PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 08:38:27 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

FedEx flies terminally ill girl home

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

Because of caring people and a caring company, a terminally ill little Green Forest girl was flown home Friday by air ambulance from M. D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, so she can spend her last days surrounded by the people who love her most.

Jada Harper, who turned seven on Sept. 1, has an inoperable malignant tumor in her brain and is in a coma with a ventilator doing her breathing for her. She has been at the famous cancer center in Houston since July, but her situation is now at the point not much else can be done to help her.

Friday afternoon, Jada was flown home to the Ozarks — on a gurney, attached to the machine that breathes for her. FedEx Freight paid the $11,000 bill for the special medical flight her family was unable to afford.

Click here for full story:

http://harrisondailytimes.com/articles/2009/09/26/news/doc4abd634567a5f810451602.txt

roadwarrior

Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Stinkerbell

What a tragedy, but at least FedEx stepped up and helped make her final days better... at least for those she is leaving behind.

triviamaven

what a great story...and I bet all the free publicity they get over this event is less than an ad campaign would cost them.
wonder why we never hear of UPS doing great things?!

disneyland lady

I have seen the FedEx airplanes sometimes while at airports. They have their windows blacked out so more than likely they do not have much of any seating inside and so would be perfect for this kind of thing. I know they transport bodies but they are "cargo" and do not need attending to.

BIuTru

Its good to see a large company do things to give back to us all. My prayers are with the family.

6_6.gif

abbbie

There truly caring people in the world...My son passed away in 2003 of a cancerous brain tumor and so many people went above and beyond for him !! gives you a whole new look on life even after he passed away people still flood you with kindness ...

Stinkerbell

Quote from: abbbie on October 18, 2009, 10:02:54 AM
There truly caring people in the world...My son passed away in 2003 of a cancerous brain tumor and so many people went above and beyond for him !! gives you a whole new look on life even after he passed away people still flood you with kindness ...

I can't imagine...  embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif

abbbie

ty stinker...I guess this was the right place to post about my son...its  about the news story but I can relate ...so much

Stinkerbell

Quote from: abbbie on October 18, 2009, 10:22:17 AM
ty stinker...I guess this was the right place to post about my son...its  about the news story but I can relate ...so much

It never ceases to amaze me, the kindness of strangers. Just when I think the world is beyond hope, I hear stories about RAOK (Random Acts of Kindness) and my faith in humanity is renewed.

I am so sorry for your loss, and can't even begin to understand the pain. This is a great forum made up of great people, not just words on a screen. If you ever need to vent or share your feelings... whatever... you'll always find someone here to listen.

ladygirl99

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview