PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:37:28 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

H1N1 info

Started by snowflower,

Previous topic - Next topic

snowflower

girls22.gif

This is short but well worth the read.

Everyone in the cleaning industry has always been told that hand dryers in restrooms are not sanitary, they spread germs and bacteria around.  I always thought that this just came from the paper companies because they are loosing sales to the hand dryers.  A couple of years ago, I was working with a rep, and I noticed that after he washed his hands and noticed that there were no paper towels, only a hand dryer he left the restroom with wet hands.  I asked him about it.  He said that hand dryers blow a lot of germs and bacteria around.  He also told me to take a look under the hand dryer next time I was in a restroom. There is a filter underneath the hand dryer that is supposed to be cleaned on a weekly basis.

I looked at one and it looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years.  It had layers and layers of caked on gunk (disgusting).  Since then I will not use hand dryers in restrooms.  Now this is where the story gets really interesting.  The schools and universities that have had the H1N1 (swine flue) outbreak this year are being told by the health department that they have to take out all of their hand dryers and replace them with towel dispensers because the hand dryers are spreading disease.

roadwarrior

wow.

EEEWWWWWW

I always hated those things.  They always left my hands chapped and dried out.

I'd wash my hands and leave them wet rather than use a air blower.  I prefer paper towels.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

C~M

roadwarrior

Ya know.....what the hell is supposed to kill us all next?

Few years ago..in recent memory....

First it was west nilevirus that was going to kill us all.

Then it was the bird flu that was going to kill us all.

Then it was SARS that was going to kill us all.

Now it's the swine flu that is going to kill us all.

WTF is next?

C~M

roadwarrior

Quote from: CrazyMan on November 08, 2009, 01:03:06 AM
the Pogo Withdrawl Flu.

hysterical.gif

gawd thats how I feel right now.  I play trival prusit  (UK and US side) for hubby, my account and my step brothers account every Saturday night/going into Sunday over night and this is putting me behind

les

I got vaccinated 2 weeks ago. My guess if this dont kill us all we will all die in 2012  giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

We could all move to the North Pole where, according to Pogo (Trivial Pursuit) the common cold virus cannot survive in those conditions!

CindyLouWho

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 08, 2009, 09:05:33 AM
We could all move to the North Pole where, according to Pogo (Trivial Pursuit) the common cold virus cannot survive in those conditions!
Yea then we could all sit around in our igloos & watch our autos play in pogoland   giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: CindyLouWho on November 08, 2009, 02:54:25 PM
Yea then we could all sit around in our igloos & watch our autos play in pogoland   giggle2.gif

tumbsup.gif    hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

redhotbabydoll

Thanks for the update on the hand dryers..I didn't know that information and my children are forbidden by the school to use paper towels or leave with their hands wet so now this gives me some good points to send to them so maybe they will listen this time. Thanks again for the info.  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview