PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 06:52:19 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Fastest/Slowest Game to Rank out in.

Started by Sue,

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C

Quote from: edfshr on July 17, 2010, 06:25:11 AM
Ahh, but will Word Search Daily end? Or will Pogo add ranks? Stay tuned to find out.
Unless Pogo figures out a way to charge gems for new ranks, or decides to add Washington, Puerto Rico, Guam, etc., then we can safely assume that upon achieving rank 50-Alaska, then game will be finished.

Also, the extension of games should not be considered until it actually happens. Otherwise, people would be able to rank out in Greenback Bayou, since Pogo toyed with that idea five years ago.

How does one treat extended games? I think this has been argued on the forum many times. Personally, I feel that if one finishes as game before it is extended, then that person can consider the game finished even as they work on the extended part. When they finish the extended part, they do not get credit for an extra game finished.

Unfortunately, Pogo has slowed down the extension of games and instituted a new policy of not giving credit for work done in the interim period between completing the original requirements and the extension of the game. Many of us ranked out immediately or were granted significant progress in games like Canasta, Wonderland Memories, Lottso and QWERTY. This stopped with the extension of Tri-Peaks, due to Pogo's inability to give credit for the rank progress. When Pogo extended Monopoly, they were bombarded with complaints about the resetting of stats so that people (like me) would not instantly rank out by playing one game. Pogo reset the number of times a player passed go if it exceeded rank 50.

I fear that the violently negative reaction to this stat resetting may have severely reduced Pogo's incentive to add ranks to existing games. A simple database solution does exist, but Pogo does not make money by adding simple code and a simple data point (a separate rank point column, outside of the existing rank requirements like spins, cards, etc.)

Simple answer is that until a game is extended, we cannot count that as part of the requirements to finish the game. beer11.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview