PlayBuddy
September 21, 2024, 10:34:49 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Pogo and their Quality Customer Support

Started by legacygeek,

Previous topic - Next topic

legacygeek

For those that like a good laugh, and to see the quality of pogo customer support I have posted below a support request that I made recently because my Screen name on pogo is censored by anyone that has their chat filter turned on.  You have to start at the bottom an go up the email to get he full impact of just how far pogo support will go to help out a 10 year loyal customer... cheesy.gif

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

Keep in mind that if we don't receive a response from you within six days, we will mark your query as "solved," so be sure to update your incident by clicking the "My Questions" link on the support page if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
To access your question from our support site, click here.

Subject
My Screenname has been "cyberdrone2" since joining pogo nearly 10 years ago. For...

Discussion Thread
Response (Troy P.)   12/01/2010 10:23 AM
Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

Unfortunately, it is ultimately up to other users whether or not they have their chat filter on. If you would like, you could just let them know about the chat filter.

If you have any further questions or concerns please reply to this email or visit our extensive knowledge base online at http://support.ea.com.

Thank you,

Troy P
EA Online Support
Response (Pogo Macy)   11/29/2010 01:19 PM
Hello,

Thanks for writing back.

Due to the nature of your issue, more time is required for investigation. I apologize for any prolonged delays this might cause, but please rest assured that we are trying to handle your issue in a timely manner. During this time, you may still update your incident with additional information that might help us resolve your issue without causing any additional delay. To update your incident click the link above that says, To view or update your question from our support site, click here.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you and look forward to getting you back in the game!

Sincerely,

Pogo Speed
Customer Support
EA.com/Pogo
Customer By Email    11/28/2010 09:13 PM
Once again, it is my SCREEN NAME that is being censored, but evidently you are incapable of reading my message for what it says. If my SCREEN NAME is "either a profane name you're not familiar with, or part of a SPAMmer message we're trying to combat using the chat filter" then you should not allow me to use that SCREEN NAME or allow me to change it to something that is neither profane or SPAM. But alas, that would be too much work I guess, just to make a customer happy. As a service to you from now
on anytime someone asks why my SCREEN NAME is filter I will send them via Pogo Mail your response to my request for help in this matter. Maybe it should be posted in player forums, I know others will be interested in the great lengths you all have gone to in resolving a loyal player's (and payers) simple request. From: EA Customer Service [mailto:customerservice@ea.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2010 11:05 AM
To: legacygeek@embarqmail.com
Subject: EA support request information [Incident:
101127-011180]

==================== image File Attachment ====================
image001.jpg, 332 bytes, added to incident
Response (Pogo Macy)   11/28/2010 11:04 AM
Hello,

This is Customer Service Representative Macy. Thanks for your interest in Pogo Games. I'm here to assist you with your question.

If something you typed in the Pogo Profile/Chat room got filtered that you don't think should be filtered, it's probably either a profane word you're not familiar with, or part of a SPAMmer message that we're trying to combat using the chat filter. We use our chat filter for both functions, and we apologize if we end up filtering a word that normally shouldn't be.

Also, we get this question regularly, and we can understand how it might seem strange that you've never won anything on Pogo. However, there are a LOT of people playing on Pogo. More than most Pogo players realize. Over 10 million different people play on Pogo every month. That's larger than the population of New York City! We give out several hundred prizes every month (which is a LOT of prizes compared to many of our competitors), but even with several hundred prizes per month, the odds that you'll meet up with someone who has won a prize on Pogo are pretty small when there are 10 million people milling around.

Having said all that, we're very proud of how many prizes we give out, and our prize winners. We do what we can to let people like yourself get to know our winners a little bit better, so that you can realize that these are real people who are getting real prizes. Once a month or so we do an interview with one of our winners and post it on our 'Community News' page. You can get to this page by clicking the "Pogo News" button on the top of any Pogo page. Swing by and check out the winner interviews. Those are real people, who won a real prize on Pogo.

Sincerely,

Pogo Macy
Customer Support
EA.com/Pogo

Customer By Web Form    11/27/2010 09:10 AM
My Screenname has been "cyberdrone2" since joining pogo nearly 10 years ago. For some reason when people try to chat with me in game chat and if they have their chat filter on my screen name will appear something like "#%*!drone2" For some reason your chat filter feels the need to screen out the word "Cyber" I have countless times seen people type my screen name and then apologize for typing it wrong, then I have to explain to them what has happened. Most don't even realize they have a chat filter. This has become a very tedious situation and either I can be rude and stop explaining to the other players YOUR problem or you could graciously fix YOUR problem. After loyaly paying my dues for all these years and having won nothing more that wallpapers, screensavers, and 32 million useless tokens I would hope that you could take the time to fix this problem...

[---0

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview