Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Internet Service

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

Lywarior1

Hey Yall;
Sick of aol give peoplepc.com a try its much better then aol and cheaper its $10.95 per month and you get a free 30 trial. just goto peoplepc.com its a small 3 minute download.

Homer

If your concerned with internet costs why not just go to www.netzero.com

They have free internet service. Be prepared to see lots of ads though. Only a 2 minute download. ;)

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Lywarior1

Hey yall;
I tried that one Homer and it kept on booting me off of the net, didn't like those big ads too, with peoplepc you get no big ad bars are any of that stuff and it doesn't boot you off as much as with that other one.  I've tried alot of ISP's and peoplepc in my opine is about the best one I've found I know I sound like a chimerical but oh well.

yousmellbad

people pc blows. It booted me more than msn and aol combined.

DJ_

I just don't understand why people have a problem with AOL, yes it costs more when you're on dial up but with broadband I think it's one of the best ISP's out there. (keep your opinion to your self fatkid...haha just kidding)
There aren't too many ISP's out there that let you store your pictures on line which by the way is unlimited, and also gives you unlimited e-mail space and 13 or 16 MB of attachments. On top of that NO popups or banners to deal with and free club pogo games.... most people that complain about AOL are either on dial up or have crappy computers that either need to be replaced or tweaked. (I can see the hate mail coming  :P )
My 2 cents on this topic   ;D

Stupiddave99

why dont u try NetZero Hi Speed for 5bucks more a month?

2TOOME

Quote from: DJ on July 03, 2004, 05:13:37 PM
I just don't understand why people have a problem with AOL, yes it costs more when you're on dial up but with broadband I think it's one of the best ISP's out there. (keep your opinion to your self fatkid...haha just kidding)
There aren't too many ISP's out there that let you store your pictures on line which by the way is unlimited, and also gives you unlimited e-mail space and 13 or 16 MB of attachments. On top of that NO popups or banners to deal with and free club pogo games.... most people that complain about AOL are either on dial up or have crappy computers that either need to be replaced or tweaked. (I can see the hate mail coming  :P )
My 2 cents on this topic   ;D

I agree DJ.  I have been with AOL for about 3 years and I really haven't had a problem with em.  I've thought about switching to a cheaper ISP but I would miss all the features that AOL offer.

Homer

My problem with AOHELL was the constant disconnects.

Cable is the way to go.  ;)

yousmellbad

I never had a real problem with AOL. it was just slow with the older computer I have. But now I have cable and LOVE it  :D

2TOOME

Quote from: yousmellbad on July 03, 2004, 07:05:53 PM
I never had a real problem with AOL. it was just slow with the older computer I have. But now I have cable and LOVE it  :D

I have Satellite and to get an ISP with them is outrageous so I'm stuck with dial up :'(

fatkid

Why is this topic a "sticky" topic Admins?  Was this just an accident or ment to be stuck on top of the topic lists?
Army Of Losers is a dying company... TimerWarner has sorely suffered HUGE net loses because they merged with AOL... Slowly but surely it will go the same way as the buffalo...  With SBC now you can get great DSL (broadband) 'net for only $26.99 in my area... Now compared to 56k with AOL 9.0 for $23.99, that just doesn't seem fair to me at all... Dial-up internet service should NEVER cost more than $8-10 at a highest price point... With lowering costs of broadband internet equipment it is much easier to provide dial-up subscriers a substantially lower cost for their service... But instead we have AOL and MSN each charging $23.99 and $21.99 for their internet respectively...  Just doesn't seem fathomable that people still consider joining with these ISPs anymore...

ronandamee1

Most people join aol because of those stupid free disks they send and because of the pretty browser. AOL has an awsome browser. When I ascended to Broadband it took me a while to get used to ie. I can see where some of the weekend computer warriors are coming from.

Homer

Quote from: fatkid on July 03, 2004, 10:35:25 PM
Why is this topic a "sticky" topic Admins?  Was this just an accident or ment to be stuck on top of the topic lists?

It's not a sticky. I checked the settings. ;)

DEBKARLAR

Quote from: Homer on July 03, 2004, 07:02:05 PM
My problem with AOHELL was the constant disconnects.

Cable is the way to go.  ;)
I pay for cable, no disconnects and the speed is great I'm on my comp 6+ hours a day it's amazing I find time to eat,sleep,shower and work lol

snatcher

im on cable and aol for broadband and i thinks is great, havent had any probs yet and super fast

evilone373

i have cable and i have the aol bring your own proovider plan its $14 a month.i like it better than any browser ive used it is simple for someone like myself who wouldnt know  a network card from a memory chip.

yousmellbad

Quote from: 2TOOME on July 03, 2004, 07:12:00 PM
Quote from: yousmellbad on July 03, 2004, 07:05:53 PM

I have Satellite and to get an ISP with them is outrageous so I'm stuck with dial up :'(

Check out if your local phone company and see if they have dsl. My parents have DSL through sbc and it is really good as well.

TonySoprano

Quote from: fatkid on July 03, 2004, 10:35:25 PM
With SBC now you can get great DSL
Your right, I have been using it almost 2 years now. At most I get 2 disconnects a month and it connects itself right back up within a minute.  My only problem is in my router that I tried it save a buck on. 2 of the ports are shot and I have to reset it because it overheats every few weeks or so. SBC customer service is great too. I called them for help one time and they accually sent someone out here to help.  :-\

saratoga

I was spoiled from the beginning .. i had cable (optus) but at the time it was $80 aus a mth.. but we had  a house full of students...
my mum had dial up and it is so slow.. now  that I'm in Canada i have used Bell dsl... and it was painfully slow plus i kept getting booted.. tho i suspect it was all the old wire here in this building.. i now have Rogers cable.. the service sux... but the speed is what i want ...

badcrazygirl

i hate aol it sucked it wen't so slow and it kept booting us off the internet

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview