This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Kansas City Steaks ?? for Homer

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

Have you ever had their 4 oz sirloin steaks?  Got an order today and wondered. I've tried the burgers but we didn't think they were all that good for the price. Thanks  blowkisses.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: gator8 on May 06, 2009, 03:54:15 PM
Have you ever had their 4 oz sirloin steaks?  Got an order today and wondered. I've tried the burgers but we didn't think they were all that good for the price. Thanks  blowkisses.gif

I wasn't impressed with the steaks. The Prime Rib was amazing.

C~M

That stuff is too expensive to purchase without seeing it first.

gator8_24

One good thing about QVC, if you don't care for the steaks, or any food item, you call CS and they will refund all money and shipping. Since they don't want the food back they usually tell you to throw it out or give to an organization that can use it.

Homer

I ordered 4 cases of ribeye steaks as presents and when I tried them I wasn't impressed. When I called QVC to return them they said I could keep them and they issued a full refund on the purchase price.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on May 06, 2009, 05:16:53 PM
I ordered 4 cases of ribeye steaks as presents and when I tried them I wasn't impressed. When I called QVC to return them they said I could keep them and they issued a full refund on the purchase price.

See? They are very good with food item refunds/returns. Only the money if you don't call them.
Why do they always make them look so good? Then they are a big disapointment when get to our home.Goint ot have try the prime rib or called the "Homer Special"

Homer

Quote from: gator8 on May 06, 2009, 05:23:36 PM
See? They are very good with food item refunds/returns. Only the money if you don't call them.
Why do they always make them look so good? Then they are a big disapointment when get to our home.Goint ot have try the prime rib or called the "Homer Special"

I have had about 4 of the rib roasts and they were all excellent as long as you don't cook them to death. Internal temp of 160 works for me

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on May 06, 2009, 05:36:22 PM
I have had about 4 of the rib roasts and they were all excellent as long as you don't cook them to death. Internal temp of 160 works for me

Yeah, we haven't gotten a bad one yet, either. Matter of fact, it's going to be my Mother's Day dinner :)  But I like mine pinker.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 06, 2009, 07:28:59 PM
Yeah, we haven't gotten a bad one yet, either. Matter of fact, it's going to be my Mother's Day dinner :)  But I like mine pinker.

I take it out of the oven at 150 and let it rest for 15-20 minutes and the carryover heat gets it to 160 and keeps it nice and juicy

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on May 06, 2009, 07:33:37 PM
I take it out of the oven at 150 and let it rest for 15-20 minutes and the carryover heat gets it to 160 and keeps it nice and juicy

Thanks Homer. Another goodie to add to the puter's notebook! blowkisses.gif

hillbillyjim

Are they better then omahasteaks? I love omaha, its all I grill all summer long.  cook.gif

Homer

Quote from: hillbillyjim on May 07, 2009, 06:41:11 PM
Are they better then omahasteaks? I love omaha, its all I grill all summer long.  cook.gif

Much better. Omaha Steaks absolutely blows. Buy Kansas City Steaks from QVC that way you are protected if you aren't happy with them.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on May 07, 2009, 06:46:54 PM
Much better. Omaha Steaks absolutely blows. Buy Kansas City Steaks from QVC that way you are protected if you aren't happy with them.

Yep! QVC is very good about refunding you if you don't like the product.

disneyland lady

Another item from QVC that I absolutely love is Corky's Pulled BBQ Pork. It arrives in 2 lb tubs and we keep it in the freezer as you can spoon what you need for a sandwich and just microwave it. The shipping on their meat products is very high but if you pick a day when they have Corky's or any of their meats featured they usually have a discount on the shipping.

Stinkerbell

disneyland lady

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2009, 06:20:44 AM
Oh, and Mrs. Prindibles Candy Apples... to die for!
I actually went online trying to find candy apples when the stores here did not carry them. My fav are the ones at Disneyland where they have a specialty one each day but since I am not gonna go all the way there just for the apples.....Mrs Prindibles are the best. Last time I ordered (at Xmas) I got 24 of them and shared them with the family as part of my Xmas Gift.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: disneyland lady on May 08, 2009, 07:57:27 AM
I actually went online trying to find candy apples when the stores here did not carry them. My fav are the ones at Disneyland where they have a specialty one each day but since I am not gonna go all the way there just for the apples.....Mrs Prindibles are the best. Last time I ordered (at Xmas) I got 24 of them and shared them with the family as part of my Xmas Gift.

That's what I do, too. This Christmas I got several boxes of the Candy Pretzels for my husband to give out to the Boy Scouts he works with and the boys from church he teaches. They were a huge hit.

Then some of them I used as decorations on gifts, tying them on with ribbons.

MsMissy

Oh my Goodness, i see some of you people watch QVC also LOL do any of you watch HSN too? i have it mostly on QVC & listen to it while on puter. if i hear something good i jump up & go to TV. as for there food, i havent tryed any yet, but corky's ribs looks good to me. Oh my i cant think of everything that i see or would like to try, but they are so high on there things. But i just love to watch there Foods they show, especially when David is always sampling them.  giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: MsMissy on May 08, 2009, 10:07:45 AM
Oh my Goodness, i see some of you people watch QVC also LOL do any of you watch HSN too? i have it mostly on QVC & listen to it while on puter. if i hear something good i jump up & go to TV. as for there food, i havent tryed any yet, but corky's ribs looks good to me. Oh my i cant think of everything that i see or would like to try, but they are so high on there things. But i just love to watch there Foods they show, especially when David is always sampling them.  giggle2.gif

My hubby liked their pulled pork sandwich meat, but if I recall, and he will comment I am sure, Homer didn't care for the ribs, too inconsistent in quality.

Is that right, Great and Fearless Leader Homer?

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on May 08, 2009, 10:19:58 AM
My hubby liked their pulled pork sandwich meat, but if I recall, and he will comment I am sure, Homer didn't care for the ribs, too inconsistent in quality.

Is that right, Great and Fearless Leader Homer?

I ordered the riblets and sometimes they were good and sometimes they were mushy and had a mealy consistency to them. My guess is something happens to them in the freezing process.

I would rather have the Masterbuilt Smokehouse and do my own ribs

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview