PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 10:07:13 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

web browsers

Started by ~buttercup~,

Previous topic - Next topic

~buttercup~

there's a lot of different web browsers and i was wondering which one is the best? also was wondering if you download one does it replace or erase internet explorer? cause i was looking at one and it say's "make the switch" so if downloaded can internet explorer still be used?

C~M

You can use IE or any other browser you have installed.  One doesn't replace another unless you like it better and use it more.  Most people use IE and Firefox to double browse.  I have IE, Firefox, and Google Chrome on my computers and use them all for different things.

~buttercup~

ok thanks. i just wanted to make sure before i downloaded cause i still want to use internet explorer. plus i wasn't sure which one to download. i was thinking about firefox but wasn't sure. it sound good though.

Stinkerbell

I primarily use Mozilla's SeaMonkey and really like it. I also use FireFox, plain ol' Mozilla and IE. None of them interfere with the others.

Joe C

My favorite (and most stable) browser for Window's VISTA is Apple Safari browser.

You do have to do some things (not too hard) each time you run it to trick Pogo into believing that you are using another browser. It is very stable and cleans out cache very easily. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on October 21, 2009, 08:59:57 PM
My favorite (and most stable) browser for Window's VISTA is Apple Safari browser.

You do have to do some things (not too hard) each time you run it to trick Pogo into believing that you are using another browser. It is very stable and cleans out cache very easily. tumbsup.gif

I had Safari working great. Then there was an update and now I can't get some java plugin thing or something to work.

disneyland lady

Sounds like Apple is trying to do Windows trick of playing havoc with the Peter Principle. Do you remember that one? The Peter Principle is the principle that "In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence." In effect Windows has to give those employees something to upgrade whether there is one needed or not. Then once everyone has risen beyond their incompentence you have a company like Windows that puts out idiot upgrades to continue unless they fire everyone and start anew.

Stinkerbell

I know this is slightly off topic, but only if you read the title of the thread, so here goes.  Speaking of updating and upgrading...

A friend called me today asking if she should upgrade her laptop from Vista to Windows 7. She bought a laptop a month or so ago that had Vista on it, but she gets a free upgrade to Windows 7 and was wondering if she should do it. I told her that I wouldn't do it if it were me.

What do you think?

Hocky

I have heard from a few puter experts on the news that most people who do not have any crashing problems with vista prolly dont need to upgrade to Win 7.  However, they do recommend XP users to upgrade.

I say to each their own....I have Win 7 and have no issues with it at all....it has some very cool features that Vista and XP do not have.  I recommend anyone contemplating this should go to Microsoft's website and see the comparisons for themselves. 

I also heard that Microsoft will stop supporting XP in the near future........i cant remember the date though.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: hocky on October 22, 2009, 05:43:50 PM
I also heard that Microsoft will stop supporting XP in the near future........i cant remember the date though.

I may stop supporting Microsoft in the near future.

Squid

girls18.gif
I love my XP.  I want to keep it and I WANT IT SUPPORTED!

Changes always bring problems for me.  I want a nice period of smooooooth sailing.

Hocky

Quote from: Squid on October 23, 2009, 04:08:03 AM
girls18.gif
I love my XP.  I want to keep it and I WANT IT SUPPORTED!

Changes always bring problems for me.  I want a nice period of smooooooth sailing.

I found the answer on microsoft's website....you have some time Squidly.....says "We plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014."

disneyland lady

Quote from: hocky on October 23, 2009, 06:54:28 AM
I found the answer on microsoft's website....you have some time Squidly.....says "We plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014."
Actual quote is "While we never have had support for Vista, we plan to provide support for Windows XP until 2014."

Stinkerbell

It seems when an OS is working well, they keep it around offering unneeded support. But when they screw them up, as with ME and Vista, rather than offer the needed support, they trash them and bring out something "new and improved" and then only support that if it's not needed.

I see a trend.

~buttercup~

i tried double browsing and was having a lot of problems when trying to play a game on both browsers. it kept freezing or closing with errors. is it just me or am i doing something wrong?

disneyland lady

Quote from: ~buttercup~ on October 23, 2009, 03:49:21 PM
i tried double browsing and was having a lot of problems when trying to play a game on both browsers. it kept freezing or closing with errors. is it just me or am i doing something wrong?
You have to use different browsers to do it but you could be like me and have a limited computer. Mine will boot up the two browsers and game windows but does not have enough memory left to actually play the game.

~buttercup~

i have two browsers but maybe i don't have enough memory. i'll keep trying maybe it'll work eventually.

disneyland lady

Quote from: ~buttercup~ on October 23, 2009, 04:09:31 PM
i have two browsers but maybe i don't have enough memory. i'll keep trying maybe it'll work eventually.
You do know you need to log in to Pogo with 2 different screennames to double browse.

~buttercup~

yeah i have two pogo accounts. i think maybe i had to many windows open.

disneyland lady

Quote from: ~buttercup~ on October 23, 2009, 06:09:19 PM
yeah i have two pogo accounts. i think maybe i had to many windows open.
Try it first on a game that does not require you to do too many quick moves like checkers. That was about the only one I could get to work on my limited computer.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview