PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:41:46 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

New Computer...soon

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Hi,
I'm interested in a new computer.  I have been happy with the HP wide screens.  My concerns are Windows 7...more specifically...will autos work.
I am also considering an Apple as I've been very happy with the iPod Touch.   Will autos work on the Apple machine, Safari? 

thanks
S1lent

Mayhem

The cheats will not work on an Apple machine.

I believe the cheats work just fine on Windows 7 - but I can't confirm this as I'm still stuck with Vista at the moment.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

harley89

Autos work great on Win 7 It is the OS Microsoft should have been making.  The only thing I found that will mess up the autos is do not use shuffle on the wallpapers.  It is a great little item and they have some really nice wallpapers but shuffle messes with the autos. I have also found that win 7 will adjust the system automatically for some autos.  Such as Fortune bingo auto I see a window that says system has been adjusted to windows basic.   I have had no problems with  WIn 7 it takes care of itself just routine maintence.  Win 7 is different fromm all the other Windows system so there is a learning curve. It does not have a mail client, and the screens are different. In personalization you will see all the wallpapers and the screensaver and all are listed at the botton. In other words be prepared to look around a bit to find out where things are. Course if you use the learn about win 7 tour it might save you some time.  I upgraded to win 7 and had no problems so with a new computer you should have no problems

Joe C

Silent

The autos will work using the Apple Browser Safari, but only on a PC. You cannot runs cheat programs at all on a Mac. I use the following browsers on my Dell PC: Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The reason I use different browsers is that different browsers play some games better than others.

The cheat programs do not work (in my experience) with Google Chrome. I use Google Chrome as the Premium/Mix badge chooser. I have two tabs, one for Premium and one for Mix badges, so I can pause the cheat program and activate a badge over and over again. :)

If you decide to use Apple Safari browser on a PC, you should be semi-knowledgable with searching the internet for set-up solutions. I can post the instructions again (I have done it before), but basically you have to use the Developer options to have Safari "act" like it is Internet Explorer to trick Pogo.

Safari and Firefox are a lot more stable than Internet Explorer for most cheat programs. They use less Java resources and run cleaner.

As always, the key to auto-program performance is rebooting your computer before a cheating session, clearing your Java cache and your internet cache/temporary files. You do not have to delete your cookies. I would not clear cookies, since you lose password information. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Maddymad

Quote from: Joe C on February 24, 2010, 07:08:47 AM
Silent

The autos will work using the Apple Browser Safari, but only on a PC. You cannot runs cheat programs at all on a Mac. I use the following browsers on my Dell PC: Apple Safari, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The reason I use different browsers is that different browsers play some games better than others.

The cheat programs do not work (in my experience) with Google Chrome. I use Google Chrome as the Premium/Mix badge chooser. I have two tabs, one for Premium and one for Mix badges, so I can pause the cheat program and activate a badge over and over again. :)

If you decide to use Apple Safari browser on a PC, you should be semi-knowledgable with searching the internet for set-up solutions. I can post the instructions again (I have done it before), but basically you have to use the Developer options to have Safari "act" like it is Internet Explorer to trick Pogo.

Safari and Firefox are a lot more stable than Internet Explorer for most cheat programs. They use less Java resources and run cleaner.

As always, the key to auto-program performance is rebooting your computer before a cheating session, clearing your Java cache and your internet cache/temporary files. You do not have to delete your cookies. I would not clear cookies, since you lose password information. tumbsup.gif

Joe, I would apprecite those instructions!  Thanks  mexican.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Maddymad on February 25, 2010, 06:54:08 AM

Joe, I would apprecite those instructions!  Thanks  mexican.gif
Open Safari – You only have to do the steps below once after you install Safari
1. Click {Edit} on the menu bar
2. Select {Preferences}
3. Select {Advanced} tab
4. Select and check the checkbox {Show Develop menu in menu bar}
5. Close {Preferences} window

Using the {Develop} option on the menu bar to make Safari act like Internet Explorer. This is what allows you to play Pogo with Safari, since Pogo does not technically support Safari. Safari is smart enough to "act like" Internet Explorer when it communicates with Pogo. You have to do this each time you start Safari. It is a small price to pay to have your cheat program run longer and better.
1. Click {Develop} on the menu bar
2. Select (User Agent}
3. Choose a suitable option for Pogo.
  a. Internet Explorer 8 (My usual choice)
  b. Internet Explorer 7
  c. Firefox For Windows

I know it seems like a lot to do, but Safari runs great in Windows and works awesomely with the cheat programs. Several other forum members have tried Safari and once they do the simple steps about, they all rave about it. I have been running Safari for at least two years and EVERY CHEAT PROGRAM works with it. tumbsup.gif

Maddymad

beer11.gif  Thank you Joe, I'll let you know how it works out!   mexican.gif

S1lent

Hello,

Thanks for the comments.  I'll stay with PC, sorry Mac...and I won't have to learn something new.

S1lent

Maddymad

Hi Joe,  The program works great!  There's really nothing to it once you've done the first steps.  It's a piece of cake.  Only one problem that I can't resolve.  Where do I unblock a pop-up?  Can't look at my winning tokies!!   mexican.gif

Joe C

It should be the normal place.

Edit\Preferences\Security. You can allow popups there. Uncheck the "block pop-up windows" button.
Edit\Preferences\General. Check the "open links in a new window" radio button.

Also, I found that Mayhem's wonderful VP Minimizer program takes care of everything necessary. It minimizes badge popups. It closes morons trying to chat with you "to stop your auto". It closes the room down whenever Pogo closes down for maintenance (like early Tuesday morning). tumbsup.gif hi11.gif

Maddymad

So happy, I can see my winning tokies!!   cheesy.gif  Thank you!  One more question which has me confucious, with the VP minimizer which I have downloaded, when does it come into play?  Meaning, when do I make it come into play?  When I first start my cheat program, does it automatically start or do I have to start it??  Soooo confucious on this!   embarrassed.gif
mexican.gif

Joe C

Quote from: Maddymad on March 01, 2010, 10:03:20 PM
So happy, I can see my winning tokies!!   cheesy.gif  Thank you!  One more question which has me confucious, with the VP minimizer which I have downloaded, when does it come into play?  Meaning, when do I make it come into play?  When I first start my cheat program, does it automatically start or do I have to start it??  Soooo confucious on this!   embarrassed.gif
mexican.gif
I load up the VP Minimizer before I start playing any game. I do this every time I reboot the computer. tumbsup.gif

Maddymad

cheesy.gif  Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your help!   mexican.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview