Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

jarjar

The camera is capturing quite enough for me sweetie. Another beauty. goregous color embrace.gif

Hocky

WOW I really love that color...it looks like a bright light rose lol

Squid

Very nice.  I think the camera is doing a great job.  That is one bright orange blossom!

Stinkerbell

BabyCheetah

Stinkerbell, they are all beautiful.  You have such a talent for gardening.  embrace.gif

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 05, 2009, 10:34:27 AM
Today's rose is GingerSnap. It's a very deep orange color, deeper than the picture depicts.

The cameras are just not capturing the true colors of some of these roses, sorry folks.

That rose is absolutely beautiful ! I wish I had an area to dedicate to just growing roses. They are my favorite flower of all.

~Sassy~

You sure do have some pretty roses Ms. Stinky. I love roses. I think my favorite so far..if you can ever have a favorite rose, would be that pretty lavender one.

twinkle6590

That lavender rose was very beautiful. I wanted to set it as my background but I wasn't sure if one is allowed to do that one here so I left it alone.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: twinkle6590 on May 05, 2009, 04:46:47 PM
That lavender rose was very beautiful. I wanted to set it as my background but I wasn't sure if one is allowed to do that one here so I left it alone.

It's my rose, we took the picture and you have my permission to use it.  embrace.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: ~Sassy~ on May 05, 2009, 04:23:18 PM
You sure do have some pretty roses Ms. Stinky. I love roses. I think my favorite so far..if you can ever have a favorite rose, would be that pretty lavender one.

Thank you, Ms. Sassy! I have a very hard time choosing. One of the most beautiful roses I have is called Brilliant Pink Iceburg. I can't get a good picture of it though. The pink almost glows and the scent... amazing.

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 05, 2009, 07:31:22 PM
It's my rose, we took the picture and you have my permission to use it.  embrace.gif

Thank you. I just did set it as my background and man does it look pretty !!!!! You need to come to Idaho and show them how to grow roses here lol. I am looking forward to seeing more from your garden. Keep up the gardening, it shows you are really a true flower connoisseur (if thats even spelled right), by the beautiful pictures you are posting.

p.s. haaaaa i did spell check and i only missed one constanant  "n". not too bad for an ole lady lol

Stinkerbell

For anyone interested, feel free to snag and use the rose pictures. They are all taken from my own personal garden. The only thing I ask is that you don't claim they are your own pictures because my daughter has decided to take a photography class and is planning to use some of them in her "portfolio"?

And if you do claim them as your own, I curse you! May aphids infest your garden and eat your buds!

bubbleup

Love your pictures keep em coming! You live in CA right? I'm here in zone 5 where it freezes and our roses die down and go dormant. What happens to yours? Sorry to sound naive but not familiar with plant habits in warm zones.  popcorn2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on May 06, 2009, 02:14:33 AM
Love your pictures keep em coming! You live in CA right? I'm here in zone 5 where it freezes and our roses die down and go dormant. What happens to yours? Sorry to sound naive but not familiar with plant habits in warm zones.  popcorn2.gif

I do live in CA, in the high desert of SO CAL, but we have freezing every winter. My kids get up for an early morning religion class and during the winter it's usually in the 20's, and sometimes in the teens when they leave the house. We had a freak snow storm this past winter and got 7" of snow which is unusual for us. But we didn't lose a single rose bush...as a matter of fact, they seemed to thrive.

Stinkerbell

Today we have a minature rose bush called Rainbow's End. The flowers go from bud to bloom to dead in a matter of days, so they are only pretty for a day or so. The reason I personally like this rose is because of how showy the bush is from a distance when in full bloom.  As the flower ages, the petals start to curl up on the ends and begin to look pointed.

This is about as attractive as a Rainbow's End flower gets. Again, it's the landscaping effect that has me enjoying this bush.

jarjar

Okay if I did not know better someone is removing my post diablo.gif I know I replied to this today at work. Told you how beautiful it was. Now I am getting confused. And to think I even look now to see if time expired to hit post again so it goes through 6_6.gif Sorry Stinky I told you this morning how gorgeous todays roses were. embrace.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: jarjar on May 06, 2009, 04:16:55 PM
Okay if I did not know better someone is removing my post diablo.gif I know I replied to this today at work. Told you how beautiful it was. Now I am getting confused. And to think I even look now to see if time expired to hit post again so it goes through 6_6.gif Sorry Stinky I told you this morning how gorgeous todays roses were. embrace.gif

It's Squid's fault. Homer is gone today and he left her in charge. She broke the posts and shortened the time expired clock. We didn't have this problem when he left me in charge.

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 06, 2009, 06:31:00 AM
Today we have a minature rose bush called Rainbow's End. The flowers go from bud to bloom to dead in a matter of days, so they are only pretty for a day or so. The reason I personally like this rose is because of how showy the bush is from a distance when in full bloom.  As the flower ages, the petals start to curl up on the ends and begin to look pointed.

This is about as attractive as a Rainbow's End flower gets. Again, it's the landscaping effect that has me enjoying this bush.

These are absolutely beautiful roses. I bet they put out a wonderful aroma too. Keep them coming because I am really enjoying seeing them.

Stinkerbell

Thanks, Twinkle! I'll keep brining them as long as the blooms stay pretty :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview