PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:46:13 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

When you lose a Pet!!

Started by 17MattFan,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

I am so  sorry for the loss of your pet.  I've lived through many pet losses and it's terrible.  The joy of having pets far outweighs the loss, for me, and so I continue with at least one pet.  I wish you the best.

Hocky, I adopted a rescue Shih-tzu and I felt the same way you did.  It will all sort itself out.  I take my little guy everywhere I possibly can.  I have a sling for him and a carry bag if I can't let him be free and loose.  He's the best.   I leave him alone when I work and I've never had any trouble.  I don't crate my dog but am told that crating brings them a sense of security.   Your little fur baby sounds precious.  I hope it all works out.

17MattFan

just wanted 2 let every 1 know i finally talked to my son in law (he is staying with us 4 a few weeks working)
he said the reason he didnt say anything was because he was upset to. and he didn't know what 2 say.
he knew the puppy meant alot 2 me he said i treated it like a baby, and he was at a loss as to how to approach me about it.
i told him that by him not saying  anything that ,that was almost as bad as the act itself.
he has offered to get or buy me another puppy if that is what i want.
spoke to my husband also, he said he knows how attached to animals i get and that he should of known how much it bothered me but to him it wasnt a big deal cause he still "dont get it". oh well cant win them all.
and finally i spoke to my step daughter also the wife she is back in fl i called her last night after speaking to her husband. She said basically the same thing he did. But she said when he buried Bulldog he was about to cry himself.
That he petted him and told him that he was very sorry . I didnt know about that no 1 told me before.

So as of now I am on the lookout for another bulldog puppy i dont want it to look just like the 1 i had but i hope it has some of his personality he was a very good puppy.
I felt bad at first at the thought of getting another 1 until i read every single 1 of the messages every 1 has left and you have made me see that i will not be replacing him ,just giving another puppy a chance and hopefully loving him as much as bulldog.

Thanks Again To You All for ALL the kind thoughts and words it really has helped alot
I am very Greatful

Still
"mIssIn BuLLdog"

Homer

Sometimes men have trouble expressing their emotions. It is considered "not manly" to let someone see you cry. I have no trouble telling anyone that I cried like a baby when I put my cat to sleep last week. I still cry here and there when thinking of her. I could care less if people think it is "unmanly" crying10.gif

I am currently going through my house so I can "kitten proof" it. I plan on getting 2 kittens very soon.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

FreecellFanny

Homer

Homer

snowflower

Quote from: Homer on September 26, 2009, 08:39:15 AM
Sometimes men have trouble expressing their emotions. It is considered "not manly" to let someone see you cry. I have no trouble telling anyone that I cried like a baby when I put my cat to sleep last week. I still cry here and there when thinking of her. I could care less if people think it is "unmanly" crying10.gif

I am currently going through my house so I can "kitten proof" it. I plan on getting 2 kittens very soon.

girls22.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dear little confidant and best friend, I know how that feels.  But I'm really happy to hear that you're going to get two new little ones who'll ask nothing more than a loving home, companionship and a bit of affection.  And as before, you will get it back tenfold or more. Just so you know, Homer, my hubby is a big, bold outspoken man and not much jars him.  But he came home from the vet with me and cried for three days when we lost our 17 year old friend. But this new little one has eased his pain. Remember what you told me ... how true and thank you for that!!  It'll be ok as soon as you get your two little newbies!!  

Homer

Quote from: snowflower on September 26, 2009, 10:27:39 AM
girls22.gif

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your dear little confidant and best friend, I know how that feels.  But I'm really happy to hear that you're going to get two new little ones who'll ask nothing more than a loving home, companionship and a bit of affection.  And as before, you will get it back tenfold or more. Just so you know, Homer, my hubby is a big, bold outspoken man and not much jars him.  But he came home from the vet with me and cried for three days when we lost our 17 year old friend. But this new little one has eased his pain. Remember what you told me ... how true and thank you for that!!  It'll be ok as soon as you get your two little newbies!!  

Thank you.

Joe C

Quote from: Homer on September 26, 2009, 03:10:57 PM

Thank you.
We all like this side of Homer a lot more than the slap-happy one. embrace.gif embrace.gif

Sorry about your loss, too, Homer. embrace.gif embrace.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

jarjar

Keep us posted on the new furry additions to your family Homer and Mattfan. So glad you will give your love to another furry friend that needs someone. Needless to say you will love them so much but they actually will love your more. embrace.gif

Homer

Quote from: Joe C on September 26, 2009, 03:22:27 PM
We all like this side of Homer a lot more than the slap-happy one. embrace.gif embrace.gif

Sorry about your loss, too, Homer. embrace.gif embrace.gif

Thank you.  slap1.gif slap1.gif slap1.gif

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Bearcats937

Really sorry to hear about your dog... Dunno what I would do with out my cats  crying10.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview