PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 03:49:39 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Not Enough Memory Available

Started by S1lent,

Previous topic - Next topic

S1lent

Hi,
I've been getting "Not Enough Memory Available" problems, "your browser does not have enough memory to run the game. "The game requires 3MB."

I've tried the following.  Clearing browser, clearing JAVA, running CCleaner, running Register Mechanic, removing JAVA and reinstalling JAVA.  No Help.  Googling it doesn't provide acceptable results.   

BTW, this happens on three different computers mainly in "TRIVIAL PURSUIT DAILY 20".

Additionally, there is a lot of chat about the same problem.

Thanks
S1lent

Homer

It's just one of those pogo things that happens.

You should turn off all unnecessary programs

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mayhem

You might want to try and go to : Start Menu / Run - then type : msconfig

Click on the 'Startup' tab and you will probably see quite a few listings. You can disable a lot of those. If you are unsure on what to disable, take a screenshot and email it to ken@pogocheats.net and I can try and help you with it.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Joe C

Quote from: s1lent on August 05, 2010, 11:22:08 AM
Hi,
I've been getting "Not Enough Memory Available" problems, "your browser does not have enough memory to run the game. "The game requires 3MB."

I've tried the following.  Clearing browser, clearing JAVA, running CCleaner, running Register Mechanic, removing JAVA and reinstalling JAVA.  No Help.  Googling it doesn't provide acceptable results.  

BTW, this happens on three different computers mainly in "TRIVIAL PURSUIT DAILY 20".

Additionally, there is a lot of chat about the same problem.

Thanks
S1lent
Also, you will see this on games that clog up your Java cache, like Trivial Pursuit and Yathzee.

You need to clean out temporary internet files in Internet Options and Java portions of control panel.

I am sure there is a link to that thread available. You should get in the habit of clearing your various caches and temporary internet files before each cheating session, as well as rebooting your computer once per day. This will increase your performance. tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

Squid

I tidy up my computers all the time and have never gotten those messages.  Both of my puters have only 1 GB of RAM. 

My puters can slow down tremendously if I multi-task too much, bringing up lots of programs, etc.  I am told that doubling the RAM on a puter really does nothing to help the puter along for various compu-techno-geekoid reasons that I don't understand.  I would gladly double my RAM for increased performance but I'm told I would be disappointed.

Any thoughts...?

Sue

I must really be tired.... I thought the title said....

Not Enough Mommy Available

Sue

I have been getting that a lot lately.

Thought it was cause we had to change MODEMS....

cause that was when it started.

We had a nice expensive one that lightning took out.

S1lent

Hi,
Thanks for the tips...and you guys are really fast.

I didn't realize how much stuff was running. 

This will be a fun project...eliminating those unnecessary programs that are running.  BTW...I'll be careful and google any programs I am not  familar with.

I'll shoot mayhem a screen shot if this don't pan out.

YOU ARE ALL THE BEST

S1lent

Homer

Quote from: Squid on August 05, 2010, 02:24:12 PM
I tidy up my computers all the time and have never gotten those messages.  Both of my puters have only 1 GB of RAM.  

My puters can slow down tremendously if I multi-task too much, bringing up lots of programs, etc.  I am told that doubling the RAM on a puter really does nothing to help the puter along for various compu-techno-geekoid reasons that I don't understand.  I would gladly double my RAM for increased performance but I'm told I would be disappointed.

Any thoughts...?

I run 4GB on both my computers. 4GB is definitely better than 1GB. Adding RAM will improve your performance if you are using most of your 1GB. You can check this by doing the 3 finger salute and calling up your task manager and clicking the performance tab. There is a graph in there that tells you how much RAM you are using. For example I am currently using 1.37GB of my available 4GB so if I only had 1GB my performance would be terrible. I would recommend an upgrade if you are using 75% or more of available RAM.

Before upgrading you need to check your pc manual to see if your RAM is upgradeable. Also, if you can upgrade to 4GB I would recommend it because the price isn't much different than upgrading to a 2GB chip. 2GB would run about $35 and 4GB runs about $50. If you can afford to do the 4GB I would do that because many of todays computer features are RAM hogs including some versions of Windows. A good website for pricing computer components is www.pricewatch.com

Another reason a computers performance may be slow is your graphics card. Upgrading that can improve your performance. A good graphics card should have its own on-board RAM and graphics processor (GPU), otherwise it will use system RAM and CPU resources.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Squid

Thanks, Homer!  Lots to think about.  I don't know if my laptop is worth the effort and expense.  I think my desktop is, though, and it IS upgradeable.  I want the laptop upgraded, if possible, though, because that's the one I use for most of my pogo cheatin'!

Thanks much, I'll work on this.

gigi

I got that with the Risk challenge.  Did EVERYTHING Pogo suggested.  Hubby ended up spending $100 on more memory..... nada............ he 'tweeked' it so I could play the game, but I couldn't play anything else...... so he 'tweeked' it back..... I have no idea what pogo is messin with.  I would expect it with Clue because it's such a big game.  I don't think it's us and I think we just spent $100 for no reason.

Squid

I admit that my RISK ran but it strained to do so.  I never got any warning messages but would freeze up occasionally, etc.   If I go to facebook, my system REALLY strains to stay alive.  That site will drain my system in mere seconds.

gigi

I never thought about the connection with the two until reading Squid's posting.  facebook loads, but I have the same problem.... after a few pages it's done and so am I.  Facebook is so bad I almost never go on it.   

harley89

I  need to clear my brain cache  I cant remember anything

gigi

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview