Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Rest In Peace - Stumpy McDeal

Started by Joe C,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

August 28 will be the three-year anniversary of Pogo killing Stumpy McDeal.

For those of you not familiar with Stumpy McDeal, also affectionately called "Bucky", Stumpy was the star of a Pogo game called Buckaroo Blackjack. It was a blackjack game that was fairly straight-forward and did not have rank badges. It had very low-resolution graphics, and the sounds were quaint. Pogo only offered four weekly challenges in this game, some of which were epic old-school early marathon badges.

{Yee-haw!} badge, 50 Silver Jacks
{Stumpy's Blackjack} badge, 500 Blackjacks
{Buckaroo Blackjack} badge, 1 Gold Jack
{Buffalo} badge, 2500 tokens

Occasionally, players would be dealt Gold and Silver Aces and Jacks. If you won the hand you would get extra tokens. For the {Yee-haw!} and {Buckaroo Blackjack} badges, you had to WIN the hand to get credit. We used to complain loudly and often when we would finally see one, only to have 12 or 13 showing.

These badges were converted to "Special Edition" badges that only certain members have.

Stumpy McDeal was a loveable rascal that we got to lock horns with from time to time. If you got a blackjack, he would yell "Howdy". He would ask "Want Insurance" and other silly things. Now, the only traces of him in Pogo are as a prize in Poppit and a "Pogo Buddy" in Pogo Addiction solitaire. For Pogo's tenth anniversary, the first badge in the to be released "Pogo Turns 10" premium album will be {Pop Ten}, where the player needs to find 10 Stumpy McDeal prizes.

So, you are thinking, what happened to Stumpy McDeal? Why so much commotion?

On August 28, 2006, after much ballyhoo and bluster, Buckaroo Blackjack was sent to the Pogo scrap heap, replaced by the horrible and stupid Blackjack Carnival. Nothing was really added to the new game, except some really stupid looking rank badges, a dumb "Blackjack" counter that gave you a spin after 4 blackjacks and the much-despised side bets, for which Pogo makes various annoying challenges. Oh yeah, a stupid "carnivale" theme that is just wrong.

People were FURIOUS with Pogo about losing access to Buckaroo Blackjack for the old challenges, for not getting new ones in the game and just how badly Blackjack Carnival sucked. Stumpy was an original member of the Pogo cast, up there with Spike, the Queen from Payday Freecell and the gopher from the Word Whomp family. Over the years, Pogo has given Stumpy some props, by placing him in some badges and games in a cameo role.

Every year since then, I have gone into Blackjack Carnival on August 28 and yelled in caps, "I WANT BUCKAROO BLACKJACK BACK. FREE STUMPY McDEAL! FREE STUMPY McDEAL!!!!"

Pogo could release it with simple ranks and make the graphics a little nicer.

FREE STUMPY McDEAL!!!!!! july4th_33.gif vote.gif july4th_33.gif

Blackjack Carnival sucks! mask2.gif mask3.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Hocky

Ahhhhh yes...good 'ol Bucky!  I remember him well, I do.  I used to  swear2.gif everytime he would chant "You lose the bonus" or "BUST" while sitting on that log.  I soooo wanted to shove that log up his  ass.gif many a times.  I am one of the few and proud to have all four badges in my special edition album.

Rest in peace Stumpy....you 'ol log sittin' cowboy you. 

Oh and Joe...I gotta give ya a  slap1.gif and a  low blow.gif for wanting to resurrect him.   giggle2.gif

disneyland lady

That "Yeehaw" was the reason I turned off my speakers forever on Pogo. But he does live on as one of the bobbleheads in Solitaire Addiction.

Nymph Sorceress

Quote from: hocky on August 22, 2009, 03:25:46 PM
Ahhhhh yes...good 'ol Bucky!  I remember him well, I do.  I used to  swear2.gif everytime he would chant "You lose the bonus" or "BUST" while sitting on that log.  I soooo wanted to shove that log up his  ass.gif many a times.  I am one of the few and proud to have all four badges in my special edition album.

Oh and Joe...I gotta give ya a  slap1.gif and a  low blow.gif for wanting to resurrect him.   giggle2.gif

hysterical.gif That was funny!! hysterical.gif
I ranked out on both and have all badges for both so I guess I never really cared either way!!
I guess when I think about it they were/are BOTH annoying!! giggle2.gif   ......Just like me. tumbsup.gif

Joe C

Quote from: hocky on August 22, 2009, 03:25:46 PM

So, you prefer the Blackjack Carnival? hysterical.gif

gator8_24

I also remember and have all the badges. Also ranked out on carnival long time ago, get those pesky ones over early!

Squid

harley89

One day playing with stumpy  in chat this woman said she felt like she was in a **** movie with all the bust and push calls he kept saying  I lmfao over that one cause she was right . everybody kept setting his stump on fire . he was one of those pogo figures that you loved to hate, course he is a whole lot better than Dottie. Maybe stumpy could take her job

Squid

Quote from: harley89 on August 23, 2009, 09:18:26 PM
Maybe stumpy could take her job
LOL

Can you imagine?   "Wooo hoooo, buckerooo!  I just called out G-46!  Yeeeee haawwwwww"

Squid

Joe C

Hocky

Quote from: Squid on August 24, 2009, 06:00:45 AM
LOL

BTW, Hocky.... nice rack.  giggle2.gif

shy12.gif  Thanks for noticing Squid!  Just wish they were really that perky.   giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Joe C

FREE STUMPY McDEAL!!! tumbsup.gif

Also, this would be a great game for Uncle Otto. tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on August 25, 2009, 08:51:35 AM

You know, August 28th is my daughter's birthday. Maybe we can turn it into a Free Stumpy party? I'm just sayin'...

disneyland lady

Operation would be a great game for Uncle Otto too.

Joe C

Quote from: disneyland lady on August 25, 2009, 10:32:16 AM
Operation would be a great game for Uncle Otto too.
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
The cheat program worked GREAT for Buckaroo Blackjack.

As for Operation Mania, this SMILEY doctor.gif is only slightly less useless than the cheat program.

Nymph Sorceress

Quote from: Joe C on August 25, 2009, 10:57:55 AM
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif
The cheat program worked GREAT for Buckaroo Blackjack.

As for Operation Mania, this SMILEY doctor.gif is only slightly less useless than the cheat program.

Wow! Harshness!! low blow.gif
However, since I never played that game yet on Pogo (or had the auto for it) then I guess I can't say. undecided.gif

roadwarrior

my uncle otto kicked stumpys ass.  Best ass whopping I ever saw ol otto do.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview