PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:57:19 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Teen Drivers

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

My oldest grandaughter turned 16 last Thursday. Course she has her learners permit and taken all the courses and will take her drivers road test Sept 17.  I ordered a magnet from newlylicensed.org to place on her car that identifies her as newly licensed if it makes a few drivers take a deep breath and chill out it is worth the few bucks I paid.  They have the magnets and window clings,  Link is below if anyone is interested

newlylicensed.org

Stinkerbell

My son turns 16 in October and I am sooooooooooooooo worried about letting him drive. He's kinda... loopy.

harley89

I know the feeling my grandaughter is like the absent minded professor.  Is scary smart but lacks common sense.  That girl can  get a perfect score on the SAT if she wants too. Got the brains that could take over the planet . But she does well driving but I am not sure how she will do alone.  Its just alittle magnet but maybe it will keep people out of her way

Dave K

Well I'm 15 and I'm about to be driving soon too.

I think you should wait and see how good of a driver she is before you put the magnet on her car.
But what do I know... I'm just a kid  giggle2.gif

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on August 27, 2009, 10:12:08 AM
My son turns 16 in October and I am sooooooooooooooo worried about letting him drive. He's kinda... loopy.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Quote from: harley89 on August 27, 2009, 09:44:55 AM
My oldest grandaughter turned 16 last Thursday. Course she has her learners permit and taken all the courses and will take her drivers road test Sept 17.  I ordered a magnet from newlylicensed.org to place on her car that identifies her as newly licensed if it makes a few drivers take a deep breath and chill out it is worth the few bucks I paid.  They have the magnets and window clings,  Link is below if anyone is interested

newlylicensed.org
I admit I was not the best of kids....

If my mother put a magnet on the car or window saying that, I would drive away, turn the corner, stop the car and remove it.  That's how I rolled as a teenager.  lol

bobby

Quote from: Squid on August 27, 2009, 01:17:54 PM

If my mother put a magnet on the car or window saying that, I would drive away, turn the corner, stop the car and remove it.  That's how I rolled as a teenager.  lol
wish i had a car when i was 16 *kicks can and looks pathetic*

swamp

Quote from: bobby on August 27, 2009, 01:21:44 PM
wish i had a car when i was 16 *kicks can and looks pathetic*
my dad gave me a 1959 ford that didnt run.and some tools and said heres your frist car son.and said i wont to understand how it works before you start driving.best lesson of my life. ahhh the good old days  6_6.gif beer11.gif coffee.gif

jarjar

Quote from: Squid on August 27, 2009, 01:17:54 PM

watching you.gif sure put all the good tricks up their young mind sleeves giggle2.gif

roadwarrior

If that was my parents putting that on my car at 16-17, I would drive a few blocks, peel it off.  Then about 2-3 blocks from home put it back in the spot it was put at.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview