Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

pitcher gets win while he's 1500 miles away

Started by bobby,

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby

Hey Alan Embree(notes)! Joel Hanrahan(notes) sees your pitchless victory from earlier this week and raises you a no-show win while enjoying an off-day with another team in a city 1,500 miles away from the game's completion.
OK, so Hanrahan officially threw 16 pitches to become the winning pitcher in the Nationals' 11-10, 11-inning win over the Astros in a suspended game that was started on May 5 in Washington but not completed until Thursday in Houston.
But Hanrahan didn't throw a pitch during the seven-minute relocated resumption because in the 65 days that it took for the two teams to say "game on!" he was traded to Pittsburgh as part of the Nyjer Morgan(notes)-Lastings Milledge deal. Though he had to turn in his curly W before being shipped out on June 30, he remained Washington's pitcher of record and earned his first (and only) Nats victory of the season when his old teammates pulled off the "home" victory in the bottom of the 11th at Minute Maid Park. 
The best part of this week's latest unique pitching credit? Well, as Hanrahan pointed out in a phone call with the AP, his win came against a division rival of his new team in Pitttsburgh:
"It's pretty funny. It feels pretty good in the situation that (Pittsburgh is) in. Houston is a team in our division and we gained ground (in the standings)."
That Hanrahan earned a win only after appearing in 34 games with Washington (while racking up a 7.71 ERA and 1.949 WHIP) just seems so Nationals, doesn't it?
But, truthfully, the team was almost guaranteed of something like this happening. Seven players who were on Washington's roster on May 5 are no longer suiting up and four of the game's five relievers no longer reside in DC. Morgan, the former Pirate, scored the winning run after taking the place of the since-demoted Elijah Dukes(notes) on the basepaths.
The Nats may be historically terrible — their 25 wins are by far the least in baseball and even their broadcasters are turning against them — but at least they're capable of producing some pretty interesting headlines. (And a weird win once in awhile, too.)

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

disneyland lady

Aww, that's nothing. I can get badges from Pogo without actually playing the games.

Joe C

Quote from: disneyland lady on July 12, 2009, 03:21:32 AM
Aww, that's nothing. I can get badges from Pogo without actually playing the games.
I have activated mix badges 100 miles away from my computer using the cheat program. hysterical.gif

disneyland lady

Quote from: Joe C on July 12, 2009, 07:59:01 AM
I have activated mix badges 100 miles away from my computer using the cheat program. hysterical.gif
They should have some sort of superbowl type ring for being able to do that.

Joe C

Quote from: disneyland lady on July 12, 2009, 09:26:40 AM
They should have some sort of superbowl type ring for being able to do that.
Nope, just my blackberry. Of course, Homer will make fun of this, but it gets me my badges! tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview