PlayBuddy
August 11, 2024, 09:24:32 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Trizzle HD : Match 1400 yellow dolls this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Safari HD : Win 20 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Solitaire Home Story : Fill the streak meter 70 times this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

PROBLEMS WITH COMPUTER_{{{more}}}

Started by 17MattFan,

Previous topic - Next topic

17MattFan

there might already be a post on here about this im not sure but i have spent 3 days now trying to fix it and i honestly dont have time to read through all the threads so sorry if i missed it.

ok here's the problem my pc was working fine monday night i had installed java earlier in the day and was playing Harvest Mania on it til late monday night.
got up tuesday morning it wouldnt do anything i switched over from ie7 to ie8 a few weeks ago and the only problem i had was the web page trying to close then it would say tab has been recovered so i didnt think much about it.
well pogo wouldnt work so i uninstalled java and ie8 just to switch back,,, and it showed ie8 was off. it went back 2 ie7 for about an hour. i closed the page and went to openit again a few minutes later and now i have no tool button no favorites tab cant paste and copy. the internet tab at the bottom is just the letter e it doesnt tell you the name of the site your on.

i have spent 3 nerve wracking days non stop trying to fix this and i cant at all.
i tried to uninstall ie8 again and now it says copy error when deleting.

some 1 suggested i try 2 reinstall ie8 but now i cant download anything at all either so now what???
i have been to every web site there is and tried all the suggestions offered nothing has worked
if you have any ideas please share them with me. i have had my share of computer problems over the years and most of them i can fix on my own but this has me completely stumped.

if you can help at all thanks!!!

C~M

sounds like you need to do a system restore back to before you did all of that

Hocky

Yeah if it is that jacked up...you need to do a restore so you can download stuff again.  SS to hear bout your puter problems  embrace.gif

17MattFan

Quote from: CrazyMan on October 22, 2009, 08:15:28 PM
sounds like you need to do a system restore back to before you did all of that

yeah thats the first thing i tried i figured it was an obvious solution to something i messed up but that didnt work either but thanks for the suggestion

thanks 2 u 2 hocky

C~M

well if that didn't work and you can't download anything then maybe a family or nearby friend could download IE7 or IE8 and save it to a CD or flash drive and give it to you and you can try installing it that way.

17MattFan

Quote from: CrazyMan on October 22, 2009, 08:34:59 PM
well if that didn't work and you can't download anything then maybe a family or nearby friend could download IE7 or IE8 and save it to a CD or flash drive and give it to you and you can try installing it that way.

thats a great idea havent thought of that and it wont hurt to try.now just have to find some 1 to make it 4 me

thank you very much

C~M

Quote from: 17MattFan on October 22, 2009, 08:44:53 PM
thank you very much

You are welcome, I hope it works!

Also, maybe you could download something from your email.  You could try having it sent there also to see.

Hocky

Well..........if all else fails....you could always reformat your hard drive.  I know that seems drastic but you never know, you may have some sort of virus or something that is messing up your IE 8/IE7.  This way....everything is fresh.

Just back up your important files and wipe it clean.  Just my 2 cents worth.......

17MattFan

CrazyMan and Hocky just wanted to let you know that i being not at all as smart as i thought i was when it comes to computers took it upon myself to try 2 fix it!! huge mistake i found the windows xp disc  but instead of taking everything off i tried to update it and of course after (i started no turning back now) it said the disc wasnt any good andi couldnt do anything at All after that it just kept rebooting saying the same thing over and over ugh>>>

well the moral of the story is my husband bought me a brand new computer  with a 19 inch widescreen monitor cd/dvd burner yay me. hell if i would have known that sooner i would of done tore it up lmao hysterical.gif

but seriously i just wanted to take the time and THANK U BOTH FOR OFFERING HELP I REALLY appreciate it!!!

hugs to u both....

Hocky

Congrats on the new puter!  Yeah if I tore mine up I am sure my hubby would do the same for me.....I always get my way for stuff like that.  shy12.gif

If you bought the 150 package make sure you email badgehelp to reset your page....or if you didnt then make sure you have your receipts for the ones you did purchase to have new passwords sent to you. 

Good luck and happy cheating on your new machine!

C~M

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview