Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2009, 06:18:29 AM
Today I bring you JustJoey. It's a lovely peach colored rose with an amazing scent. Very sweet and fruity and citrusy.

It's times like these when I wish I had a really expensive camera so you could see the subtle peachy color coming from the center, fading into a creamier peachy white.

WOW That rose is beautiful. I would love to see your yard. I bet the bees just love you to death.  All the roses are picture perfect.  camera.gif

bubbleup

how many roses do you have? I'm very envious..only have 2 here. Sometimes I dry them in silica gel or just dry them upside down...made potpourri a few times too 

Stinkerbell

Quote from: bubbleup on May 09, 2009, 06:53:59 AM
how many roses do you have? I'm very envious..only have 2 here. Sometimes I dry them in silica gel or just dry them upside down...made potpourri a few times too 

I have, so far, 96 bushes. Some are duplicates for landscaping balance, and some we loved so much that we have them both in front and back yards, so as far as how many unique bushes, 80ish I think.

I'm thinking of making wreaths with them. Don't have a clue how, but I'm thinking about it anyway.  hysterical.gif

jarjar

Quote from: jarjar on April 21, 2009, 03:25:30 PM
That is so lovely. I would never want to go indoors. Beautiful blowkisses.gif
I would love to see your yard. I bet the bees just love you to death.  All the roses are picture perfect.  camera.gif

jarjar

jarjar

Okay to early not enough coffee. I tried to get the pic of the front of the house up for twinkle. But dah me messed it up. Anyway twinkle go back to the five or six page of this thread at the beginning and stinky has a pic. camera.gif

jarjar

Quote from: Stinkerbell on April 21, 2009, 02:07:01 PM
Here ya go. This is from last year, so the bushes are bigger now. But this shows a little of what the front planter looks like.

giggle2.gif got it

Stinkerbell

It really makes me happy that you're all enjoying the roses so much!   embrace.gif

jarjar

They are all beautiful sweetie. Thanks ever for sharing embrace.gif

twinkle6590

Quote from: jarjar on May 09, 2009, 08:34:33 AM
  giggle2.gif got it

omg that is so beautiful. I wish my yard looked like that. would you like to adopt me lol

Stinkerbell

Quote from: twinkle6590 on May 09, 2009, 07:33:01 PM
omg that is so beautiful. I wish my yard looked like that. would you like to adopt me lol

I might, but I don't think you can afford to keep me supplied in roses. I don't think anyone can.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

bubbleup

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 09, 2009, 07:05:19 AM
I have, so far, 96 bushes. Some are duplicates for landscaping balance, and some we loved so much that we have them both in front and back yards, so as far as how many unique bushes, 80ish I think.

I'm thinking of making wreaths with them. Don't have a clue how, but I'm thinking about it anyway.  hysterical.gif

Wow that's alot..lucky you!
Making wreaths sounds like a great idea..you could always start off with something small and experiment till you like the results..or since you have so many maybe you should consider getting into the perfume business  hysterical.gif "House of Stink" er umm maybe not. Just kidding  embrace.gif

Squid

Quote from: bubbleup on May 09, 2009, 10:52:26 PM
maybe you should consider getting into the perfume business  hysterical.gif "House of Stink" er umm maybe not. Just kidding  embrace.gif

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

disneyland lady

I once made candied rose petals after finding the recipe online. It was interesting but time consuming and really unless you are going to have high end tea parties it was sort of useless for the average joe. Some of my roses have rose hips but I have no desire to make rose hip tea either. Almost all of mine are in planters because we had to put a handicapped ramp at the front of the house and I remember that time as sort of a Joan Crawford moment in my life. Your Rainbows End reminds me of Josephs Coat of Many Colors. I used to have that but during the construction I had it in a wheelbarrow for replanting and my stupid contractors thought it was to be recycled. It is one of those moments I can't get back.....like loaning my 12 string guitar to a known screwup.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 10, 2009, 06:16:15 AM
Your Rainbows End reminds me of Josephs Coat of Many Colors.

We had a Joseph's Coat where we used to live, but it wasn't doing well. It was a climber and maybe it was where I had it planted, but it was not very full, and even years later it only produced a few scant blooms.

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 09, 2009, 09:16:58 PM
I might, but I don't think you can afford to keep me supplied in roses. I don't think anyone can.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Can't blame a person for trying lol.

Stinkerbell

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 10, 2009, 10:45:43 AM
We had a Joseph's Coat where we used to live, but it wasn't doing well. It was a climber and maybe it was where I had it planted, but it was not very full, and even years later it only produced a few scant blooms.
Maybe yours was a Joseph's Coat of Few Colors.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview