PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:47:05 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Texas Hold 'Em cheat question...

Started by bololly32,

Previous topic - Next topic

bololly32

I see where there are a couple of "Texas Hold'em" poker cheats, and I wonder if someone can tell me exactly how they work?
Are the cheats just mathematical applets that tell you exactly what the best odds are for a given hand, based on cards showing?  Or do they actually jump and PLAY the hand for you, based on the odds?
Any info/explanations greatly appreciated. 

Hope all my fellow pogo'ers are doing well.

Magzy

As I recall, it will get you through the ranks (and that is in a private room, in the free rooms (if you do not want to lose your tokies), but that is all.  If you want to win, play by hand.  Maybe, it is better now, and someone will come through with a better answer...

Joe C

The cheats calculate the odds in hands and plays the hands. It is best to set up private tables, either with pals or if you have two computers, and set it to "Never Fold".

No Limit Texas Hold'em has rank badges, so you want to WIN hands.

Texas Hold'em (the original without the "NO" at the beginning) only has award badges for certain hands, so you never want to fold. Winning is irrelevant, except for non-badge ranks and if you lost too much in a "real" tokens room, you will get booted from the room. This prevents token dumping. Using jokers prevents you from getting credit of the Four Aces and Royal Flush badge, so do not set up your rooms for them. The special hands must be "natural", that is, a Joker cannot be part of it. In theory, you could get four aces AND a joker, but this meant the joker actually reduced your odds.

Omaha Poker only has award badges for certain hands. Winning is irrelevant, except for non-badge ranks. Using jokers prevents you from getting credit for Four Aces, Royal Flush and Rising Star. Rising Star requires that your four hole cards match. If you have jokers activated, that means you have to get four jokers as hole cards. Again, it reduces your odds of getting the special badges, since your deck has 56 cards and not 52 cards. I got great grades in my Statistics class, just like my Probability class.

High Stakes Poker has no rank or special badges. It is best used for token dumping, if this is important to you. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

Quote from: Joe C on January 30, 2010, 08:01:20 AM
No Limit Texas Hold'em has rank badges, so you want to WIN hands.

I ran this game for 2.5 days straight and went up a net 2 ranks.  You can lose rank in this game.  I went up about 5 ranks but then lost 3 ranks.  I don't have a single rank badge in this game yet.  I think I'll save this one for last... it will wind up running for a year or more, I bet.  YUCKO on the poker games.

Hocky

No Limit is one of the fastest games to rank out on if you use a dummy account and play by hand... *gasp*

Use dummy account and double browse...play in a limit table....low roller.....have dummy raise, raise, raise then fold on last bidding round. 

Easy breezy peasy!

Squid

Quote from: Hocky on January 31, 2010, 02:45:02 PM
No Limit is one of the fastest games to rank out on if you use a dummy account and play by hand... *gasp*
Use dummy account and double browse...play in a limit table....low roller.....have dummy raise, raise, raise then fold on last bidding round. 
Easy breezy peasy!
Eeek!  By hand?  How long did it take you (roughly) to rank out by hand?

Hocky

Ummm....let's see....about a day or two at the most.  Depends on how long you wanna sit there in front of the puter and raise/fold.  giggle2.gif

bololly32

I appreciate all the answers.
Actually, I enjoy playing the game by hand...not really into it to "rank out".  (I'm guessing that just means to earn all the badges possible in a game?)
I was just wondering if any of the cheats was actually an odds-calculator that could just give you the odds and percentages on a hand...based on what you had and what was turned up.  I think I take a few chances now and again that are NOT good risks, and it'd be nice to know when playing more conservative is the best percentage move.
Thanks for all the info, everybody!

Squid

Quote from: Hocky on January 31, 2010, 02:59:51 PM
Ummm....let's see....about a day or two at the most.  Depends on how long you wanna sit there in front of the puter and raise/fold.  giggle2.gif
That's it?  One or two days to get from rank 1 to 50?  That's great!  Thanks, Hockers!

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Hocky on January 31, 2010, 02:45:02 PM

Easy breezy peasy!

Is there a setting so that there are not bots in the room, at all?

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Joe C

Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on February 02, 2010, 01:24:05 PM
yes, it's called DB'ing tongue.gif

Yes, yes... put your tongue back in your face, Homer, you might give Squid ideas. What I meant was this..... there are some games that you have to have more at the table than just yourself and a secondary account - the games wants all the seats filled or it won't allow you to start the game. I've since played this some by hand and found out that I can do this db'ing with no bots.

Squid

Quote from: Stinkerbell on February 05, 2010, 12:19:42 AM
put your tongue back in your face, Homer, you might give Squid ideas.

Too late.

Stinky, the inguinal ligament on your siggy is driving me CRAZY!!  LOL

I tried the NO LIMIT Texas HoldEm this morning and it didn't work for me.  I must be Texas challenged or sumptin.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview