Pogo Daily Sudoku : Score 60000 points this week! [Download Cheat]
Pogo Addiction Solitaire HD : Win 28 games this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

I need advice and any help you can give me

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

sad.gif Hi,
I'm having a crappy Monday. An this is why.

AT&T has bundled my account and put my DIRECTV account with their package without our permission. 

I called AT&T last Monday to tell them to leave my internet the way it was and but change the long distance only.
The clerk said ok and then I got their sales pitch on asking what cell phone service we had and what TV service we had?

I told them no cell phone but we had DIRECTV and said we were all good. We have had them since 2000.

Well, I got a letter this past Saturday telling me that AT&T took over our DIRECTV account and now I have to go through AT&T for anything and it puts me into a 12 month contract.  shocked.gif

If we cancel before that time then we have to pay for the remaining 12 months!

I told them I never consented to this and to remove that from our account and they told me to call DIRECTV. I called them and even wrote and they told me to call AT&T. I feel like a ping pong ball.  rolleyes.gif  AT&T said they could add me to this bundle but couldn't take me off. I insisted that they take us off this bundle of theirs and they are supposed to call me back to let me know if this is possible. What...if that's possible???  rolleyes.gif

How can they enter me into a contract like this?  help.gif

I wrote to the FCC with a complaint letter on both AT&T and DIRECTV and I still need to write to the Attorney General and do the complaint with them.

I'm really upset over this whole mess. They sent a letter Saturday saying they put us into this bundle and we are now obligated for 12 months and that's what even let me know this happened! How can a company do this?  diablo.gif

I will never let any company automatically get payment from my bank account with seeing this either! There would be no way I would give the cheaters access to my account like that! Especially now that I see what they are pulling in slamming my TV account with another their company.  panic button.gif

I will write and complain and do whatever I have to do in order to get back to where I was before with no contracts and not have DIRECTV through AT&T. Gee, I'm so upset with this crap! I'm shaking cuz it upset me to know that a company can just automatically take over your account and enter you into a contract just because they want to and feel they can!   girls21.gif

And then when I called to complain I was on hold or transfered or just hung up on, they say I was disconnected. It just isn't right at all.

If and when I get this all back to where it was, I do believe I'll change phone companies and internet all together. There has to be better service and treatment out there then what I have been dealing with. We are always on time with our payments and we pay a lot for our phone and internet and TV.  I just don't like being treated like this at all.

Thanks for letting me vent.  crying10.gif

I hope I've been able to be of help now or in the future if anything like this happens to any of you. When you call a company and they give you their sales pitch, tell them nothing and refuse to listen and go on with the business that you called them for. Don't let them victimize you and take over your accounts.

If anyone has any ideas on what else I can do or any advice, please let me know.

I liked it better when all I had to think about was blue dots.

Steves Mom  bad mood.gif

Homer

Since AT&T bundled it they are responsible. Insist on speaking to a manager. There should be a time period where you can cancel.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

mycatownsme

I agree with you Homer.

I'll be sure to update when I hear back from them.

I know what I will do if they enforce this 12 month contract that I did not make or agree to at all.

After those 12 months it will be, Bye bye AT&T and DirecTV.
I will never get them again and that will be the last $$$$
they will get out of me.

I'm going to see if we have any wine around here.
That should make me sleepy and forget this day.  beer11.gif

Thank You for your reply. 

Homer

Quote from: stevelj on April 05, 2010, 04:57:22 PM
I agree with you Homer.

I'll be sure to update when I hear back from them.

I know what I will do if they enforce this 12 month contract that I did not make or agree to at all.

After those 12 months it will be, Bye bye AT&T and DirecTV.
I will never get them again and that will be the last $$$$
they will get out of me.

I'm going to see if we have any wine around here.
That should make me sleepy and forget this day.  beer11.gif

Thank You for your reply. 

You should contact them now. Don't wait for them to contact you or it will be too late

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gran2x2

swear2.gif I had a similar issue..If you wait you will be s.o.l...They put you off until the time frame to cancel it has passed..Send an email to both companies so you have written proof you tried to get it corrected within the cancellation period..Print a copy for your own records..And print and save all replies from them..Also..if you have auto payment set up..cancel it asap..Do not let them take your money until the problem is fixed..  rolleyes.gif This is just a little advice from someone who had a similar issue..

mycatownsme

Well, I called and emailed both companies letting them know I did not opt in for their bundle.
I figured I should get this in an email even if I had called them to say the same thing.
I got an email back from Directv washing their hands of any responsibility for anything becasue AT&T did this.
They did thank us for being long time great customers. This was a matter of logistics. That's what they wrote.
I just read that and shook my head.
I know when all is done and I find out what is going to happen,
both companies will be dropped.
We really like how many races Directv would have on during racing time and off season.
Actually we really haven't had any compaint about them until we got slammed by AT&T to take over our Directv account.
The issue is with AT&T and so now we wait.
The Attorney General Office is the one who has jurisdiction over AT&T. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how long it takes to resolve a complaint.
I got my Directv bill from Directv and paid that today to the regular Directv that we' ve had. It was not with AT&T for that billing.
I figure the bill got sent out before AT&T could get it changed but the next bill may be on my AT&T billing and I don't know how to handle that.
Right now the hardest part is waiting to hear back from AT&T to let us opt out of this bundle. That is what they said they were going to investigate
and let me know.
Thanks for the advice. I do think I've done all I can to protect myself as to proof of not wanting this.
One good thing that is going in my favor so far is that AT&T is regulated by the Attorney Generals Office amd they have the power to get matters settled.
The Directv is not regulated and there is no legislation so they have more ways to get away with bad stuff. I did not know that the satellite companies were free to do as they please with no legislation on the books so far to keep them in line. This will be another thing I'll keep in mind for the future.
I hope you all have a great day. I know I'm going shopping. Gotta get out of the house and keep my mind busy. Or this will really play on my mind.
dog87.gif

mycatownsme

Update...
I filed a complaint with the FCC and got a call from AT&T today letting me know they got the complaint.
AT&T asked what would make me happy and what I wanted to happen?
I said I would like things to go back to the way they were and not be bundled with this contract.
They said it would take them about a month to work on this and I would hear the results
when they replied to the FCC.
I'm glad I wrote to the FCC and if I don't get the desired result, I still have the Attorney General
to write and complain to.
Now back to playing.  tumbsup.gif

shamoo

hi11.gif yes please keep us updated  i didnt know about the companys that arent under guidlines so i will keep that one for future references  tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview