This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Thank You - Share Your Holiday Horrors

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Thank you for being my little sane corner of the web. My family is here right now, been here for about 20 minutes and I have already had to remind my mother why she doesn't get invited over very often.

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 12, 2009, 04:00:10 PM
Thank you for being my little sane corner of the web. My family is here right now, been here for about 20 minutes and I have already had to remind my mother why she doesn't get invited over very often.
Awe love you too sweetie embrace.gif You are one of the best things I have found in my life lately.
Have a wonderful Easter and know we can always sit in a room cheating together blowkisses.gif

jarjar

C~M

Stinkerbell

Squid

My family and I got together yesterday for the holiday....

I can't believe I'm saying this..... but.... things went ok.  I can't remember the last holiday get-together during which drama did not occur, so I am very grateful. 

I think the key to our success was that I kept very strong apple martinis flowing!  **NOTE TO SELF**:  keep liquor available.

jarjar

Quote from: Squid on April 13, 2009, 04:28:57 AM
My family and I got together yesterday for the holiday....

I can't believe I'm saying this..... but.... things went ok.  I can't remember the last holiday get-together during which drama did not occur, so I am very grateful. 

I think the key to our success was that I kept very strong apple martinis flowing!  **NOTE TO SELF**:  keep liquor available.
Glad your day went well. Yes keep it coming beer11.gif

BabyCheetah

Hope everyones Easter was better than mine.  Ending up taking my husband to the hospital at 9:30 last night.  We were there until 4:30 this morning.  Not a very fun experience. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: BabyCheetah on April 13, 2009, 04:56:11 PM
Hope everyones Easter was better than mine.  Ending up taking my husband to the hospital at 9:30 last night.  We were there until 4:30 this morning.  Not a very fun experience. 

Oh, I'm so sorry! I hope everything is ok!   embrace.gif

Squid

Sorry, Baby!  I hope all is well now!   embrace.gif

jarjar

I hope everything is better now Baby so sorry embrace.gif

BabyCheetah

embrace.gif embrace.gif for caring my wonderful friends.  He's a little better.  Need to take him to the gastroenterologist tom. Hopefully all will be ok.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on April 12, 2009, 04:02:07 PM
Awe love you too sweetie embrace.gif You are one of the best things I have found in my life lately.
Have a wonderful Easter and know we can always sit in a room cheating together blowkisses.gif

I just wanted to say that I feel the same way about you, J. You've been such a sweetheart and I appreciate your friendship!

Stinkerbell

So, how was everyone's Mother's Day? My mother and father left early. Angry.

Squid

So sorry, Stinky.  I went to my mom's (where Mother's Day is considered a high holy day).  It was ok.  The little ones were there and they are adorable.  We made a project of planting mom's annual flowers.  They had fun getting dirty. 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 11, 2009, 03:47:56 AM
So sorry, Stinky.  I went to my mom's (where Mother's Day is considered a high holy day).  It was ok.  The little ones were there and they are adorable.  We made a project of planting mom's annual flowers.  They had fun getting dirty. 

Very nice!

My mom started her crap. Announced that she was going to write journals for my brothers and I, telling our life stories from age 0-5 and that my middle brother was perfect so his book would be an easy read. She actually said that compared to me, he was a saint and that he never ever did anything wrong. Tell me what child between 0-5 never does anything wrong? She even said that when I was a baby, 1 month old, I vomitted on her, ON PURPOSE.  She made me feel like I was worthless. I was >< this close to telling her to leave. Only reason I didn't was because I knew it would hurt my father. So instead, I went out front and watered my roses. Then, I heard coming from inside the house the sound of my oldest daughter giving my mother what for.

Next thing I know, my mother is out the door in a huff with her nose in the air, looked at me and said "We're leaving." I just nodded my head.

I am telling you. I couldn't believe she went there.

disneyland lady

I spent Mother's Day just like I have the last 7 weeks - at the nursing home with a mother who does not have a clue who I am til I remind her. Then remind her 20 mins later.....then...... It was so sad that I told my own kids that I would deal with them and Mother's Day sometime "in the future" and went to my room and watched Twilight - very little to do with Mother's in that movie. Yet another good reason to watch. I feel like I am in a bad version of Groundhog Day but did manage to find time to be thankful that at least I had a reason to celebrate Mothers Day. I am sorry Stinker that your day was what it was - but I for one am thankful cuz in spite of her you turned out to be a very special person!

On the other side of the coin, I have always thought that if they only had one day.....just one lousy day a year that we could forget that we were mothers.

jarjar

Awe Stinky and DLL I wish you both would have had a better mother's day. And I do not care what your mom says Stinky your my favorite embrace.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview