Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

%**@@(&*^$ Problem with Monopoly

Started by princess,

Previous topic - Next topic

princess

help.gif

I am working on a Monopoly badge and am having problems with the game!  I get about 7 or 8 minutes into the game and it just stops.  It doesn't freeze cuz the timer is still going on the game and I can click on stuff all over the game board.  Game play just stops.  I am playing with 3 bots obviously.  I even sat and let the timer run out to see if I would get credit for the badge but when the game timer was up it just shut the window and I got no credit.  I clear my browsing history and it worked for one game so I thought I solved the prob but it just did it again!  Anyone have a clue how to get the game unstuck?  Thanks in advance!

Homer

Monopoly is fubar. I had the same problem and tried just about everything with no luck. I eventually got the badge.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

C~M

Alot of games seem to be freezing up today.  I had it happen in Dice City Rollers about 3 times.

Jewel

I had the same problem getting my badge. I changed to the Custom tab and double browsed with two pogo names and no bots and got the badge.

Joe C

I am playing in a POGO rules table against 3 Pogo Bots with no issues.

I have never been able to get a "timed" game to work successfully since the launch of Monopoly. The only options that work are:
1) End game after a player gets X dollars
2) End game after X turns
3) End game when all other players are bankrupt (no options chosen)
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

mtndewlover342

I wrote to Pogo about it because it's been happening since the last maintenance.  Here's the reply:  "Hello, Pogo Eric here. I understand that you have not been able to play Monopoly World game for a few days due to freezing problems. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and can understand how frustrating that can b

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this and are diligently working upon this issue and hope to get it resolved soon. For time being I request you play with players instead of Robots. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Pogo Eric
Customer Support
EA.com/Pogo"

Gotta play with *real* people until they straighten it out  panic button.gif
~Mtndewlover~

Joe C

Quote from: mtndewlover342 on August 03, 2009, 09:26:03 AM
I wrote to Pogo about it because it's been happening since the last maintenance.  Here's the reply:  "Hello, Pogo Eric here. I understand that you have not been able to play Monopoly World game for a few days due to freezing problems. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused and can understand how frustrating that can b

We would like to let you know that our engineers are aware of this and are diligently working upon this issue and hope to get it resolved soon. For time being I request you play with players instead of Robots. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

Pogo Eric
Customer Support
EA.com/Pogo"

Gotta play with *real* people until they straighten it out  panic button.gif

You can always double-browse. I think Family Rules allow for the best setup with no transactions required. If you double-browse in Family Rules with only real players, you should be able to run it.

I play two screennames on two computers with no Pogo Bots. You have to be lucky to get it to run a long time. beer11.gif

arniebear

I was trying to get the Monopoly Album Badge where you have to get 10 community/chance cards in an hour using Official Rules.......all game did is  freeze up and I got no Badge.  Guess I will wait about six months to try again, considering Pogo's Techs work at a snails pace  bad mood.gif

Mistyeyed

this auto was playing really good for me..but for some reason today,everytime it gets down to one spin left,it stops...go figure...

Joe C

Follow up on how I was able to get Monopoly to play long enough to get the new Mix badge {School Fees} x2.

I set up a custom table:
No Pogo Bots
Double-browse
Each player given 5 properties
Max out Free Parking
$400 for landing on GO
End after 55 turns
End after $65M (this one can be taken off, although it worked for me)

You have to try to eliminate ANY non-purchase transactions. This means no:
trading properties or money
mortgaging
buying properties costing more than your available cash (leads to mortgaging)

Unfortunately, even this setup will fail once in about 10 games. The fail will occur when you Pay income tax a couple of times and try to buy a couple of properties. If you can survive the early part of the game without a transaction, landing on Free Parking will give you enough of a cushion. DO NOT BUILD HOUSES OR HOTELS.

If necessary, I can help people get their Mix and Match badge while I am working on getting mine to x10. Use the HELP WITH BADGES/CHALLENGES thread, please.

I will be working on Monopoly tonight after 8 p.m. eastern. tumbsup.gif

arniebear

I will try the custom table setup double browsing, unfortunately for the one I need you have to use the Official Rules.......Pogo likes to frustrate its members.  Don't want you to get those badges to easily  swear2.gif

Joe C

Quote from: arniebear on August 04, 2009, 09:02:09 AM
I will try the custom table setup double browsing, unfortunately for the one I need you have to use the Official Rules.......Pogo likes to frustrate its members.  Don't want you to get those badges to easily  swear2.gif
If you double-browse and play manually, just do not buy anything you cannot afford. Make sure you have enough cash to always pay your bills.

The easiest way to save money is to send every property to auction, then have the players take turns winning the auction, bidding .01M$

Of course, you have to get the game to end to get credit. I wonder if having one player stand up would do it. Either that, or only one player wins all the auctions and then the other can nominate a winner. Not sure.

BeckyMama

I played speedy game, no offering the bots a deal as that is an automatic freeze, other than that I only froze once.  I try to hold out on accepting any deals until it is high so I can get past the $35 million mark that ends the game.  I got the 30 cards in about an hour.  Also, do not change any deals when you go to accept.

arniebear

Letter to Pogo Editor on Monopoly

QuoteWhat's Going on with MONOPOLY World Edition?

Dear Editor,

I would like to know what happened to MONOPOLY. You can't make a trade or counter trades, the bots or computers or whatever you call them hang up and you have to leave to continue the game.

Ever since they changed the game to show all the trades, it's been doing this. I've talked to a lot of people in different rooms and they all have the same problem. Not much point in playing if the dice are in the bots favor. Please put the game back the way it was!!!

Tired Brain

Editor: Sorry about that! The good news is that we've figured out what the problem is, have tested it, and will be rolling out the fix very soon.

Why is it always SOON with Pogo........what is there definition of SOON  undecided.gif

Nymph Sorceress

Quote from: arniebear on August 06, 2009, 07:50:21 AM
Letter to Pogo Editor on Monopoly

Why is it always SOON with Pogo........what is there definition of SOON  undecided.gif

Not quite sure....but if you find out please let me know!!  tumbsup.gif

Nymph Sorceress

Glad to know that this time when they said "soon" that they actually meant it.
Played Monopoly earlier this week with the bots and it's trading just fine again! cheerleading.gif

princess

Well it's still doing it for this challenge so evidently they never fixed it!!! diablo.gif

If its doing it for anyone else, just sit and wait, it eventually starts back up again. 

Shadowbox

I played in the speedy room and didnt have any problems from start to finish and I played by hand.  However with that said where your chose your room people were complaining about it freezing up  and asking others to play with them as that was working.   I have only one issue with that game and that is my pass go number to next rank and end of game number to next rank are way diifferent totals. 

gran2x2

Fast way to get this over with..I played with a friend in custom room..no prperty no auction..No bots..just 2 people..they slow down the game.You can turn em off in options..All you do is roll and move ..roll and move..no rent no buying..Also playing with another human stops the stall/freezing issue..

TheLastDodo

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview