Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

windows 7 headache

Started by les,

Previous topic - Next topic

les

here's the story
this passed weekend my brother inlaw installed windows 7 prof. On my computer. He has a disk for 25 copys of windows 7
everything went great on install and it's been working great problem is when I go to my computer click properties
there's place that say's i have 23 day's to activate  Activate windows now. I click there and it doesnt work
I"M getting error 0X8007232B  DNS name does not exist.  And the day's are counting down it say's if I don't activate windows before the days are up I will lose out on updates and wont be able to use some windows features.
Brother inlaw can't help me till wednesday right now I feel screwed  Microsoft threw a curve at me with this one
           sad.gif

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

les

I've tried that Home
I've even tried phone activation and that didn't help either  sad.gif

Homer

does it accept the key at all?

if it doesn't the key may be wrong

les

it does except the key I'm thinking it has to do with it being a multiple activation key i guess thats what kind of disk he has  sad.gif

Homer

It could be. I don't know how those versions work but if it's something he brought home from work that is intended for use on a specific network it may not recognize your pc. You should ask your brother-in-law what to do.

les

Yea your probley right We were hoping it would have been as easy as when he had installed windows xp several year ago with the same kind of disk. neither of us thought it would be like this This time.. 
one of those gotcha's
white flag.gif

les

He said that shouldn't have anything to do with it Homer so I'm baffled He said he would let me know something next week. I have 23 days to resolve this issue  sad.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: les on June 06, 2010, 03:27:55 PM
here's the story
this passed weekend my brother inlaw installed windows 7 prof. On my computer. He has a disk for 25 copys of windows 7
everything went great on install and it's been working great problem is when I go to my computer click properties
there's place that say's i have 23 day's to activate  Activate windows now. I click there and it doesnt work
I"M getting error 0X8007232B  DNS name does not exist.  And the day's are counting down it say's if I don't activate windows before the days are up I will lose out on updates and wont be able to use some windows features.
Brother inlaw can't help me till wednesday right now I feel screwed  Microsoft threw a curve at me with this one
           sad.gif

Go to Control Panel > System > Windows activation and click "Change Product Key".

Enter the same product key you were given. This time your windows will activate successfully.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

les

I tried that Mayhem and that didn't work all that does is change my produce ID in windows and still no activation. I'm afraid to try that to many time thinking it's using up my brother inlaws copies of windows  sad.gif

Mayhem

No, it will not use up his copies of windows.

According to google, lots of people are having the same issue your having.

They just keep trying to enter in the key from time to time and eventually it works for them.

les

Mayhem

Here we go .. a new solution

Important : replace the code ABCDE-12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE in Step 2 below with your product key!

1. Start > Right Click "Command Prompt" > "Run as Administrator".
2. Enter the following command slmgr –ipk ABCDE-12345-ABCDE-12345-ABCDE
3. Wait for the "successful" prompt.
4. re-run activation.

les

les

Mayhem

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview