This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

What do you think about this rumor?

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

Heard Pogo was going to release a Mahjong Garden album with previously released badges/challenges.
I like getting new badges and not repeat old ones.
What do you think?
I can repeat play on the ones I have now for the tokens and save my gems or money.
I hope this is only a rumor and not what Pogo has in store for us now.  help.gif

Homer

Why would anyone buy an album with previous released badges? If they are challenge badges you can still get them for free by doing any weekly you missed. I gotta think the badges would be new if they expect people to buy it.

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

roadwarrior

I can see pogo doing a book of all majhong garden..but a book of challenges that are harder than the normal weekly ones like match 2000 tiles instead of 50.  Or complete 300 dragons instead of 15.  But a collection of pervisouly released badges?  I don't think it will happen.
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

gran2x2

Rumors are like used toliet paper..Only good for flushing...Rspecially rumors about Pogo.. hysterical.gif

mycatownsme

giggle2.gif Your reply made me giggle Gran.

I have more news on this. It's the Best of Mahjong Garden Premium Badges Album and there will be 10 of them. Talk of it may be the first in a series of Badge Classics albums which would be a collection of previous pretty good badges. It appears to be set to release around Jnuary 25th and the cost is $5.99 or 86 gems. The description of the album says that Pogo picked the best 10 Mahjong Garden badges from Pogos Premium badge albums and put them all together. Pogo is considering these new even though the artwork and challenges are the same as the pre-exixting ones. I wonder if this means if we get this album that our badge count would go up even though we have already done these badges from the old albums? I also found a site that has this as news but am not allowed to put that here. That's where I was able to find the written info on it. I guess we'll know for sure if/when the album is released.
I still don't see an advantage to getting this album unless you count the completed album badge when done. But would that be worth the cost to you? I was so curious as to what others would do but will see when time rolls around. Just like that TP Gran.  giggle2.gif
They even have the animated badges at that site too.

Joe C

The "new" badges will be the old graphics and the old requirements.

However, from what I have read, there will be 11 new badges that can be added to your album.

Count me as someone who will buy a new album with recycled badges, as long as these recycled badges will add to my total badge count. The only issue I will have is how to list them in my spreadsheet, since they have the same name. I might just call all of them "Classic", like {Spring Delight} would be listed in my spreadsheet as {Spring Delight Classic}.

I believe that this will be the first of many "Classic" albums, since no new artwork is required. As long as we can increase our badge count, I am pretty sure the OCD among us will buy them all.
tumbsup.gif
Boston University Class of 2017!

Master of Science in Project Management

gran2x2

I would buy the album only if it ups badge count and we get another badge and not just a x2 next to the first one..I can get a x2 without spending more gems just by playing it again. I have several that way from playing them for special edition badges ....A x2 or whatever would suck..I want new badges and not get suckered into buying what I already have..

Joe C

Quote from: gran2x2 on January 06, 2011, 07:37:26 AM
I would buy the album only if it ups badge count and we get another badge and not just a x2 next to the first one..I can get a x2 without spending more gems just by playing it again. I have several that way from playing them for special edition badges ....A x2 or whatever would suck..I want new badges and not get suckered into buying what I already have..
What I am reading on "another site" makes me think that it will be a "different badge" in the album and therefore count as a new badge.

Of course, I will win all these badges at least x10, with at least one x25 and one x50.
tumbsup.gif

mycatownsme

giggle2.gif Sounds like a great idea to list these classic album badges that way to keep track on your spreadsheet Joe.
I guess it's something to look forward to just to see what the final product will be and at x10, x25 or x50  tumbsup.gif

Joe C

I have looked further at these badges (on the other site).

They have a blue waving banner on the badge that reads "Badge Classics" with a Gold Star on the left. This makes it technically a different badge. Since Pogo already recycles requirements, I have no problem with this. For example, how many Tri-Peaks challenges required us to get X number of Wild Cards?

I also see that there are plans for recycled POPPIT challenges. Be prepared to have to use lots of Pins and Weights as well as releasing baseballs and frogs.
tumbsup.gif

My guess for after that will be best of Tri-Peaks and best of Lottso.
tumbsup.gif

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview