PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:54:50 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Twitter and IE8

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Anyone having issues accessing twitter.com with Internet Explorer 8?

My browser locks up tight anytime I try and access the site .. it's getting annoying.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

I'm not having a problem with Twitter and IE8, Mayhem. For me what is annoying is the stupid little ad telling me the for a better Twitter experience I should update to IE8. Hello! Been there, done that.  stop.gif 

Mayhem

I get those 'upgrade to IE8" messages too ... even on youtube.   swear2.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

IndianLover

I was having problems with IE8 locking up quite a bit so I uninstalled and went back to 7. I'll wait until they get some more bugs out of it.

disneyland lady

I quit IE8 2 days after I installed it. And I will not upgrade until the issues are over.

gator8_24

My son told me in no  uncertain words "stay away from IE8" So I walked away shakin in my boots from fear  hysterical.gif

jarjar

swamp

ie 8 is bad news i got rid of it the same day.like mayhem it made my page lock up on twitter  coffee.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: swamp on July 24, 2009, 05:48:45 PM
ie 8 is bad news i got rid of it the same day.like mayhem it made my page lock up on twitter  coffee.gif

Now that is bad news! hysterical.gif

Hocky

That's why I use ol trusty Firefox for all of my browsing  tumbsup.gif

Joe C

Apple's Safari is really awesome in windows. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on July 25, 2009, 11:49:14 AM
Apple's Safari is really awesome in windows. tumbsup.gif

Safari was working great for me, then suddenly it wouldn't play Pogo without a Java update and some other plugin, which for whatever reason will not seem to install on my VISTA laptop.

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 25, 2009, 12:04:27 PM
Safari was working great for me, then suddenly it wouldn't play Pogo without a Java update and some other plugin, which for whatever reason will not seem to install on my VISTA laptop.
Do you have DEVELOP option utilized? If you do, then you can then choose
Develop>User Agent>Internet Explorer 7.0

It is not Safari that has the issue. It is that Pogo does not support Safari, so Safari "emulates" I.E. 7 or 8 and tricks stupid Pogo into thinking you are using the Microsoft product.

Take that Pogo! ass.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on July 25, 2009, 12:19:08 PM
Do you have DEVELOP option utilized? If you do, then you can then choose
Develop>User Agent>Internet Explorer 7.0

It is not Safari that has the issue. It is that Pogo does not support Safari, so Safari "emulates" I.E. 7 or 8 and tricks stupid Pogo into thinking you are using the Microsoft product.

Take that Pogo! ass.gif

Where do I find the "develop" settings?

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on July 25, 2009, 03:24:27 PM
Where do I find the "develop" settings?
In Safari, to get "develop" to show up on the menu, you need to go to
Edit\Preferences which opens a window, go to Advanced then click on the box "Show Develop menu in menu bar"

Then, you can use the Develop\User Agent thing I talked about. Works like a dream.

Stinkerbell

This is where the problem comes in for me right now, Joe. There is no toolbar that has the edit preferences, file, view, or anything else on it.  I'll keep working on it.

Stinkerbell

OK, I got that to work, but now it says I don't have the correct version of Java and I can't find anything to tell me which is the correct version or where to find it.

It used to all be there working fine, I have no idea what happened.

Joe C

Every time you open Safari and use it for Pogo, you have to do the Develop\User Agent thing.

To recap:
Safari users need to have "DEVELOP" active* on their menu bar. The menu bar is the "FILE EDIT VIEW HISTORY BOOKMARKS" etc at the top of the window.

Click on the menu bar DEVELOP\USER AGENT\INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0.

By having SAFARI on USER AGENT - Internet Explorer 7.0, Safari "talks" to web sites as if it were running IE 7. This is what Pogo expects to see.

*If you do not see "DEVELOP" on your tool bar, you can place it there by clicking on the menu bar EDIT\USER PREFERENCES\ADVANCED\check box checked "Show Develop menu in menu bar"

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview