Sweet Tooth Town : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Poppit! Bingo : Daub 1500 numbers this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Garden HD : Remove 2200 tiles this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

MahJong Garden Deluxe patch....grrrr

Started by twinkle6590,

Previous topic - Next topic

twinkle6590

help.gif   Ok I don't know if anyone else is having troubles with this game but I sure am all the sudden. i hadn't played Mahjong Garden Deluxe in awhile and when i went to play it the other day, it said an update (patch i guess) for the game is available. Ok so i downloaded the patch and everything was great. When i went to click on my shortcut to play it my virus scanner pops up saying theres a virus in the patch.  the virus is as noted:  TROJ_GENERIC_DIT. i ran my virus scanner and it picked it up. It was fixed and quarantined and everything was fine.....or so i thought. next day i go in to play again and had to redo the update (patch) again. So I did and when i opened it again, my virus scanner pops up with the same virus:  TROJ_GENERIC_DIT... so again i run the virus scanner and it fixes and quarantines it. It happened a third time when i went to play it so I am now wondering if anyone else has picked up a virus from this or am I the only unlucky one ??? I have had some issues with my pc here in the last month or so with Windows live messenger not working properly and other little things and then this pops up. Can someone tell me why or how this keeps showing up and how i can fix it. I don't mind scanning with my virus scanner each time but it takes like 2 hours to complete and it makes it hard to do other things on my pc when thats running. please can someone help me with this problem ??? 

Mayhem

Have you updated the virus definitions in your AV software?

Maybe that will solve your issue.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

I don't know which AV you're using but Trend Micro is making me crazy, identifying Oberon games as having Trojans.

bubbleup

I probably shouldn't give advice when it comes to computer issues LOL but I've had issues with that virus thingy too. Isn't it a false/positive or something like that? Anyway I haven't played mahjong deluxe in a while but I used to just turn off my virus scanner before I played. I don't know if thats smart but that's what I did  embarrassed.gif

C~M

I would add the patched game to the ignore on the virus scanner or contact Oberon about it.

Hocky

Quote from: twinkle6590 on May 02, 2009, 10:20:01 PM
help.gif   Ok I don't know if anyone else is having troubles with this game but I sure am all the sudden. i hadn't played Mahjong Garden Deluxe in awhile and when i went to play it the other day, it said an update (patch i guess) for the game is available. Ok so i downloaded the patch and everything was great. When i went to click on my shortcut to play it my virus scanner pops up saying theres a virus in the patch.  the virus is as noted:  TROJ_GENERIC_DIT. i ran my virus scanner and it picked it up. It was fixed and quarantined and everything was fine.....or so i thought. next day i go in to play again and had to redo the update (patch) again. So I did and when i opened it again, my virus scanner pops up with the same virus:  TROJ_GENERIC_DIT... so again i run the virus scanner and it fixes and quarantines it. It happened a third time when i went to play it so I am now wondering if anyone else has picked up a virus from this or am I the only unlucky one ??? I have had some issues with my pc here in the last month or so with Windows live messenger not working properly and other little things and then this pops up. Can someone tell me why or how this keeps showing up and how i can fix it. I don't mind scanning with my virus scanner each time but it takes like 2 hours to complete and it makes it hard to do other things on my pc when thats running. please can someone help me with this problem ??? 

LOL.....Naturally if you download the same file over and over you are going to get the same trigger from your AV program.  First of all, what AV program are you running?  2nd of all, turn off your AV program when you download and install these deluxe games because there has been more than one program that has picked up a false positive on some of these games.  If you download anything from Pogo, it should be pretty safe. If you download files and patches from any other website, then you have cause for concern.

twinkle6590

Quote from: Mayhem on May 02, 2009, 10:21:57 PM
Have you updated the virus definitions in your AV software?

Maybe that will solve your issue.
yes my AV/...which by the way is trend micro updates regularly.

twinkle6590

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 02, 2009, 10:23:18 PM
I don't know which AV you're using but Trend Micro is making me crazy, identifying Oberon games as having Trojans.

I use Trend Micro as well. The Mahjong Garden deluxe game seems to be the only game i have issues with though.

twinkle6590

Quote from: CrazyMan on May 03, 2009, 03:21:50 AM
I would add the patched game to the ignore on the virus scanner or contact Oberon about it.

I did contact Oberon about it and they said none of their patches have a virus in them. I thought to myself umm ok then I guess im senile and im seeing things. So in the ignore list it goes..(that is if I can figure out how to do it.). But once I do that then i wont be able to play the game any longer. If i click no to update then it goes right back to the main page.

twinkle6590

Quote from: hocky on May 03, 2009, 07:52:20 AM
LOL.....Naturally if you download the same file over and over you are going to get the same trigger from your AV program.  First of all, what AV program are you running?  2nd of all, turn off your AV program when you download and install these deluxe games because there has been more than one program that has picked up a false positive on some of these games.  If you download anything from Pogo, it should be pretty safe. If you download files and patches from any other website, then you have cause for concern.

I am going to try your idea first before i sent this patch to the ignore list. thanks for the information. by the way, i have Trend Micro.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview