PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:55:00 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Watch ur lemons

Started by bams68,

Previous topic - Next topic

bams68

Check out this story...heard this a few weeks back
First time I heard of this happening
Radio DJ here made sum pretty hilarious jokes about this .....

http://wcbstv.com/local/lemonade.stand.fine.2.1131308.html

Squid

Wow, I guess the parks department agents already took care of the purse snatchers, flashers, muggers and vandals in the park - so they thought they'd go after 10 year old girls selling lemonade.  What boneheads.

disneyland lady

Maybe it is because I live in a bigger city but I thought everyone knew not to set up a lemonade stand anywhere near where the public is. We had neighborhood kids selling cans of lemonade once. At least then you know what went into it when you buy. But in these days of recalls and public safety concerns a home made cookie and some lemonade could be deadly to your immune system. Not to mention how much the food vendors pay the city for permits to let some little kids come in and eat their profits. They want extra money do what one of my neighbor kids did - went around with a wagon filled with dirt and told them they could dig and find buried treasures (hot wheel cars).

bams68

my sweetie who's from NY himself thought it was funny but he was like yeah, this is a rich neighbourhood where she was selling an on park grounds. She could have made a foutune he said. Which is why they issued the fine...but still they could have jus warned them an asked them to remove the stand, not freak out sum young kid who didn't know better.

Ah well, jus had me laughing when I did hear about this as our radio dj really cranked out sum jokes an songs about the whole issue. Jus sad at the same time for this poor girl.....sheesh

~Sassy~

panic button.gif At least she didn't give up and went somewhere else.  bbq21.gif

lipstick.gif Poor little thing, she will probably grow up and be the next Coco Chanel.  giggle2.gif

harley89

It is sad that you have a parent that wants to help his child learn about money and working and some  ass.gif decide to make a big deal about it.  As said before i guess all the muggers rapists flashers and etc had taken the day off.  This child was learning a priceless lesson and I hope her parents find other ways  for her to  learn. 

disneyland lady

Can't even build that lemonade stand without a permit I am sure. After all, isn't it also illegal to have a tree house? My neighbor built up a house on stilts next to his tree and then had planks put in the tree so they could climb up to the 'next to the tree' house.

Dave K

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview