Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 06, 2009, 04:18:36 PM
It's my fault. Homer is gone today and he left Squid in charge but I hacked into the system and TOTALLY screwed things up. I broke the posts and shortened the time expired clock.  Squid didn't see the problem happening because of my diabolical ways.  Homer was right not to trust me.

nono.gif watching you.gif

jarjar

Squid how could you. Geez you know what can happen if you miss a good reply or pm 6_6.gif

Stinkerbell

Today we have Brilliant Pink Iceburg: The original Iceburg is a very pretty white, massive growing bush. This one, and another called Burgundy Iceburg are gorgeous and are bred from the original white.

]

This will be the last rose for a week or so. The rest of the bushes are just now starting to bud, so it will be at least a few days before they open and look nice.

jarjar

twinkle6590

tumbsup.gif   Those are beautiful Stinkerbell. My favorite color too I might add. Now I have to decide do I save those to my background or do I keep the purple one...hmmmmmm I am going to have to think on this one. Too bad I can't use them both somehow.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: twinkle6590 on May 07, 2009, 01:22:39 PM
tumbsup.gif   Those are beautiful Stinkerbell. My favorite color too I might add. Now I have to decide do I save those to my background or do I keep the purple one...hmmmmmm I am going to have to think on this one. Too bad I can't use them both somehow.

You might just have to rotate!  embrace.gif  I'm thrilled you're enjoying them all :)

Squid

I'd like to know what Stinky is going to provide for the next week while the roses are maturing into bloom......

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 07, 2009, 03:27:50 PM
I'd like to know what Stinky is going to provide for the next week while the roses are maturing into bloom......

I'm on vacation...except, my daughter took pictures of two more roses   blowkisses.gif

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 07, 2009, 03:35:29 PM
I'm on vacation...except, my daughter took pictures of two more roses   blowkisses.gif
Oh no only two left. I am going to have picture rose withdrawal 6_6.gif

Squid

We love the pics, Stinky, but you take whatever time you need/want.   embrace.gif

Hocky

Quote from: jarjar on May 07, 2009, 03:36:29 PM
Oh no only two left. I am going to have picture rose withdrawal 6_6.gif

Here JJ this might help !   bulgarian.gif      giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Today I bring you JustJoey. It's a lovely peach colored rose with an amazing scent. Very sweet and fruity and citrusy.

It's times like these when I wish I had a really expensive camera so you could see the subtle peachy color coming from the center, fading into a creamier peachy white.

Stinkerbell

Anyone interested in knowing how new roses are created, this is a great slide show for just that.

It takes you through the entire process!

http://weeksroses.com/NewRoseShow/index.htm

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2009, 06:18:29 AM
Today I bring you JustJoey. It's a lovely peach colored rose with an amazing scent. Very sweet and fruity and citrusy.

It's times like these when I wish I had a really expensive camera so you could see the subtle peachy color coming from the center, fading into a creamier peachy white.
JustJoey is fantastic. Thanks for the friday rose my friend embrace.gif

disneyland lady

Have been loving your roses, dear. All of mine except for the miniature/tea roses have long bloomed in our strange weather. But I have this one pink rose that isn't remarkable except for the scent. It is called Cotton Candy and it smells like a floral perfume rather than a rose. I have it in a terra cotta planter right outside my front door and my grandson remarks on it as he leaves for school. Says 'that rose isn't good for your teeth'.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 08, 2009, 08:05:46 AM
Have been loving your roses, dear. All of mine except for the miniature/tea roses have long bloomed in our strange weather. But I have this one pink rose that isn't remarkable except for the scent. It is called Cotton Candy and it smells like a floral perfume rather than a rose. I have it in a terra cotta planter right outside my front door and my grandson remarks on it as he leaves for school. Says 'that rose isn't good for your teeth'.

hysterical.gif  @ your grandson! That was too funny.  I haven't heard of Cotton Candy, I'll have to look it up.

I'm glad you're enjoying them!  There are so many roses by so many 'creators' that many of them tend to look similar. When my China Doll is in full bloom, it looks like a big ol' puff of cotton candy!

Stinkerbell

Here are a couple other links that are very helpful.

Well, the first is a link to a book I use all the time. We take this with us whenever we go rose shopping. It's full of information and great pictures. I got mine at Home Depot.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Complete-Guide-to-Roses/Michael-McKinley/e/9780696236624/?itm=1

(The rose on the cover is a HotCocoa, I think. LOL)

Now this link is also amazing, loaded with information and it's all accessible online.

http://www.rose-gardening-made-easy.com/index.html

Of course there are many, many sites dedicated to stomping out unnecessary rose deaths, LOL, but these are the reference materials I use most.

I think I already posted the link to Weeks Roses and Jackson Perkins.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2009, 06:18:29 AM

I can't speak for others but that's exactly what I see.  A beautiful peachy color that fades into a creamier peachy white.  I think your camera is nice.  Thanks for sharing!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 08, 2009, 12:23:04 PM
I can't speak for others but that's exactly what I see.  A beautiful peachy color that fades into a creamier peachy white.  I think your camera is nice.  Thanks for sharing!

Well, Hell's Bells then. Maybe it's my eyesight.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview