This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Snowbird Solitaire : Win 35 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Bejeweled Stars : Clear 500 crystal layers this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

IE9

Started by harley89,

Previous topic - Next topic

harley89

Wondering is anybody using IE9.  The reviews from users Ive read say it is faster and better the Chrome.  And how does it work with autos.

lilsh0rtii445

I'm on IE8. talk about freeze freeze freeze.

catfancie

Quote from: lilsh0rtii445 on September 28, 2010, 12:37:53 PM
I'm on IE8. talk about freeze freeze freeze.

Thats one of the reasons I still use IE7

lilsh0rtii445

I just downloaded IE9. Seems to be faster.

harley89

IE8 is so buggy. SLow, freezes. Guess I will try IE9  Microsoft finally got it right with WIN 7 so maybe they got it right with IE9 

gran2x2

Was gonna try 9 but since it says it's still Beta, I will wait a while..

Homer

IE9 is quick. I wish they would stop moving the icons every time they release a new browser.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

lilsh0rtii445

when i downloaded IE9 a few hours ago, my favorites bar was gone!

finally googled it and got it back. wish they would stop rearranging chit!

Homer

Quote from: lilsh0rtii445 on September 28, 2010, 03:35:41 PM

just right click where the toolbar was and you can select it

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: Homer on September 28, 2010, 04:26:09 PM
just right click where the toolbar was and you can select it

I googled it like i do everything else.

tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif tumbsup.gif

twinkle6590

Quote from: lilsh0rtii445 on September 28, 2010, 03:35:41 PM

I can use my favorites bar to save things but when i got to click on favorites and open something ...nothings there. this has been going on for awhile now. I have IE8 too. I am going to google IE9 and see if it helps.
Modified because I forgot to ask .... do I have to delete IE8 first or do I just download IE9 over the top of it ??

Homer

Quote from: twinkle6590 on September 28, 2010, 10:59:12 PM
I can use my favorites bar to save things but when i got to click on favorites and open something ...nothings there. this has been going on for awhile now. I have IE8 too. I am going to google IE9 and see if it helps.
Modified because I forgot to ask .... do I have to delete IE8 first or do I just download IE9 over the top of it ??

No you don't.

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: twinkle6590 on September 28, 2010, 10:59:12 PM

Just download IE9. When you download IE9, IE8 pretty much updates itself.

harley89

Hate to rain on this but I downloaded IE9 and could not get computer to work.  Had to do startup repair that got it working them one system restore to get ti back where it was.  Thats what i get for breaking my rule on NEVER EVER NEVER download anything Microsoft Beta

gran2x2

The beta thing stopped me too..I did check it out and I have xp so it saidf I had to get win 7 befgore I could even download IE9..etc etc so I said forget that mess..I will wait..What is windows 7 anyway..never heard of that..I always thought stuff like that came with your updates that you do..

Homer

Quote from: gran2x2 on September 29, 2010, 04:19:03 PM
The beta thing stopped me too..I did check it out and I have xp so it saidf I had to get win 7 befgore I could even download IE9..etc etc so I said forget that mess..I will wait..What is windows 7 anyway..never heard of that..I always thought stuff like that came with your updates that you do..

Windows 7 is the latest OS from Microsoft. XP users will need to upgrade to Windows 7 when Microsoft stops making security patches for XP. Microsoft ended technical support for XP in 2009 but will issue security patches until 2014 at which time you will need to upgrade your OS.

harley89

I will say  Microsoft FINALLY built a  solid OS with Windows 7.  Beats all the rest(and that wasnt hard) 

twinkle6590

Quote from: Homer on September 29, 2010, 06:58:29 AM
No you don't.
Thank you Homer. I also noticed that IE9 can only be used on windows vista.  Is that true or did I read that wrong??

Homer

Quote from: twinkle6590 on October 01, 2010, 10:45:23 PM
Thank you Homer. I also noticed that IE9 can only be used on windows vista.  Is that true or did I read that wrong??

It works with Vista or Windows 7. It does not work with XP

Squid

I love my XP.  And I have IE7.  I hope I don't have to upgrade to IE9, which means I'll have to uprade to Win7.  UGH.  I hate this. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview