Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Congrat's BabyCheetah Hun

Started by bams68,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Joe C

Quote from: BabyCheetah on June 17, 2009, 08:56:06 PM
I don't think I can hold out that long.  40 weeks is my max not 40 years LOL
That was the forty years BEFORE the Pats won in 2002 Superbowl. Since that one, 3 Superbowls, 2 World Series, 1 NBA title, 3 NCAA Hockey titles (Unfortunately, two of those went to the idiots up on Chestnut Hill, the scumbag Boston College Eagles).
giggle2.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

twinkle6590

I agree with Sassy. I think you should have a baby shower for your new bundle of joy !!! Maybe even involve your son in this shower as well since its going to be his little sister. I wish you and baby good health through your pregnancy!!! As a mom, having my baby girl was the greatest thing to ever happen to me and now as a grandma I am even more tickled. I bet your son will be like a watch person over his little sister and wont let anyone touch her. Anyways, congratulations to you and make sure to get lots of rest and put your feet up and enjoy the pleasures this will bring!!!!

Squid

Quote from: jarjar on June 17, 2009, 01:19:35 PM
You make a perfect Auntie Squid love30.gif

blowkisses.gif blowkisses.gif blowkisses.gif  Thank you, GF, you'll make a great one, too!

Quote from: BabyCheetah on June 17, 2009, 02:42:46 PM
Don't you jinx me Squiddy.  LOL  I was already told that if the baby doesn't see his/her shadow the baby's going back in for another 6 weeks LOL

hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Quote from: BabyCheetah on June 17, 2009, 02:42:46 PM
Question for you gals,  You know that I have a 5 yr. old boy,  is it improper to have another baby shower for this bundle of joy?  Remember it's my husbands side of the family's "first" grandbaby.  Even though they love Tyler, my 1st, just like he was their own. 

It's my opinion that every baby deserves a celebration!  Since this is the first on his side, I would definitely do it.  If anyone on your side thinks, "Enough already... she already had a shower....", then they don't have to attend.  Celebrate the new life, Baby, and forget about anyone who may be a naysayer.

xoxoxxo 

Stinkerbell

I don't think it's inappropriate at all. Especially if it's been 5 years and I'm sure you'd be needing more baby goods, right?

And also, here's a thought for future showers. My daughter has had her boys fairly close together, about 2 years apart. She doesn't need much along the baby lines anymore so when we had her last shower, she got a couple group gifts, but many of us purchased "mommy" items for her to pamper herself with.  Great idea for moms.

BabyCheetah

Thanks gals for responding to my question.  I had so much fun at my 1st baby shower and got so many cute things for my son.  I saved a lot of the good stuff but if I do have a girl then I have nothing for her.  Plus, if it is a boy he needs his own stuff too not just hand  me downs.  I was also worried about a lot of the safety issues with car seats and strollers.  I've heard not to use anything that's over 5 years old.  I don't know if thats the companies trying to make more money off of us or if safety is an actual issue with these items.  I'll research more into it as time goes by.    I know I will definitely put on like 10 cases of diapers in all different sizes LOL.

Quote from: Stinkerbell on June 18, 2009, 09:18:10 AM
I don't think it's inappropriate at all. Especially if it's been 5 years and I'm sure you'd be needing more baby goods, right?

And also, here's a thought for future showers. My daughter has had her boys fairly close together, about 2 years apart. She doesn't need much along the baby lines anymore so when we had her last shower, she got a couple group gifts, but many of us purchased "mommy" items for her to pamper herself with.  Great idea for moms.

I like that idea stinkerbell.  I can think of a few things that this mommy needs.  LOL

bams68

Too bad we didn't live closer together - I have tons of baby stuff. Even still have my sons crib, which I jus took apart finally a few days ago. Still like new - finally got him a huge Lightening MaQueen Cars bed...he looks sooo small sleeping in a twin bed, but he's luving it. But yeah I'm left with this huge crib I have no where to put. An I'm sure when I move I won't bring it...Ah well...I'm sure I'll find a good family who will need it before I move or I'll jus donate it to the church or even a single moms group I know in the city.

I think any child should be celebrated with showers. Especially if it's been awhile since your last child or it's ur first. As most moms usually get rid of there baby stuff or hand them down. An end up turning around having another...so yeah they need them again so it's great having showers an also it helps too with diapers an those lil things. Really helps out

Anywho again Congrat's an enjoy it. Children have wonderful ways an they jus open up ur heart
blowkisses.gif

BabyCheetah

I just spoke with my mom and she said that you only get one shower for the first child.  Is that old fashion?  I dunno.  My mom was the one who threw me my 1st one.  I dunno, I guess we'll see as time progresses, maybe one of my friends will throw it for me.  I want one to celebrate this baby but I don't want to be selfish or seem greedy by having another baby shower.

Thanks gals for all your advice.   embrace.gif embrace.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview