This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Game Awarded Badges ????

Started by teresa_aaron,

Previous topic - Next topic

teresa_aaron

I was wondering if anyone knows if and when they may more game awarded badges for some of the games that are already out such as word whomp, word whomp whackdown, pop fu, steller sweeper, wonderand memories, I have so many done and I know they are working on making new games and all but some more badges on the others would be nice. Really just wondering if there is anywhere you can get the low down on this kind of thing or if someone here knows if they are working on some in something that is already out. Thanks a bunch. Teresa

Joe C

Last game extended was Tri-Peaks on 1/20/2009. Pogo really messed that one up, as its game did not keep track of the games people won after they got to rank 30. Personally, I think this is because Pogo's database for Tri-Peaks did not track it.

Anyways, not many games have been extended, most disappointingly, Spooky Slots, which was supposed to go to Rank 20 in 2008 and to rank 30 in 2009. I am not sure if Pogo wants to invest resources extending any more games, especially after the Tri-Peaks debacle flooded their inboxes.

Keno Pop was the game most recently dicussed by Pogo as a possible extended game, but Pogo used the evil "Soon" word, which means whenever the hell they feel like it. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Joe C

I read on another site that {Monopoly - Here and Now} will be extending to rank 100, with 5 more badges at ranks 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100.

Rank 100 supposedly requires Passing Go 7613 times. Since both screen names have passed Go 10,000 times in pursuit of the Triple 6 badge, I should in theory be able to play ONE game and re-rank out instantly.

Let's see how Pogo plays this. hysterical.gif

Sue

Have a question for you Joe....

I have one account that was just a five day pass.

If I play any games and make "un-official" rank ....

do I get my badges if I become a paying member with that account?

Do they give you all the badges with that day on them or the date you were playing

and would have won them had you been a member?

Joe C

Quote from: LazySue on November 11, 2009, 05:31:47 PM
Have a question for you Joe....

I have one account that was just a five day pass.

If I play any games and make "un-official" rank ....

do I get my badges if I become a paying member with that account?

Do they give you all the badges with that day on them or the date you were playing

and would have won them had you been a member?
I have no idea, as I have been a member before Club Pogo launched. beer11.gif

jarjar

Lazy I had a free account and won badges. I gave the free account to my sis and got her membership on it. All the badges that were won were carried over and showed in her books with the exact dates they were won. You should be good to go tumbsup.gif

Sue

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on November 11, 2009, 05:36:31 PM
I have no idea, as I have been a member before Club Pogo launched. beer11.gif

Hey, Jose! Yo tambien!

Joe C

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 11, 2009, 07:16:16 PM
Hey, Jose! Yo tambien!
I need a translation, please. Or, if you prefer, J'ai besoin de traduction, s'il vous plait. tumbsup.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Joe C on November 11, 2009, 07:19:22 PM
I need a translation, please. Or, if you prefer, J'ai besoin de traduction, s'il vous plait. tumbsup.gif

Translation:

Hey, Joe! Me, too!

Joe C

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on November 11, 2009, 01:40:58 PM
I read on another site that {Monopoly - Here and Now} will be extending to rank 100, with 5 more badges at ranks 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100.

Rank 100 supposedly requires Passing Go 7613 times. Since both screen names have passed Go 10,000 times in pursuit of the Triple 6 badge, I should in theory be able to play ONE game and re-rank out instantly.

Let's see how Pogo plays this. hysterical.gif

Unless it winds up being like some of the other games in which game playing between rank extensions has no bearing on you advancing rank.

Joe C

Quote from: Squid on November 12, 2009, 04:02:22 AM
Unless it winds up being like some of the other games in which game playing between rank extensions has no bearing on you advancing rank.
That was exactly my point, Squid. I was none too happy when I did not get credit for all the games of Tri-Peaks I had played after ranking out the first time. tumbsup.gif

However, since Monopoly is a newer game, and ranks are based on something that actually shows up in your stats, we can hope. If not, time to dust off the cheat client and double-browse away to victory!

Hocky

I still need that triple 6 badge....at least I can work on ranking that game out in my pursuit!  I left that badge on the end of my list until I rank out all other games first.

Joe C

I have a question about considering a game finished. I did not consider Monopoly finished until I got the {Big Roller} badge requiring the three double-sixes.

I am closing in on finishing Mini Golf Madness. There are multiple "course" badges that have not been offered yet but will be in the future. I am not going to consider Mini Golf Madness "finished" until I get all the course badges. I am treating it like Word Search Daily, Crossword Cove and Trivial Pursuit. giggle2.gif

Hocky

Quote from: Joe C on November 12, 2009, 07:14:59 AM
I have a question about considering a game finished. I did not consider Monopoly finished until I got the {Big Roller} badge requiring the three double-sixes.

I am closing in on finishing Mini Golf Madness. There are multiple "course" badges that have not been offered yet but will be in the future. I am not going to consider Mini Golf Madness "finished" until I get all the course badges. I am treating it like Word Search Daily, Crossword Cove and Trivial Pursuit. giggle2.gif

Cuz' getting the big roller badge does not count towards the actual "ranking" of a game. I consider a game ranked out when there are no higher ranks (according to pogo at the time) to get.   The special "in game" award badges are usually obtained during the course of ranking up and out of a game.  I hate it when pogo leaves it to chance on whether or not you get a badge. 

Joe C

Quote from: hocky on November 12, 2009, 08:05:35 AM
Cuz' getting the big roller badge does not count towards the actual "ranking" of a game. I consider a game ranked out when there are no higher ranks (according to pogo at the time) to get.   The special "in game" award badges are usually obtained during the course of ranking up and out of a game.  I hate it when pogo leaves it to chance on whether or not you get a badge. 
I have always considered RANKING OUT to be different than FINISHING. Besides, what always annoys me most is when Pogo puts a badge in your album THAT YOU CANNOT WIN today. Word Search Daily, Trivial Pursuit, Crossword Cove, Mini Golf Madness. swear2.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview