A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: jarjar on April 30, 2009, 08:48:16 AM
Where is thursday rose magnifier.gif
Quote from: hocky on April 30, 2009, 09:06:41 AM
Patience is a virtue.....one that I don't have  giggle2.gif

Her approach must be, "Always leave 'em wantin' more!".

giggle2.gif

jarjar

Quote from: Squid on May 01, 2009, 05:02:20 AM
Her approach must be, "Always leave 'em wantin' more!".

giggle2.gif
I guess we will have to meet up with her in the  slap1.gif thread.
magnifier.gif stinky where are you and your pretty roses magnifier.gif

Stinkerbell

Sorry guys, yesterday was an 'off' day for me. Plus I was reading Lover Avenged! LOL

Today's rose is Sunsprite.  Enjoy :)

Hocky

Thank goodness you posted a rose today, I thought JJ was gonna go thru rose withdrawal  giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hocky on May 01, 2009, 08:26:21 AM
Thank goodness you posted a rose today, I thought JJ was gonna go thru rose withdrawal  giggle2.gif

I'll have to post another one to make up for it.

jarjar

I must say it was well worth the wait. So pretty. I love the yellow inlove1.gif And do not spoil me with two in one day I may expect that again tomorrow. giggle2.gif

jarjar

Quote from: hocky on May 01, 2009, 08:26:21 AM
It was getting close hocky 6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on May 01, 2009, 08:34:38 AM
I must say it was well worth the wait. So pretty. I love the yellow inlove1.gif And do not spoil me with two in one day I may expect that again tomorrow. giggle2.gif

Perhaps I'll post a picture of a weed, instead.  giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Today's rose isn't a rose... LOL It's an iris that my grandmother had at her home and my mother gave me a couple years ago. This is the first year it has bloomed here.

I've never seen white iris' and this one looks like tissue paper.
I left this one bigger so you can see that on some of the petals you can actually see through them.

Hocky

I was gonna say looks like a wadded up kleenex....but very pretty indeed! Thank you for sharing Stinky  blink.gif

Stinkerbell

And for those die-hard rose fans, here is one called FireMeidland. It gets only about a foot tall, but a few feet wide. It is not technically a carpet rose, but it acts as one.  The flowers are very small but plentiful. It blooms a few times through the season.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hocky on May 02, 2009, 12:29:11 PM
I was gonna say looks like a wadded up kleenex....but very pretty indeed! Thank you for sharing Stinky  blink.gif

LOL  It is very delicate.

Hocky

Where the heck is JJ?  I cant believe that she missed on on TWO flower postings! giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hocky on May 02, 2009, 09:16:47 PM
Where the heck is JJ?  I cant believe that she missed on on TWO flower postings! giggle2.gif

She probably passed out.

jarjar

Okay you guys how do you know I did not sneak peek? giggle2.gif Stinky gorgeous as usual. embrace.gif And yes I was passed out yawn.gif Hubby and I were cleaning house today. Finally getting rid of things that have been hanging around for an eternity. Thanks again for sharing all the beauty that surounds you Stinky.
Hocky that for noticing my absense embrace.gif

bubbleup

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 02, 2009, 12:01:06 PM
Today's rose isn't a rose... LOL It's an iris that my grandmother had at her home and my mother gave me a couple years ago. This is the first year it has bloomed here.

I've never seen white iris' and this one looks like tissue paper.
I left this one bigger so you can see that on some of the petals you can actually see through them.

Wow lucky you. We used to grow white irises at the nursery. The name was 'Immortality' and was a re-bloomer(flowered again in summer through fall). Hopefully that's the variety you got but either way a pretty flower

Hocky

Quote from: jarjar on May 03, 2009, 12:12:57 AM
Okay you guys how do you know I did not sneak peek? giggle2.gif Stinky gorgeous as usual. embrace.gif And yes I was passed out yawn.gif Hubby and I were cleaning house today. Finally getting rid of things that have been hanging around for an eternity. Thanks again for sharing all the beauty that surounds you Stinky.
Hocky that for noticing my absense embrace.gif

watching you.gif  giggle2.gif

I noticed because you are a creature of habit and I love ya for it  inlove1.gif

Stinkerbell

Today's rose, Electron, isn't an exceptional beauty, though the pink is striking. It blooms like a traditional rose, but what I find interesting is how the center part, the stamen area, grows in a swirl. My daughter got in as close as she could to try and show it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview