Peggle Blast HD : Clear 1500 pegs this week! [Download Cheat]
Mahjong Sanctuary : Win 25 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Dice City Roller HD : Clear 20 '3 of a Kind' cards this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

The small ad on the forum

Started by ronandamee1,

Previous topic - Next topic

ronandamee1

A few people have come into the chat expressing their dislike for the ad on the forum. I figured I would just start a topic explaining why its there. The admins here spend alot of time here(as you probably have noticed). Those ads get them some money for their hard work. I can see how it is different and different is not always better, but they are there to help keep this site alive. Someone pays for this forum to be here. Don't worry, I am sure we will get used to them being there.

wordlife

Quote from: YZrider on July 15, 2004, 05:50:08 PM
A few people have come into the chat expressing their dislike for the ad on the forum. I figured I would just start a topic explaining why its there. The admins here spend alot of time here(as you probably have noticed). Those ads get them some money for their hard work when you click on them. I can see how it is different and different is not always better, but they are there to help keep this site alive. Someone pays for this forum to be here. Asking us to click an ad once in a while is not too much of a demand. Now don't get it into your head that you will click the ad over and over again thinking they will get more money. That does not work, so don't click the ad more than you normally would. Please take the time to check out what the ads are saying every once in a while to try to show our support for this site. Once again, do not click the ads over and over again(google will know). Don't worry, I am sure we will get used to them being there.

i well be an admin

ronandamee1

Quotei well be an admin

No problem wordlife.....Its only going to cost you $300 a month. When Mayhem receives your check, you will get the stripes.

wordlife

ronandamee1

Its not cheap bud. Domain fees, hosting fees, prize giveaways, and my salary of course. Its pretty cheap to be a member of the family.

wordlife

what do i get for doeing something like that?
??? ???

Mayhem

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

ronandamee1

You would be doing a service to the members of this forum.

Btw whats up homes is actually Whats up holmes..lol

wordlife

i would not pay that much to help people on thes site

DJ_

Are those adds new or I have I been blind all this time and never seen them?  :-[

ronandamee1

It could be much worse! There could be a popup or something. That would be horrible.

zenia

Quote from: DJ on July 15, 2004, 07:03:51 PM
Are those adds new or I have I been blind all this time and never seen them?  :-[

I dont see any ads, I must be blind too or my AD Muncher ate it.

wordlife

ZaLandCruiser

I like it when **** pops up :-P, but it f*ks up my computers.

admin

I really hope that it does not bother you that much. It was our intention to have it blend in and be as non-invasive as possible. If you have any suggestions (other than taking it off  ;)) we are happy to listen to them.

wordlife

Quote from: ZaLandCruiser on July 15, 2004, 07:41:40 PM
I like it when **** pops up :-P, but it f*ks up my computers.

did not need to know that  >:( >:( >:(

DEBKARLAR

where is this ad at and what does it advertise?
even with my adsgone off i don't see it.

KittyKat

I don't understand why so many people hate ads. They really don't bother me (unless its a pop up) but if theres no pop ups its not bothering me so I don't care about it.

2TOOME

Quote from: KittyKat on July 16, 2004, 12:42:58 AM
I don't understand why so many people hate ads. They really don't bother me (unless its a pop up) but if theres no pop ups its not bothering me so I don't care about it.

I agree.  About the only ads that bother me are the flashy ones.  Now those really annoy me.  But as for the ads here,  I have never seen them.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview