Bejeweled Stars : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Warning Vista Update

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Last night Vista updated on my desktop  and it has crashed my puter. I cant even get it to boot in safe mode to do a system restore.  windows will not load at all si be carefull about updating

harley89

Okay this appears to have done serious damage  i cannot get the puter to boot in safe mode will not boot to last known good configuration or will not boot harddrive using Disk  I think it killed it

Squid

OMG, I'm so sorry, Harley.  That VISTA crap is dangerous!

Stinkerbell

OUCH! Mine updated yesterday also but I haven't had a problem... yet.

C~M

Windows put out a big set of updates even for windows 7 the other day and all of them were deemed critical.  I had some install on my vista eariler today as I turned it off to get on my xp and it is downloading them now.  I have a newspaper clipping and it states they plugged 34 holes in vista xp 2000 and 7.  The patches target IE, media player, outlook, silverlight, just to name a few.

disneyland lady

I too had a problem with a crash immediately after the update but thankfully I was able to get back in slowly via the safe mode.

harley89

Imstill cant get safe boot and any boot what so ever. This is nuts

ladygirl99

harley89

Puter is DOA update went fine on laptop but that huge update killed the desktop. 

jtric1963

i had the same problems when the update occurred,  i had to do a system restore from an earlier date, and turn my auto. update off until they get this problem corrected.  i looked it up on microsoft,  and several hundred thousand others had the same problems.  microsoft says it is working on the problem. white flag.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview