Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Cheater Altercations/Confrontations

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

Quote from: jazzybitz on June 18, 2009, 05:51:07 PM
what happens when we get caught will others on same ip suffer we have 4 puters networked-do u just change ip
white flag.gif
Pogo will ban you for two things:
1) Claiming any prize with a monetary value if you have used a cheat
2) Typing things that violate the Terms of Service, such as "I cheat in POGO all day long"

Beyond that, pay your bills and type nothing, and NOTHING will ever happen to your account. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

jarjar

Quote from: Joe C on June 18, 2009, 06:07:50 PM
2) Typing things that violate the Terms of Service, such as "I cheat in POGO all day long"

Beyond that, pay your bills and type nothing, and NOTHING will ever happen to your account. tumbsup.gif
embrace.gif Words of wisdom ... I hope undecided.gif

Hocky

Quote from: Joe C on June 18, 2009, 06:07:50 PM

can I have that in writing Joe?  Will you represent me when I lose my account?  giggle2.gif

Joe C

Quote from: hocky on June 18, 2009, 09:48:48 PM
can I have that in writing Joe?  Will you represent me when I lose my account?  giggle2.gif
All I can say is that I have been running cheats since 2003 and I have never been sent to the sin bin. On top of that, several players Pogo emailed me saying they "reported" me. Absolutely nothing came from any of it. Of course, now I do not get Pogo email from anyone not on my list, so who knows how often I get reported now. giggle2.gif

PogoKaz

I watched someone in a room yesterday saying the game was easier as they ran an auto and just used to chat to talk to people.  Several people came up with "That's cheating", "You will be banned".  The poster replied "it's not cheating, I paid for my account and chose to pay extra for autos".
Someone else said "It's a good idea, I don't think its cheating either, more like an investment".

I just wonder how many people in that room reported the original poster  nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif

Tracey

BabyCheetah

Quote from: PogoKaz on June 20, 2009, 02:42:33 AM
I watched someone in a room yesterday saying the game was easier as they ran an auto and just used to chat to talk to people.  Several people came up with "That's cheating", "You will be banned".  The poster replied "it's not cheating, I paid for my account and chose to pay extra for autos".
Someone else said "It's a good idea, I don't think its cheating either, more like an investment".

I just wonder how many people in that room reported the original poster  nono.gif nono.gif nono.gif

I like that persons reasoning.   giggle2.gif

Squid

I've suddenly been hit with a deluge of invitations to privately chat in the game (especially Pogo Bowl).  I wonder if that's because people are now cut off from seeing my profile.  They must be figurin' that if I don't reply to the invitation, that I must not be there, therefore I am cheating.  How dare they be right in their assumptions.   giggle2.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on June 20, 2009, 09:55:44 AM
I've suddenly been hit with a deluge of invitations to privately chat in the game (especially Pogo Bowl).  I wonder if that's because people are now cut off from seeing my profile.  They must be figurin' that if I don't reply to the invitation, that I must not be there, therefore I am cheating.  How dare they be right in their assumptions.   giggle2.gif
VP minimizer takes care of the private chats that get by the cheat programs. MOST of the cheat programs know how to ignore invitations to chat.

Inviting people to chat was an old-school way to interrupt cheat programs about 5 years ago. People do it to this day in an effort to stop people from cheating. Just like the Junior Sheriff's Deputies on I-95 that drive 65 in the left lane to "prevent" people speeding. People whip by them on the right side and give them the finger until they knock it off. hysterical.gif

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on June 20, 2009, 10:02:26 AM
Inviting people to chat was an old-school way to interrupt cheat programs about 5 years ago. People do it to this day in an effort to stop people from cheating. Just like the Junior Sheriff's Deputies on I-95 that drive 65 in the left lane to "prevent" people speeding. People whip by them on the right side and give them the finger until they knock it off. hysterical.gif

I know... my middle finger is getting tired.  Pull over to the right already!!

Just kidding.................

Hocky

if you have your chat turned off it automatically gives the other person doing the invite a message saying you declined their invitation.   tumbsup.gif

Homer

This was a letter to pogo about cheating in Sea Ball. No matter what anyone says there is nothing another member can do to you for using a cheat program. So let them report you all they want because pogo isn't listening to them.

Hi Ed,

Love the new game Boardwalk Sea Ball - it's addictive and competitive. But it's obvious a lot of players are using cheat program - their scores are impossible and I am not being a bad sport. What can we do about it? I'm not even sure it's allowed. Can we report it?

Looking forward to the new games I've also heard about.

JAS

Hi JAS

Thanks for writing in and I'm glad you're enjoying Boardwalk Sea Ball too!

I'm sorry to hear that you may have encountered foul play in the game. To answer your question, it's not possible for players to report cheating. The reason is simple - player reports are just not an efficient or accurate way for Pogo to monitor and combat cheating (which is done on an ongoing basis).

Cheating is a clear breach of Pogo's Terms of Service and can result in loss of accounts. But, in fairness, it's usually best to give your fellow players the benefit of the doubt if you suspect someone's cheating. I've had many mails in the past from honest players who've been unfairly accused of foul play simply because they'd had chat off and been on a lucky streak! You can never really be 100% sure (from high scores, lack of chat response or anything else) that someone's playing underhandedly, and accusations of cheating can leave a very bad taste. Please don't run the risk (however small it might seem) of hurting of hurting a fair player's feelings.

If you see anyone in a Pogo game room advertising a cheat program (or Tokens, Gems etc,) in chat, that's a different matter. Do please report them (as SPAM) so that appropriate action can be taken. That really helps us out.

The good news is that there are a few tweaks being made to the Board Walk Sea Ball that will make for a drastic reduction in the use / effectiveness of cheat programs and make for a much more even playing field... Cheats never prosper!

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Magzy

swamp

well about time pogo knows who (PC) that buy all the badges and albums and mini items. in these hard time and there not going threw lay off`s and down sizing. i think they should give us a big pat on the back.after all WE are there bread and butter  enuff said   coffee.gif

Squid

I was confronted by another malcontent last night in Pogo Bowl.  He accused me of cheating because my scores were so high.  I then told him he could stick it where the sun 'don't ' shine   ass.gif .  He then said he would report me to Pogo.  I told him that he can take his whiney ass and print his suspicions in the New York Times for all I cared.  He then called me a meany.  I then told him that if he thought I was mean, he should meet my cheatery friends like Stinker, Sassy, JJ, JoeC, etc. .... and especially Homer.  He wanted to know where he could meet up with my fellow cheating cohorts so I gave him this address and told him we would knock his block off and call his mother mean things.  By the way, I'm just kidding.  :-)   Hope I made you smile.

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on June 22, 2009, 10:12:01 AM
I was confronted by another malcontent last night in Pogo Bowl.  He accused me of cheating because my scores were so high.  I then told him he could stick it where the sun 'don't ' shine   ass.gif .  He then said he would report me to Pogo.  I told him that he can take his whiney ass and print his suspicions in the New York Times for all I cared.  He then called me a meany.  I then told him that if he thought I was mean, he should meet my cheatery friends like Stinker, Sassy, JJ, JoeC, etc. .... and especially Homer.  He wanted to know where he could meet up with my fellow cheating cohorts so I gave him this address and told him we would knock his block off and call his mother mean things.  By the way, I'm just kidding.  :-)   Hope I made you smile.
giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

Glad I was kept out of that ruckus cuz I heard it got brutal. I had to call the Squidward Surgery for reattachment.

~Sassy~

Works for me.  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Stinkerbell

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview