PlayBuddy
September 09, 2024, 09:42:21 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Merge Academy : Complete 20 orders this week! [Download Cheat]
Snowbird Solitaire : Make 260 streaks this week! [Download Cheat]
Payday Freecell HD : Place 300 cards in the foundation stacks this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

e-readers- Kindle or Nook

Started by gator8_24,

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

gator8_24

Quote from: Homer on November 23, 2010, 06:24:36 PM
I would rather have nookie  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

You would have to say that, now (if) I get one I'll have you to thank for the new name   giggle2.gif

Stinkerbell

Quote from: Homer on November 23, 2010, 06:24:36 PM
I would rather have nookie  hysterical.gif hysterical.gif hysterical.gif

Homer, it's not 50% and if it were, it'd probably not be very good.

gator8_24

Quote from: Stinkerbell on November 15, 2010, 11:52:40 AM
I don't blame you for that. With ebay, unless it's a verified, trusted seller, you don't know what you might get.

I think that really, it's just a matter of preference. Many companies have free books. The Sony reader store does, just like Amazon and B&N. I buy most of my ebooks from either fictionwise.com or booksonboard.com. They seem to have the best prices.

And for those of you who already have an ereader, fictionwise has all books on sale today for 50% off. Use code nov122010. All books except those published by Samhain.

Thanks for the info, I have bookmarked those sites for if and when .

Stinkerbell

fictionwise.com is having ANOTHER sale, all books except Samhain are 60% off. Coupon code: cybermonday2010

gator8_24

Well, my son gave the Nook.  Now to download something that I like to read .  Not Dracula lol  None of the preloaded really interest me.  Will do it tmw.  Had a hard time getting through B&N website to register yesterday.  Decided everyone who got the Nook was trying to do the same!

I also got (for any crafters out there) a Cricut Expression machine  that came with 4 cartridges.  Haven't tried that yet either. Need to find a good place as it's home.

roadwarrior

I got a Kindle for my birthday back in November.  I got a $100 gift card to amazon.  Now to download some books to read.  I just love the kindle...I prefer it over the other ereaders out there.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

Stinkerbell

Quote from: roadwarrior on December 26, 2010, 01:16:44 PM
I got a Kindle for my birthday back in November.  I got a $100 gift card to amazon.  Now to download some books to read.  I just love the kindle...I prefer it over the other ereaders out there.

I found out today that you can now loan books on Kindles too. It's limited to 1x per book, ever. Guess they're trying to compete with B&N!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview