PlayBuddy
September 20, 2024, 04:55:16 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

For Squid

Started by who me?,

Previous topic - Next topic

Squid

Oh, I just thought they were chocolate.  Never mind, i'll pass.  What WON'T they put chocolate on??

Joe C

Quote from: alyaks on March 25, 2010, 09:12:41 PM
seriously, it's actual chocolate covered squid
They just SAID it was chocolate squid. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

alyaks

I really would hope you you're right Joe, but the picture came from an actual recipe. All I can say is ewwwww!!!
Covering squid in chocolate is actually pretty easy and quick.

The Squid

Instructables gourmet chef and experimentor Canida let me use some extra squid she happened to have. You can buy squid at some super markets and at most fish stores. Squid are cheap, so these one of a kind chocolates won't cost a bundle unlike some other "seafood" chocolates out there on the market. If you get them pre-cleaned it will save you some time.

Each chocolate is made from the tentacles of one squid. You can cut the body of the squid up into little rounds to make more. I got two sets of squid tentacles from Canida and one squid body section so I made three squid chocolates in total.

I took my squid bits and threw them into some boiling water for a minute or two. Cook your squid however you like. I didn't want to impart too much flavor onto the squid during the cooking process so I thought boiling them would be a good route. The squid cook really fast, so as soon as you see them turning white and firming up its time to take them out of the water and let them cool.

The Chocolate

I made my chocolate sauce by melting half a chocolate bar spiced with chili together with about a tablespoon of butter. You can use heavy cream here if you like, or just use the chocolate straight, but I find that diluting it with something helps it flow better. Higher chocolate to butter ratios will yield thicker chocolate while lower ones will make the sauce thinner. I chose to use about twice as much chocolate as butter.

Put the chocolate mixture into the microwave and cook it in 15 second bursts, stirring in between, until the butter and the chocolate are melted. Remove the sauce and stir it until everything is mixed together evenly.

who me?

Oh no Squiddly don't read the above post!
Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is bliss.... what you don't know won't hurt you...  donthearyou.gif

Squid

Quote from: who me? on March 29, 2010, 03:29:34 AM
Ignorance is bliss, ignorance is bliss.... what you don't know won't hurt you...  donthearyou.gif

Too late!   girls18.gif 6_6.gif girls18.gif 6_6.gif girls18.gif crying10.gif girls18.gif crying10.gif 6_6.gif crying10.gif 6_6.gif girls18.gif 6_6.gif crying10.gif crying10.gif 6_6.gif girls18.gif

Joe C

Quote from: who me? on March 29, 2010, 03:29:34 AM
hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

who me?

Quote from: Joe C on March 29, 2010, 08:34:14 AM
\

What's the matter Joe? You've never thought ignorance was bliss sometimes?  girl5.gif

Squid

Joe C

Quote from: who me? on March 29, 2010, 02:17:46 PM
\

What's the matter Joe? You've never thought ignorance was bliss sometimes?  girl5.gif
I do not know what you are talking about.

alyaks

C~M

alyaks

C~M

Squiddy, found you an unpublished Pogo App Squid Badge.

Squid

Quote from: Crazy~Man on March 28, 2015, 06:16:27 PM
Squiddy, found you an unpublished Pogo App Squid Badge.

I love it!  I'm going to make it my Avi after Easter.  Thank you!  Girls always love pearls!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview