PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 05:51:33 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Mary Travers of Peter, Paul and Mary dead at 72

Started by Hocky,

Previous topic - Next topic

Hocky

BOSTON – Mary Travers, one-third of the popular 1960s folk trio Peter, Paul and Mary who were perhaps best known for their hit "Puff (The Magic Dragon)," died in a Connecticut hospital after battling leukemia for several years. She was 72.

disneyland lady

I saw her (them) in concert several times and while she has not been active for a while it would have been great to have had them do one last concert tour. I remember that they had the line "leaving on a jet plane" which was actually John Denver's but still made me laugh nowadays to think that we called aircraft "jet planes". RIP Mary.

harley89

RIP Mary you sang to the world and world loved you.  Puff The Magic the Magic Dragon will forever be in my heart.

CindyLouWho

angel19.gif   I've loved "Puff the Magic Dragon"  since I was a little girl & still love it.

triviamaven

Quote from: CindyLouWho on September 17, 2009, 01:20:40 PM
angel19.gif   I've loved "Puff the Magic Dragon"  since I was a little girl & still love it.

me too!  and now that song is in my head and will lodge there for hours if not days....well, may it be in memoriam.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview