Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Internet Service

Started by Lywarior1,

Previous topic - Next topic

pogoinsomnia

I have used AOL for 6 years now and I very rarely have a problem,  If I do have a problem it is my Dinasuar of a pc that lets it down   hahahaaaa....

Anyways, you guys  service charges  here in UK, it costs a fortune no matter who you are with,  slowest broadband is usually £19.99 p.m.  Top broadband is £26.99 the price is very close across the board.
At the end of the day it was just by accident that I choose AOL Glad I did... ;D

honeypyye

And for those who don't know....

26.99 British Pound = 49.48077 US Dollar

Currently.... :)

fatkid

Yeah, that sounds about what I pay for my cable connection... Plus digital cable I wind up paying Comcast around $70-80 a month... May soon switch to SBC and DirectTV though, as I loved my satelite TV experience...

What I still can't figure out is for the people who are paying for a broadband provider, why in the world would you still keep AOL... I understand DJ has to have it now (though I forced him to give it up at one time)... But for the rest of you with a high speed connection why keep paying extra for a service you don't need... Everything AOL gives you, you can find on the net somewhere else for free... Is it because AOL centralizes it all for you?  That's what favorites are for... I just can't figure out why people would need AOL with a broadband connection...

LeelooMin

ok i gotta comment here-- i hev AOL with topspeed and AOL for DSL- and in the 4 years i have had it i have only had 2 major problems- :) which were fixed fairly fast _W

fatkid

Why use AOL at all if you already have DSL?  You don't need to pay more for a service you don't need... I'm not talking problems-wise... I'm asking for a justification to continue to use AOL when you already are paying for broadband...

DJ_

Quote from: fatkid on July 05, 2004, 03:58:08 PM
Why use AOL at all if you already have DSL?  You don't need to pay more for a service you don't need... I'm not talking problems-wise... I'm asking for a justification to continue to use AOL when you already are paying for broadband...
Maybe people are just happy with AOL, that should be reason enough  ;)
Now stop harassing all the AOL customers   :P

bob@pogopal

Hey, if aol can turn IE (a product that microsoft almost pays people to take) into a product people are willing to pay a monthly fee for, more power to them! AOL obviously knows what a large segment of the population wants in software.

Stupiddave99

Aol has had a broadband thing - AOL for Broadband they call it

bob@pogopal

Yes, that's how I have AOL for supporting my customers even though I don't have broadband. Basically, they charge $8 a month to use their browser and their proxy server.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview