PlayBuddy
October 09, 2024, 11:23:05 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Stack'em HD : Remove 1800 animals this week! [Download Cheat]
Rainy Day Spider Solitaire HD : Clear 50 black suited sets this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 68 disco balls or discoball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Linksys Won't Stay Connected to Internet After Reboot.

Started by Stinkerbell,

Previous topic - Next topic

Stinkerbell

I've been trying to help my parents with this computer issue. Maybe someone here will know what to do.

They have 3 computers that use Linksys to connect to the internet. The main computer is hardwired to the Linksys router and the laptop is wireless. However, after rebooting their second desktop, the one they want the Linksys wireless connection on, we have to go to Start>Run>type in services.msc> click on WZC and then click start. The flashing yellow light on the Linksys box immediately goes green and we're connected. As soon as we shut down the computer and reboot, we have to go through all of those steps again. Is there a way to make it "stick?" We've gone into the network settings box and it says that it's set to automatic.

It's a desktop, Dell Windows XP. I don't know if there's a wireless card inside, but I doubt it.

Homer

Try creating a new wireless network or you may be able to get help directly from Linksys below

US Technical Support
Online: myciscohome.com/support
Phone: (800) 326-7114 (24/7/365)
Business Hours: 24/7/365
Home Audio: click here
Media Hub: click here
Business Products: click here
Linksys One: click here

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mary

Quote from: Homer on September 04, 2010, 06:28:54 AM
Try creating a new wireless network or you may be able to get help directly from Linksys below

US Technical Support

Homer has anyone told you lately you are the best ,for all you do in here for us ? blowkisses.gif

Mayhem

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 03, 2010, 10:15:11 PM
I've been trying to help my parents with this computer issue. Maybe someone here will know what to do.

They have 3 computers that use Linksys to connect to the internet. The main computer is hardwired to the Linksys router and the laptop is wireless. However, after rebooting their second desktop, the one they want the Linksys wireless connection on, we have to go to Start>Run>type in services.msc> click on WZC and then click start. The flashing yellow light on the Linksys box immediately goes green and we're connected. As soon as we shut down the computer and reboot, we have to go through all of those steps again. Is there a way to make it "stick?" We've gone into the network settings box and it says that it's set to automatic.

It's a desktop, Dell Windows XP. I don't know if there's a wireless card inside, but I doubt it.

Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc

Click on WZC

Under the "General" tab, set the "Startup type" to 'Automatic' and hit the apply button.

Then your good to go  tumbsup.gif
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Mayhem on September 04, 2010, 12:08:57 PM
Go to Start > Run > type in services.msc

Click on WZC

Under the "General" tab, set the "Startup type" to 'Automatic' and hit the apply button.

Then your good to go  tumbsup.gif

Thanks, Mayhem, but that's what I did that already and it says it's set to automatic but it's still not connecting. We've done what you suggested and have to do it after every reboot.

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on September 04, 2010, 06:28:54 AM

US Technical Support

Thanks, Homer, but they already called Linksys and they want to charge them $95 to start, then whatever per hour for working on it.

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 04, 2010, 10:50:31 PM
Thanks, Homer, but they already called Linksys and they want to charge them $95 to start, then whatever per hour for working on it.

no-no.gif no-no.gif no-no.gif

Linksys is Comcast, correct? Well, let me tell you a little story about them.

I've been a fioS customer for forever. My boyfriend and I decided to switch from fioS and go with comast because fioS was getting a little expensive. We called comast, and got a GREAT deal. They were supposed to come out on a Friday between 3-8pm. I had a hair appointment at 5pm, so I got my boyfriends mother to house-sit. I didn't get home til almost 9pm, and she told me that they NEVER called nor showed up (okay, it was a Friday, so I could understand). Anyways, long story short, they eventually came out, and said that their paperwork said "no installation just an estimate."  panic button.gif An estimate for what? To show you where my boxes are going to go and show you where I'll be sitting my remotes? Ridiculous! THEN, they wanted to charge $80 to set up a router. Are you f'in kidding me? Not to mention, the internet speed sucked. We couldn't have a desktop and 2 laptops running plus a playstation3 at the same time, but with fioS we could. Their customer service is crap. Half the time when I called to speak to a representative, they had an attitude or were very blunt or their number would just not work. A month ago, we finally got fioS back and now have 3 computers and a ps3 running constantly. We haven't had any problems. We have ALL movie channels, 2 DVR's, and HD PLUS 35 up and 35 down for $99.99 a month. plus tax is around $120-ish. not bad at all.

lilsh0rtii445

Sorry Stinky if they don't have comcast, but i just told you my thought about them anyway. LOL

I wish I could help you, my only advice would be to google it if possible. Usually, I'll google something before asking in here anyway.

Best luck to you!

embrace.gif embrace.gif embrace.gif

Homer

Quote from: lilsh0rtii445 on September 05, 2010, 03:27:46 AM
no-no.gif no-no.gif no-no.gif

Linksys is Comcast, correct? Well, let me tell you a little story about them.

I've been a fioS customer for forever. My boyfriend and I decided to switch from fioS and go with comast because fioS was getting a little expensive. We called comast, and got a GREAT deal. They were supposed to come out on a Friday between 3-8pm. I had a hair appointment at 5pm, so I got my boyfriends mother to house-sit. I didn't get home til almost 9pm, and she told me that they NEVER called nor showed up (okay, it was a Friday, so I could understand). Anyways, long story short, they eventually came out, and said that their paperwork said "no installation just an estimate."  panic button.gif An estimate for what? To show you where my boxes are going to go and show you where I'll be sitting my remotes? Ridiculous! THEN, they wanted to charge $80 to set up a router. Are you f'in kidding me? Not to mention, the internet speed sucked. We couldn't have a desktop and 2 laptops running plus a playstation3 at the same time, but with fioS we could. Their customer service is crap. Half the time when I called to speak to a representative, they had an attitude or were very blunt or their number would just not work. A month ago, we finally got fioS back and now have 3 computers and a ps3 running constantly. We haven't had any problems. We have ALL movie channels, 2 DVR's, and HD PLUS 35 up and 35 down for $99.99 a month. plus tax is around $120-ish. not bad at all.

Linksys is the company that makes the router. Comcast is an internet provider which I hate with extreme prejudice. I can't wait for FIOS to get here.

Homer

Quote from: Stinkerbell on September 04, 2010, 10:50:31 PM

I would create a new wireless network and start from scratch.

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: Homer on September 05, 2010, 06:48:06 AM
Linksys is the company that makes the router. Comcast is an internet provider which I hate with extreme prejudice. I can't wait for FIOS to get here.

Linksys/comcast....whatever. they both can kiss myyyyyyy  ass.gif

harley89

I would start over.  I have never setup a router by that name. Just a shot in the dark The desktop you are having a problem with did you get a UBS signal stick for it.  The laptop has a wireless card and the other destop is hard wired to the router how is the other one getting its signal

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on September 05, 2010, 06:50:11 AM
I would create a new wireless network and start from scratch.

If they do that, will they also have to reset the laptop computer that's working fine now?

Stinkerbell

They have Verizon DSL not Comcast. Linksys is the name of the company that produces the router.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview