PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:39:57 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Someone Tell Me What Just Happened Here???

Started by gigi,

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi

I got a message in Pogo from someone I never heard of - I told here I never heard of her and never chatted with her screen name, but this is what she wrote to me
do you know who you were talking to on this name ??? cause it wasnt me

someone has hacked into my account and charged my account 50.00 in premium badge albums

How does something like this happen.... I told her if the albums went to someone other than her account it would be pretty easy to track.  This is just too weird.  I have NEVER had anyone send me a message that I didn't know....................... stumped in Pogo Land
:OO

Homer

I used to get messages from people I didn't know all the time. Usually silly petitions and stuff. Now I have my account set to only receive messages from people on my friends list.

This is a perfect example of why you should never give your username and password to anyone. I wonder if it really was a case of hacking or the person gave someone their password and they went bananas with their credit card. O+O

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gigi

There is another bulletin board that does Pogo stuff../// like giving you links to free tokens.... pretty much the same links I have found here.... but I think this site is just getting off it's feet cause there aren't too many members.  For Christmas the Webmaster was giving away Badge Albums and to just Message with your screen name after you posted what Album you wanted.  I did that... A lot of ppl did that.  One of the things I was asked was to "deselect" the option you just mentioned.  I got lots of emails saying they were still trying and I never got the album, but there were lots of posts with lots of thank yous, so I guess ppl got them.  Anyway, that's the only "new" thing I've done in weeks.  I won't give the web site cause I think you have a rule for that, but if you want to message me for it that's okay.
O, and I just heard from her again saying EA refunded her Pogo account $, but I don't think the $ that was taken from her account.  If it's only $50 I could live with that as punishment for being so stupid, but if it keeps getting used......... yikes............ I'm still trying to get all my account info off EA but it just pops back

Homer

I can't vouch for what happens on another website but to give someone a pogo gift you only need their pogo sn. They do not need your password and if they ask for it do not give it to them. There is no reason why they would need it.

Any charges can always be disputed with your credit card company. At the risk of sounding preachy you should never give anyone your password. If you find you simply must give out the information please realize the risk you are taking in doing so.

gigi

O, I did not give my password.  At least I know not to ever do that.  I didn't think giving my screen name to a webmaster on PM was any big deal since any one at pogo can see my screen name anyway.  I never got the gift lol
Thanks

Homer

Quote from: gigi on December 24, 2006, 09:13:47 PM
O, I did not give my password.  At least I know not to ever do that.  I didn't think giving my screen name to a webmaster on PM was any big deal since any one at pogo can see my screen name anyway.  I never got the gift lol
Thanks

The screen name by itself is fine as you mention anyone in pogo can see it anyways.

Some people have a habit of making their password the name of their pet or something like that making it easier for someone to guess their password.

I suggest an alphanumeric password which is a combination of both letters and numbers.

tokiehog

well now the first day i went in hog slots i see a bunch of peeps in there that came up red and say my friends are there...well i never ever saw them peeps before,so i left the room and went back in and the same thing...i looked on my friends page and there was the names on my friends list...i removed them and the next day i had 3 more names on my list that i not see before...no one has my password only me...so i removed my account info and changed my password again ...i have no new friends in the last 2 days...i like to know how peeps got added to my friends list..must have been a ghost...lol

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview