PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:31:25 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I Learned Something Important

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

That at my age I should not try to stunt on a skateboard.  Got the bruises to prove it. 

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

disneyland lady

Poor baby! I knew skateboarding was dangerous but with all the fluffy snow when I went skiing I figured I would have a soft place to land when I tried out snowboarding. I was sooooo wrong. Anything that says "board" unless it has the word "game" after it is very dangerous. Take waterboarding.  hysterical.gif

harley89

Agreed I will stick to 2 wheels and a seat from now on.  Been along time since I face planted like that

jarjar

Ouch harley that had to hurt. I bet your gonna be sore for awhile. Take care sweetie embrace.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on October 04, 2009, 07:31:41 AM
Agreed I will stick to 2 wheels and a seat from now on.  Been along time since I face planted like that

I'm glad you're ok... but wow, what a memory!

harley89

Stinkerbell

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Awww, poor baby!!  I hope you're ok, hon.

About 8 years ago, I decided to try roller blades.  I used to skate on four wheels many years ago and thought I still had the "magic".   It took me about 2 months to regrow elbows.

I feel your pain.
Feel better! blowkisses.gif

harley89

Thanks Squid  my Dad(will be 81Yrs old this year) gave me alittle advice when i told him about my attempt He said next time you are about to do something stupid get a beer and drink it and think about it after you finish the beer if you still want to do it repeat and keep repeatin until the stupidity passes (or you cant remember what you were going to do )

Squid

who me?

Quote from: harley89 on October 05, 2009, 05:12:54 AM
Thanks Squid  my Dad(will be 81Yrs old this year) gave me alittle advice when i told him about my attempt He said next time you are about to do something stupid get a beer and drink it and think about it after you finish the beer if you still want to do it repeat and keep repeatin until the stupidity passes (or you cant remember what you were going to do )

Your Dad sounds like a very wise man  tumbsup.gif

Squid

harley89

My Dad used to brew his own beer in the kitchen, I never got to try it and he wont tell me how to do it.  Back in the day he was known to run a load of moonshine before his law enforcement days

who me?

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

~Sassy~

Sorry Harley!  embrace.gif

If it doesn't have a steering wheel, I aint gettin' on it!!! My hubby found out the hard way too, it was his first and only time on a skateboard. His ankle was all kinds of different colors. doctor.gif nurse.gif

This is NOT me  toboaggan.gif nor this ski3.gif

This is me!  winter23.gif

alyaks

Sorry to hear about your accident Harley. I know I'm a newbie and probably shouldn't give advice, but......I'll tell ya the same thing I tell my husband. If it starts with "Watch This!".....I'm gonna smack you. Or in this case, I guess I'll have Homer smack you. He seems to do a real good job and everyone seems to like it. Oh wait! If you like it, you'll do something stupid just to get smacked, so I'll have to do the smacking okay? Deal? watching you.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview