PlayBuddy
September 19, 2024, 03:31:12 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Dishwasher Needed

Started by alyaks,

Previous topic - Next topic

alyaks

Prologue: Contractor comes to my house last weekend. Disconnects some of the kitchen plugs to re-route and fix. Isn't coming back until this coming weekend.

Today:  Mighty man of the house informs me that tomorrow night we will probably have to eat out somewhere. When I asked why, he said the dishwasher wasn't working and we would be out of dishes.

NO! I'm not kidding!!! How technologically advanced are we that we don't even think of the simple things in life...ya know....like washing dishes by hand?  hysterical.gif

harley89

I have never had a dishwaasher always done them by hand

Stinkerbell

Quote from: harley89 on November 09, 2009, 05:20:42 PM
I have never had a dishwaasher always done them by hand

When I was a kid, I had to do dishes by hand all the time, not just at my own house but I also had to walk nextdoor to my grandmothers house and wash hers, too. One night I complained and asked when she was going to get an automatic dishwasher and her reply was "I have one--YOU"

Squid

That comment deserved sneezers before putting the dishes away!

roadwarrior

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 09, 2009, 05:52:11 PM
When I was a kid, I had to do dishes by hand all the time, not just at my own house but I also had to walk nextdoor to my grandmothers house and wash hers, too. One night I complained and asked when she was going to get an automatic dishwasher and her reply was "I have one--YOU"

that's what pretty much happened to me.  I had to wash all the dishes by hand.  At my grandma's house when we went over to dinner I got stuck doing all the dishes by hand.  Same comments made to me.  When I did our dishes at home, my step father, an alki-would stare at me.  A cold, drawn out stare that would leave chills down my back and make me nervous.  Then he'd come and inspect them and make me rewash ALL of the dishes if one wasn't up to his expectations.

To this day because of that, I REFUSE to do dishes by hand.  If our dishwasher is broken, I'll buy new dishes, pots and pans rather than wash them by hand.  I won't even wash the one lone pot in the sink.

I will not do them at all by hand.  Not even my coffee mug at work.  I'll bring it home each night-dirty- and wash it in the dishwasher and take it back the next day rather than wash it out at work.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

jarjar

jarjar

harley89

RW sorry about that but i wont comment Homer would have to   slap1.gif me alot.  I love washing by hand it is the one time you are sure you will have alone time

alyaks

That's too funny Harley. I never thought about having alone time doing dishes. Not sure it's worth it lol. I'm sorry RW. I didn't have that kind of upbringing, so it's hard to imagine what you went through. I have to admit though, I will spend 20 minutes re-arranging the dishwasher to get that last pan in that would have taken me 2 minutes to wash. giggle2.gif

roadwarrior

I love my dishwasher anyway.  If we were to do dishes by hand at my place you'd be doing them 3-4 hours a day.  We cook a lot...and I mean a TON at home.  We have me, hubby, 2 teenagers (one I swear can eat a horse and still be starving.)

We do one load of dishes after breakfast, one load after lunch sometimes another load before dinner and then another full load after dinner.

I swear to gawd that dishes at our place breed like tribbles (or rabbits if you don't get the star trek joke  hysterical.gif)

We go through 2 48 ounce bottles of dishwasher liquid a week and thats using as little as possible to still get the dishes clean.

Hubby and I will reuse our mugs and glasses more than once.  Kids...well....ya think they'd die before they reuse a glass they and only they drank from an hour earlier.

Squid

I use my dishwasher about once every 2-3 months.  I find it easier to wash them as I go and, besides, I usually need something in the dishwasher before the dishwasher was used. 

roadwarrior

Quote from: Squid on November 10, 2009, 03:34:56 AM
I use my dishwasher about once every 2-3 months.  I find it easier to wash them as I go and, besides, I usually need something in the dishwasher before the dishwasher was used. 

Are you single?  anyone live with you?

Even if I was single I'd still use my dishwasher once or twice a day.

Our landlord has gotten us 2 dishwashers since we've lived here.  First time it broke from overuse  (at that point the one we had was 18 years old. )  Second one was a lemon and kept breaking down once a week.  Now we've had our third one for almost 6 months now...

Man don't know how you people can use a dishwasher so little

gator8_24

Those of you who do the dishes by hand do have a dishwasher as my mom called it, made by "Armstrong"

Stinkerbell

Quote from: roadwarrior on November 09, 2009, 06:26:04 PM
that's what pretty much happened to me.  I had to wash all the dishes by hand.  At my grandma's house when we went over to dinner I got stuck doing all the dishes by hand.  Same comments made to me.  When I did our dishes at home, my step father, an alki-would stare at me.  A cold, drawn out stare that would leave chills down my back and make me nervous.  Then he'd come and inspect them and make me rewash ALL of the dishes if one wasn't up to his expectations.

To this day because of that, I REFUSE to do dishes by hand.  If our dishwasher is broken, I'll buy new dishes, pots and pans rather than wash them by hand.  I won't even wash the one lone pot in the sink.

I will not do them at all by hand.  Not even my coffee mug at work.  I'll bring it home each night-dirty- and wash it in the dishwasher and take it back the next day rather than wash it out at work.

See, I lived in one house, my grandmother lived next door in another and my great grandmother lived across the street in yet another. I had to do all their dishes, and the great grandmother would get so mad if I didn't sit the flatware on the bottom of the sink first, to soak, then wash the plates and glasses next. I wanted to do g;lasses first so they didn't have streaks, then flatware THEN plates.  Geeez, I got the same thing... "You didn't do it right, do it again."

Yet one more form of abuse I grew up with.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview