PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:06:08 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Being Reported

Started by shoppingforme,

Previous topic - Next topic

shoppingforme

i got a question....  hoiw can you find out how many times someone has been reported...  someone was talking about it in a room tonight..  and i was curious as to how that can be found out.  i didn't ask in there..  i don't talk in lobbies.  but it would be very intersting to know since i have a HORRIBLE stalker problem. 

Hocky

I dont think you can........how do you have a stalker problem when you can easily block everybody except people on your friends list to see where you are?

shoppingforme

someone that keeps making different names..  it is insane

Hocky

It doesn't matter what names someone makes up....you can block EVERYBODY that is NOT on your friend's list.  So it is impossible for someone to stalk you.

Also.....do not go to your "usual" game rooms where this person has spotted you before.  Play in a different room..one that you never play in so they won't know where you are.

Joe C

Also, if you turn off chat, then there is no temptation to reply. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

shoppingforme

cheerleading.gif

shoppingforme

that was my last question i'll ask here.  sorry don't spend all my time on pogo.  i play tourneys and that is where it happened.  and has continued for 6 months now.  so as for your blocking everyone and so on.  i am well aware of the in's and out's.  all i asked was a simple question and didn't need a lesson in pogo.  wow. ya'll have a good day. 

roadwarrior

why all the anger?  We were only being honest.

Click on your friends list.  At the bottom of the screen, it says something to the affect of show blocked players list.  Click there.  Then on the next screen, theres a box at the bottom of the blocked players list that says "Show my current location to players on my Friends List only."  Make that box is checkmarked.  Go to your guest book and click on guest book settings.  Choose your setting and hit save settings.

That way no matter how many names this person creates, your stalker friend can't find you.  

Word of advice from someone who's had a pogo stalker or two-If by some chance, fate, coincidence-whatever you want to call it-they do somehow find you-hit the mute button and let them make a fool of themselves without drawing you into it.

I don't know how much simpler we can make it really and that's the God's honest truth.  Don't understand why your getting so pissy about it.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

roadwarrior

Quote from: shoppingforme on October 14, 2009, 12:20:00 PM
that was my last question i'll ask here.  sorry don't spend all my time on pogo.  i play tourneys and that is where it happened.  and has continued for 6 months now.  so as for your blocking everyone and so on.  i am well aware of the in's and out's.  all i asked was a simple question and didn't need a lesson in pogo.  wow. ya'll have a good day. 

I think somebody needs a chill pill.

shoppingforme

and i think that is u.. don't try to flame me it won't work.  was no anger.  made a simple statement.  i asked a simple question and got what i got. period.  now if u'd like to turn it into something other than that..  go right ahead..ull be talking to yourself.  and once again since u must not be able to read.  i said that i know all of what you said..  since u could not have read the thread, that had already been explained.  and had NOTHING to do with the question i asked.  and the only one getting "pissy" is u.  must have nothing better else to do than to try and create trouble.  bless you heart.  this discussion is over.  i will certainly never ask a simple question again.  it seems there are some that don't understand what they read. 

Stinkerbell

I've been around here a long time and honestly, the people here are only trying to help. Honest. Your question was specific to handling a stalker, I think, so the answers were specific to that. Nothing was said about belonging to a league until later in the thread after the advice was handed out. Unfortunately, sometimes, as in your case where you don't want or can't block everyone, there's nothing you can do other than report said stalker to Pogo.

I'd love to know how you're able to play in tourneys without talking in the lobbys. I stopped doing them because you always seem to HAVE to chat.

jarjar

disneyland lady

shoppingforme

whatever....  nothing like dealing with morons....  end of discussion.  my last post.  it is evident what this board is about.  can't even read simple english.  so chose to flame.  i could care less..  good bye.  people were right about this board.

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mayhem

that was my last question i'll ask here.  sorry don't spend all my time on pogo.  i play tourneys and that is where it happened.  and has continued for 6 months now.  so as for your blocking everyone and so on.  i am well aware of the in's and out's.  all i asked was a simple question and didn't need a lesson in pogo.  wow. ya'll have a good day.  

Why the hostility? You mentioned you had a horrible stalker problem and the users here were just trying to help you out.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Joe C

vomit.gif
Dear Shoppingforme

Well, I guess it is time to play "Deconstruct the rant". I feel slightly offended that I offered help and instead of "thank you" or "so nice to try, but it did not answer my question", my buds and I are punished for offering help. We get rude behavior from you for our efforts.

Here goes:
"That was my last question I'll ask here." People were honestly trying to help you. We cannot read minds, therefore, sometimes we answer the question we see written on the screen. All of us Pogo Cheaters have been reported. We have all been stalked. We did not like it. We learned lessons from it and want to share. We are a group of people that is very open to new people. We give them the benefit of the doubt over and over.

"Sorry don't spend all my time on pogo." What is the purpose of this sentence? I do not spend ANY time on Pogo, I have cheat programs that do it for me. My cheat programs run 24/7. Are you insulting us? Are you demeaning us? Is it wrong that my hobby is running cheat programs on Pogo? Are you better than others because you play tournaments?

"I play tourneys and that is where it happened.  and has continued for 6 months now." I did not know this early on, but I can see where this causes problems. Tournaments usually require you to chat so you can report your scores. Tournaments like to see your profile, so they can check your stats. This is an issue that might cause you extra grief, since your stalker might know where you are more regularly. Your league should be able to assist you if someone is stalking you through the league.

"so as for your blocking everyone and so on.  i am well aware of the in's and out's." Ok, you asked for help. Many people tried to help. Just because we did not answer the question you wanted answered (but did not write) does not give you the right to treat us this way. Your behavior is rude, demeaning and insulting. We have been wronged by your actions and we deserve an apology without excuses.

"all i asked was a simple question and didn't need a lesson in pogo.  wow. ya'll have a good day." You are offended that people tried to help you? You asked a fairly vague question and did not get the exact answer you were looking for? Actually, despite the form of your question, you did receive an accurate answer. Hocky said "I do not think you can". We were informed later that you played tournaments, which might have narrowed down our responses.

In any case, your behavior has insulted me, even though it is slight, and you should apologize for your actions. Your actions are completely out of line for what people did trying to help you.

shoppingforme

evidently you don't comprehend what you read.  the question was, "DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW MANY TIMES SOMEONE  HAS BEEN REPORTED",  the stalker comment was simply a comment.  not a QUESTION.  it is not my fault you chose to not throroughly comprehend what you are reading.  and the rest is history.  i am done with this.  it is simply not worth it. to sit and write a LETTER simply says all i need to know.  it would be nice if u chose to cause such trouble that u take the time to read in completion first what was being asked.  and in now way did i start this hostility.  and as for the anger thing...u know what never mind.  not worth the time.

roadwarrior

Quote from: shoppingforme on October 14, 2009, 01:33:04 PM
whatever....  nothing like dealing with morons....  end of discussion.  my last post.  it is evident what this board is about.  can't even read simple english.  so chose to flame.  i could care less..  good bye.  people were right about this board.

If you can't block everyone because your in a tourny or whatever....when you realize said moron is in the room just mute said moron.

That's what the rest of us do.

That takes.....oh....I dunno...5 seconds at best??

Joe C

Quote from: shoppingforme on October 14, 2009, 01:54:42 PM
evidently you don't comprehend what you read.  the question was, "DOES ANYONE KNOW IF YOU CAN FIND OUT HOW MANY TIMES SOMEONE  HAS BEEN REPORTED",  the stalker comment was simply a comment.  not a QUESTION.  it is not my fault you chose to not throroughly comprehend what you are reading.  and the rest is history.  i am done with this.  it is simply not worth it. to sit and write a LETTER simply says all i need to know.  it would be nice if u chose to cause such trouble that u take the time to read in completion first what was being asked.  and in now way did i start this hostility.  and as for the anger thing...u know what never mind.  not worth the time.
A question is followed by a question mark. It looks like this ?
If you do not place a question mark at the end of your question, then it is implied that everything is part of your question.

Again, since you asked your "question" poorly, I personally had to guess what was part of your question and what was not part of your question. You continue to ATTACK others with your words and your actions instead of stepping back and looking how you treat us. Thanks for being so kind to us.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview