Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

veggie garden

Started by bubbleup,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 07, 2009, 09:29:26 AM
Seedless varieties do not even taste like watermelon to me. 

I agree!  Good luck with the plants, DL

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Quote from: Homer on May 07, 2009, 02:10:25 PM

OMG, that's what I'm having for dinner RIGHT NOW.  A big salad with EVERYTHING in it.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on May 07, 2009, 03:26:28 PM
OMG, that's what I'm having for dinner RIGHT NOW.  A big salad with EVERYTHING in it.

Everything? Jere's food, too?

Squid

bubbleup

Gonna have another beautiful day here...lilacs are just starting to bloom and it smells downright heavenly outside.

Had a good time at the local greenhouse yesterday. (don't get out much LOL) I was like a kid in a candy store there- checking out all the new flowers and such. A bunch of Amish girls where there shopping with their long skirts and bonnets on. Didn't see a horse and buggy parked outside though.  giggle2.gif

I bought cucumbers ( I remembered Jar!) peppers, tomatoes & onions. The only beans they had ready where the wax kind so I passed. Oh got broccoli too never tried that before. Can't plant for a while yet but had to buy before things ran out. Also couldn't resist getting some petunias and marigolds for the kitty grave  6_6.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: bubbleup on May 08, 2009, 03:56:45 AM
Also couldn't resist getting some petunias and marigolds for the kitty grave  6_6.gif
That should be pretty but save some of the marigolds for the veggie garden. They keep lots of bad insects away from the ground.

jarjar

Best if luck with the planting bubble. Think of me when you bite into that first big juicy cucumber. My favorite I have to say dancing16.gif

Stinkerbell

We grew artichokes one year. The aphids loved them!

bubbleup

wow don't you think I can distinguish between 'where' and were'? ( see my earlier post too lazy to fix it  embarrassed.gif )

You know I think I've only had artichokes in dips before. I hate aphids. My old boss made us pinch off the stems of spirea coated with them prior to shipping...WITH OUR FINGERS!!!   My fingers were stained green the rest of the day  vomit.gif

thanks for the tip Disneyland lady and the kind words everyone. I'm sorry my brain is not with it today (is it ever?)  whistle.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview