PlayBuddy
July 13, 2024, 06:04:38 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Tri-Peaks Solitaire HD : Win 30 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Garden Blast : Use 80 disco balls or disco ball power up combos this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

911 apology

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

gator8_24

I need to send  an apology about the unpleasant news coming out of Gainesville, FL. Everyone is so frustrated about the Pastor's views and decision at Dove Outreach. I'm sorry if any one agrees with him. I just have this sick feeling that IF he goes to NY tmw and things do not go his way there will be one giant book burning at this church. There was an article today and he has only 30 members and it really sounds like a cult.  He wants power over people.

I do not live very far from the 'church' and it is in the middle of a residential area. Think going to change routes to some places where normaly would go past the main road into Mile Run. That's where his 'church' is located but way in the back.

I am nervous about the whole deal as the Pastor has very strong views etc  I do not trust him. He hears what he wants to hear and not what others say.

All we can do is pray that he comes to his senses and does not burn the Koran.  H carries a pistol clipped to his belt if that tells you anything.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/09/09/2010-09-09_pastor_terry_jones_expects_his_followers_to_obey_all_his_commands_according_to_b.html

Hope I didn't offend anhyone by my post but this news has been all over the world.

lilsh0rtii445

No problem, Gator!

I heard about it this morning, but i'm so sick and tired of hearing about it, I just turned the channel.

Expect the unexpected, honey. Stay safe!

blowkisses.gif blowkisses.gif blowkisses.gif

roadwarrior

But what this man is wanting to do....he's wanting to set off a witch hunt.  If he does this, what's going to stop other groups from going this far, or even further?

This sickens me.

I'm very open about many faiths/religions-to each their own.

This is striking a very hard nerve with me-my son fell in love and married a Muslim woman-she's was born in the US, raised in the US and is currently a county police officer.  My son loves her very much, converted to her faith, her family has been very accepting of him and my side of the family.  They have 2 beautiful daughters and a son together they are raising in their faith-and I totally support them.

It angers me there is so much hate towards the Muslim people.  It was crazy whack jobs that hijacked those planes.  Crazy, insane people.

It's the ignorance and hate spewed out by people like this pastor and his followers that make people like my son and daughter in law live in fear.  
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Joe C

I am not happy with this dude in Florida. I dumped a Facebook "friend" last week for posting links to horrible sites and saying horrible things about other people's religion.

And it is not like we cannot raise crazy people right here in America. Just ask the folks in Oklahoma City.
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

gran2x2

My point is this..The terrorists of 9/11 were led by a nut job just like this pastor..It's not the religion or it's followers or the Koran who are to blame..it's the whackos who interpret it to fit their crazed vendettas..Tim Mcveigh was christian..should we have a Bible burning bash too??
We have soldiers in muslim countries who put their lives on the line every day for the right to practice a religion..What American in their right mind would enlarge the target these soldiers already wear??

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview