Joe C

Quote from: commongodfather on January 30, 2010, 12:47:07 PM
Hi,

My name is Ed and herd about this site from other pogo members
i wanted to ask everybody when playing Monopoly does it freeze on them
and if so what can i do to stop it from doing that

Thanks
Ed
I play only on two-player tables, where I do not allow Pogo Bots to join. I play one screen name against the other one and it runs all night. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

S1lent

Welcome Ed,
It never freezes on me. I run mine 24/7.  You might read the tips on how to get the best performance.  I.E.  Clear your JAVA...etc.

S1lent

Squid

While we're talking about Monopoly...

I am working on the new 50 ranks and thought that I would tackle the Monopoly Premium Badge Album at the same time.  There are several badges that require the player to be in the Pogo House Rules, the Speedy or the Family Rules tab when choosing a room.  Those rooms do not let you alter the options for the game (you can password protect the room).  

For example, one of the badges is:
Aerial Advance Badge
MONOPOLY Here & Now: The World Edition

Draw 10 Community Chest or Chance cards(Play in Official Rules Room!) in 1 hour! (Finish the game to check your progress!)
Win this badge plus 1500 tokens!

I put myself into the room and two hours later was still playing the first game, a game with only two players.  My primary persona had over 90 million Monopoly Dollars and the opponent had about 45 million.  The game wouldn't end!  I couldn't change the option to have the game end at a certain time or after a certain amount of rolls.  An hour had passed and my chance at winning the badge was over.  

So... I tried to have persona #2 relinquish the win to persona #1.

Pogo wouldn't let me, saying that no player was sufficiently ahead of the other to justify nominating a winner.

Then, I just tried to take out persona #2 from the game and a bot filled the seat, continuing the game!  Please note that the option for bots filling the seats was unchecked from the options.

QUESTION:   How do I get these badges without actually having to play the game (which I dislike... intensely)?  Thanks very much.  xoxoxox

I thought JoeC would, at least, chime in with some talk of spreadsheets and the magical pathway to badgedom!  I got the badge, doing it by.....
** GASP! **
..... hand!

Homer

Sounds like Squid has multiple personalities.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Quote from: Homer on January 30, 2010, 06:06:47 PM
Sounds like Squid has multiple personalities.
Lord love the Subway/Scrabble prizes.  I've got four personas that are club members!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Squid on January 30, 2010, 06:08:07 PM
Lord love the Subway/Scrabble prizes.  I've got four personas that are club members!

Not to mention the non-Pogo personas. Her neighbors never know from one day to the next who they are living next door to.

pete379

ranked out in this game last nite, and maybe hunk up once or twice the whole time. good luck. think i got the jailbird badge 25 times, but not the triple 6's. thats all right, got it on the first 50 ranks. good luck everyone. hi11.gif  beer11.gif tease.gif cheesy.gif

Joe C

And this thread has reached "Beavis and Butt-head" status. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Magzy

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview