This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Get it up

Started by simplyaok,

Previous topic - Next topic

simplyaok

I just don't get it...  I have been here for a long time. and I enjoy the site.  but when you look at the "guests" versus the members and the same ole' like 9 or less it gets boring...... and there is such a clique thingy going on. This site could be so much better............

Just an opinion..  grin

C~M

They made this forum so you can view it as a guest and when you felt comfortable you could join in and be a part of our family.  Just because I like to sign in and post everyday in NO way makes ME a clique member.  And how do you know some 'guests' may be members but haven't signed in.  They could also be buyers of the autos.

Mayhem

We can do only so much to make people feel comfortable enough to sign up and post.

However with that said, we have received some complaints recently - small changes are in the works to clean up that up.

I'd also like to add that I've been spending on/off the last 3 weeks working on our next big upgrade to this site. To be honest, I'm a little nervous on what you guys will think of it but I believe the change is necessary to keep things fresh.

Sometime after Feb 4 we'll let you guys have a sneak peak - and would love to get some input on it! tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

C~M

Quote from: Mayhem on January 31, 2010, 08:08:29 PM
We can do only so much to make people feel comfortable enough to sign up and post.

However with that said, Sometime after Feb 4  I am gonna break the forum again. tumbsup.gif

no-no.gif Say it ain't so Mayhem!!  no-no.gif

Mayhem

simplyaok

Thanks Mayhem for the honest reply..  I have to admit you are the most legit guy here on this site!!!  I love ya.. for all you do.

I just really dislike all this clique stuff and how they jump all over newbies.  Granted, I don't like the beggers but it could be handled better from here. 

harley89

I keep my time here as anon as possible and that is a personal choice.  i post when a subject strikes me.  And I dont mess with the games.   We the majority are real nice to newcomers and anybody that needs help.  Just dont make the mistake of trashing our cheating ways.  I happen to love Pogo and play by hand as much as I use the autos

AND MAYHEM  I got faith in you dude.  YOU WILL NOT BREAK THE FORUM

Mayhem

Quote from: simplyaok on January 31, 2010, 09:17:15 PM
Thanks Mayhem for the honest reply..  I have to admit you are the most legit guy here on this site!!!  I love ya.. for all you do.

I just really dislike all this clique stuff and how they jump all over newbies.  Granted, I don't like the beggers but it could be handled better from here. 

Yeah, I'm doing what I can to get everything sorted out. I've just been busy the last few weeks getting this latest update done so I haven't been keeping up on the forum.

However, I can see where the regulars are coming from. I don't necessarily agree how it's being handled, but I can understand their frustration.

Mayhem

Quote from: harley89 on January 31, 2010, 09:37:46 PM
I keep my time here as anon as possible and that is a personal choice.  i post when a subject strikes me.  And I dont mess with the games.   We the majority are real nice to newcomers and anybody that needs help.  Just dont make the mistake of trashing our cheating ways.  I happen to love Pogo and play by hand as much as I use the autos

AND MAYHEM  I got faith in you dude.  YOU WILL NOT BREAK THE FORUM

embrace.gif

simplyaok

As I said..  You are the Best!!  You keep so may informed regarding just about everything!!!

and stay away from the riff raff.  ^5's kiddo

who me?

Quote from: Mayhem on January 31, 2010, 08:59:54 PM
Trust me, I know what I'm doing ...  undecided.gif

Oh boy we're in trouble  panic button.gif
I may tease you alot Mayhem but I have the ahem... deepest faith in your abilities...    embrace.gif

Julie

Quote from: simplyaok on January 31, 2010, 07:44:10 PM
I just don't get it...  I have been here for a long time. and I enjoy the site.

In what capacity?  As a lurker or under a another account?  You only signed up in 2009, I wouldn't call that a long time.

but when you look at the "guests" versus the members and the same ole' like 9 or less it gets boring......

Yes there's a lot of guests visiting the forum compared to members logged in and that's because unlike most Pogo forums on the net this one is not hidden from public view.  People have the luxury of browsing around the whole forum without having to sign up to do so.  There would be various reasons as to why some of these people don't sign up.  Some people may not be joiners and have no interest in participating but at the same time like the idea of browsing around without having to sign up to do so, some might be paranoid about joining a Pogo Cheat site despite the fact that not everyone here cheats at Pogo and we welcome all whether they cheat or not, although joining a Pogo forum with the name cheat in the title then bashing us for cheating is not smart.  Some might lurk knowing this forum is usually first with all the good info like Pogo glitches and free pogo passes. Yes and some people might be put off by some of the rudeness here, there has always been rude people in this forum and there always will be and you will find that in all forums be it Pogo forums or elsewhere.  That's up to Admin to sort out.  Some of the people lurking may be members, I personally if I have time might have a quick peek while I'm at work without signing in.  So what if the same 9 or so people are on the forum everyday, I think Admin would prefer that to no one signing in at all.

and there is such a clique thingy going on. This site could be so much better............
Just an opinion..  grin

Clique?  You seem obsessed with this, you've mentioned it twice in this thread alone not to mention various times in your previous posts.  Despite your name you seem to have an inferiority complex.  If this site could be so much better then please share any ideas you have either with us or Admin as to how this forum could be improved.

Quote from: simplyaok on January 31, 2010, 09:17:15 PM
I just really dislike all this clique stuff and how they jump all over newbies.  Granted, I don't like the beggars but it could be handled better from here. 

I believe after reading some of the free Pogo pass type threads believe there has been restraint shown by most members regarding the beggars.  Most of these newbies do not read the whole thread after signing up, they seem to come to the forum, lurk about see "free Pogo pass" sign up and post their request for free Pogo.  If they actually took the time to read these threads in their entirety first they would see that Admin or somebody else has already stated on numerous occasions that there is no more passes, the Subway contest finished months ago etc.....The problem is they are not reading the whole thread before posting!  Some of these requests for free Pogo have even turned up in locations on the forum not related to Pogo e.g. the game section, one such request you answered oh so nicely.  One wonders whether these people are legit or just signing up for a giggle to cause trouble.  I'm sorry but I feel you're not really qualified to criticise other people's behaviour considering a large slice of your posts have been rude and antagonistic towards other members of this forum.

harley89

I dont buy into the clique thing. Lots of regulars here do have jobs. And Julie like myself and others have several years on this forum.  It is a great forum has it problems from time to time but overall runs like clock work.  I dont really like all the games but hey maybe thats just me.  I liked the old days when you had to join in and let people get to know you. Now you can have a 5000 post in a week. But Homer and Mayhem do a great job and I feel for them the times that they have had to be down and dirty with people but those that got it rough end asked for it. Both of those guys take the protection of their members very seriously. You can have fun here even if you dont cheat and dont understand our addiction to badges.  SO Homer and Mayhem  your great   beer11.gif

who me?

Quote from: harley89 on February 01, 2010, 08:14:15 AM
I don't buy into the clique thing. Lots of regulars here do have jobs. And Julie like myself and others have several years on this forum.  It is a great forum has it problems from time to time but overall runs like clock work.  I don't really like all the games but hey maybe that's just me.  I liked the old days when you had to join in and let people get to know you. Now you can have a 5000 post in a week.
I hear ya there Harley,
I've been here since 2005 and only have 800 and some odd post. Don't see the sense in running your post count up. But I do have over 23 days logged onto the forum. (Geez I need a life)   lol
I'm here every day reading, I just don't do alot of posting. If something really touches me I'll give my opinion, if the opportunity comes along to pick on Mayhem or Homer sure I'm going to take it...I mean who wouldn't?  giggle2.gif
Alot of people have come and gone over the years, some were very funny and made the forum come to life, it was like checking into your favorite soap opera after work.
I've noticed recently some of the regulars here have disappeared and I just hope something else has taken their time but all in all they are o.k.
I wouldn't call what we have here so much a clique thing more sorta like a family of misfits in our own way thing.
When something happens to someone here we listen, we console, we offer advice, we pick on each other, we defend each other, we pick each other up at times and help brush off their knees, sometimes we knock 'em down just to laugh at them...but we are ALWAYS here!  You just know if you need a pick me up you can come here and get it, and if you need a good chewing out you can come here and get that too!
We may be like snarling dogs when we are defending, but we are real quick to forgive and accept anyone who comes to this forum. I've been on both sides I understand the people here ( Well for the most part)
Shoot I've rambled on so much I've forgotten what my point was...lol   Hence why I don't post much! I start rambling... I hope anyone and everyone can understand where I'm coming from.
If you want to join a clique not so much, but a family of misfits..... Well the more the merrier  beer11.gif

gator8_24

Quote from: Julie on February 01, 2010, 03:42:46 AM
In what capacity?  As a lurker or under a another account?  You only signed up in 2009, I wouldn't call that a long time.

Yes there's a lot of guests visiting the forum compared to members logged in and that's because unlike most Pogo forums on the net this one is not hidden from public view.  People have the luxury of browsing around the whole forum without having to sign up to do so.  There would be various reasons as to why some of these people don't sign up.  Some people may not be joiners and have no interest in participating but at the same time like the idea of browsing around without having to sign up to do so, some might be paranoid about joining a Pogo Cheat site despite the fact that not everyone here cheats at Pogo and we welcome all whether they cheat or not, although joining a Pogo forum with the name cheat in the title then bashing us for cheating is not smart.  Some might lurk knowing this forum is usually first with all the good info like Pogo glitches and free pogo passes. Yes and some people might be put off by some of the rudeness here, there has always been rude people in this forum and there always will be and you will find that in all forums be it Pogo forums or elsewhere.  That's up to Admin to sort out.  Some of the people lurking may be members, I personally if I have time might have a quick peek while I'm at work without signing in.  So what if the same 9 or so people are on the forum everyday, I think Admin would prefer that to no one signing in at all.

Clique?  You seem obsessed with this, you've mentioned it twice in this thread alone not to mention various times in your previous posts.  Despite your name you seem to have an inferiority complex.  If this site could be so much better then please share any ideas you have either with us or Admin as to how this forum could be improved.

I believe after reading some of the free Pogo pass type threads believe there has been restraint shown by most members regarding the beggars.  Most of these newbies do not read the whole thread after signing up, they seem to come to the forum, lurk about see "free Pogo pass" sign up and post their request for free Pogo.  If they actually took the time to read these threads in their entirety first they would see that Admin or somebody else has already stated on numerous occasions that there is no more passes, the Subway contest finished months ago etc.....The problem is they are not reading the whole thread before posting!  Some of these requests for free Pogo have even turned up in locations on the forum not related to Pogo e.g. the game section, one such request you answered oh so nicely.  One wonders whether these people are legit or just signing up for a giggle to cause trouble.  I'm sorry but I feel you're not really qualified to criticise other people's behaviour considering a large slice of your posts have been rude and antagonistic towards other members of this forum.

This type of response is IMO the kind that turn ppl off of this site. It is on the verge of rude. IMO  I don't post nearly as much as I used to, and if I'm not interested in a thread I don't read it or feel the need to comment just to stir things up ( or to get a post count up). I rarely voice my opinion (can't say I haven't)  There prob'ly needs to be more policing of the site, to remove offensive posts and to move posts in the appropriate thread. But there are only 2 admins(as far as I know) and no 'moderators' (as far as I know.) Homer and Mayhem can only do so much. They have my full support.

Homer

Quote from: gator8_24 on February 01, 2010, 03:44:52 PM
This type of response is IMO the kind that turn ppl off of this site. It is on the verge of rude. IMO  I don't post nearly as much as I used to, and if I'm not interested in a thread I don't read it or feel the need to comment just to stir things up ( or to get a post count up). I rarely voice my opinion (can't say I haven't)  There prob'ly needs to be more policing of the site, to remove offensive posts and to move posts in the appropriate thread. But there are only 2 admins(as far as I know) and no 'moderators' (as far as I know.) Homer and Mayhem can only do so much. They have my full support.

you would be surprised how much stuff we do remove but sometimes things are missed or we don't get to them

there is a report to moderator feature in the forum if you think something requires admin attention

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

snowflower

blowkisses.gif blink.gif
Wow, I hear ya'll. I was a newbie once, everyone welcomed me and treated me just great. I really can't recall having any problems with this forum. Everyone treats me like family and visa versa and each member always tries to help the other. We tease each other in good style but that's all in jest and just adds to the fun side of this forum. What would the forum be without it? But generally I'm just passing through on good days and trying to keep up with the forum news. Due to a few little health issues I'm not here every day but even when I am here I don't always post. If someone has a problem and I can help, or if I need help I'll post then. This is the place to come for most every gaming/puter problem you could ever have. (We've even been known to listen to a broken heart by times). There's really good peeps in here and I couldn't possibly say enough good stuff about the admin. They really are good at what they do and always have our best interest in mind. If you can't depend on anything else, you CAN depend on them.

low blow.gif

There's peeps that have heard good things about our forum and stop in to check us out, some stay, some don't. Depends mostly on what they're looking when they came in. All are welcome. Truthfully, the only newbies given "a hard time" in here are the ones that come in here decidedly looking for trouble with a huge chip on their shoulder. Just simply to be rude, criticize or jump all over our peeps and admin. And some don't take their boots off to bluntly ask for free passes or GEMS and then leave even faster than they came in, never to be seen nor heard of again. You know the kind I mean??

embrace.gif

So before you jump all over our forum of admin, peeps, friendship or "clique" if that's your word of choice, think twice. I guess it really all comes down to how you present yourself - that's exactly how we'll treat you. So do a bit of soul searching, take a second look and join in.....I think you'll like our forum. And our style of milk and cookies here on the dark side. Welcome all!

And yes Mayhem....looking forward to the new update. Well done!! (We know you won't break the forum). lol

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on February 01, 2010, 03:56:00 PM
you would be surprised how much stuff we do remove but sometimes things are missed or we don't get to them

there is a report to moderator feature in the forum if you think something requires admin attention

Now we know why Homer and Mayhem are 5 star generals  giggle2.gif  I was a mod on another site and it is hard to keep up with things at times. Pll also got upset if their post was missing, just can''t win sometimes.  So I really do appreciate all the you and Mayhem do around this joint I mean site lol   blowkisses.gif blowkisses.gif

Stinkerbell

A clique (pronounced /ˈkliːk/, in American English also /ˈklɪk/) is an exclusive group of people who <b>share interests, views, purposes,</b> patterns of behavior, or ethnicity.[1] A clique as a reference group can be either normative or comparative. Membership in a clique is often, but not necessarily, exclusive, and qualifications for membership may be social or essential to the nature of the clique. The term 'clique' may be used pejoratively.

So, it would seem that 'clique' is just another word for 'forum' of which we already know we are members of. Its like... a forque!

Anyway, I love this forque. It's the best one on the web!!

harley89

I loved the person that said we are a disfunctional family yep we are

Stinker   no-no.gif  you smart You got one of them books that tells you what words mean  Love it LOL   embrace.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview