PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 07:48:48 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo games moving to flash

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

This is from the Pogo News section :

In an effort to bring some of our most popular games to a much wider audience, Pogo will begin converting a series of games from Jave to Flash. We'll be releasing Flash versions of Poppit! soon.

How will this affect gameplay?

We expect this transition should be smooth and nearly invisible to players, except for one function: the one-click ability to "undo" a move by right clicking. You will still be able to undo using the right-click, but you'll have to choose "undo" from a menu. To make it simple for players to undo, we've added the ability to use the "spacebar" to undo moves.

What other games will be moving to Flash?

Within the next few months, you will see some of our more popular games move to Flash. These include:
•World Class Solitaire
•Payday Freecell
•Sweet Tooth 2
•Mahjong Safari
•Rainy Day Spider Solitaire
•Stack'em
•Phlinx
•Turbo 21
•Trivial Pursuit
We will likely re-release Word Whomp as a Flash Game once we've worked out the current issues with it.

Why the move to Flash?

As Pogo moves into the future, we recognize that we must change with the changing times. The biggest obstacle in getting new players to join Pogo has been the fact that our games are in Java. Moving to Flash means a much larger number of people will be able to play our games.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Homer

In other words...we are about to screw everything up  rolleyes.gif

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

lilsh0rtii445

this is such garbage! they should've learned their stupid lesson when word whomp went to sh*t!

swear2.gif swear2.gif swear2.gif

playerkane

Forgive my stupity, but what is the difference between java and flash?  magnifier.gif

Homer

Quote from: playerkane on October 26, 2010, 07:15:29 PM
Forgive my stupity, but what is the difference between java and flash?  magnifier.gif

They are different programming languages 

harley89

Guess you dont want to hear about the Iphone apps and badges

roadwarrior

Wtf?  why are they moving everything to flash?

Flash was in....about 20 years ago.  Flash is a very archaic programming language.  Java is in, has been in and will be in for several more years.

For the type of gaming site pogo is, flash isn't the best choice.  Java has been, Java still is the best choice.

That's my 2 cents.  I hope they figure it out when hoards of people begin to bitch whine and moan their games suddenly aren't working and won't work until pogo goes back to java.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

roadwarrior

does anyone else think it's a big mistake to go to flash?
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Homer

Quote from: roadwarrior on October 27, 2010, 01:16:14 PM
does anyone else think it's a big mistake to go to flash?

Only one thing should ever be flashed....BOOBIES!!!  wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

heavenVCandrews

i actually think this might be a good idea because i haven't been able to play risk at all only once when it first came out and i can't play mini golf madness and alot other games the screen goes black.I think its the java but beaker creatures plays wonderfully and thats a flash game.

gator8_24

I may be wrong as only heard part of the story, but I got that Apple doesn't alow flash.  Is that right?

les

Quote from: Homer on October 27, 2010, 01:47:41 PM
Only one thing should ever be flashed....BOOBIES!!!  wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif

watching you.gif   I'm with you on that one Homer flash the Boobies  tease.gif

playerkane

So much for flash,lol. (Sorry gang, I just had too,lol)

MsMissy

Wel im putting my 2 cents in, I hope they stay with java& if they do put in flash, may alot of people complain too them 2 put it back. LOL  giggle2.gif

C~M

From Beta Site:

Thursday October 14, 2010 9:45AM - Now Testing: Poppit! and World Class Solitare In FLASH!
Put down that JAVA! Now testing Poppit! and World Class Solitare in Flash! Thats right, our wiley engineers have updated the games to use Flash instead of Java. A few things to note are performance issues, and of course bugs. Also just so you know, you will no longer be able to right-click to undo in Poppit! (Sorry!) This might change later, but not promising anything. Please send your feedback to the Beta email address.

gran2x2

I just do not get Pogo..Why not spend the time energy and money fixing the games that now have issues instead of screwing with ones that have no problems??? Pogo has very poor priority choices..I hate flash..it is becoming so out dated..

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview