PlayBuddy
September 22, 2024, 01:42:37 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

FireFox browser + Pogo.com Issues

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

Pogo recently posted this on their facebook page :

The latest update of Firefox seems to have caused game loading issues. We are investigating this.

In the meantime please try another browser such as Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

Sue

Thanks for posting this as I have a friend who uses FIREFOX and she was having issues

and wondered if her computer was broken since many of the games would not load.

I passed this info on to her and I am sure it will set her mind to rest.

Thanks again Ken. elf2.gif

draagnfli

yes ty i was going nuts cleaning out cliches and u name it i was like omg it worked earlier

roadwarrior

so right now, pogo screwed up firefox, and they are working on it if I understand correctly???
Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics

gran2x2

I am totally hooked on Google Chrome..It works the best for me.It loads way faster than any other browser and my autos work so much better too. I use it for every thing and have way less problems especially with flash games.

mtndewlover342

I just got the new firefox update this morning and yep -- pogo definitely will not load.  Chrome doesn't work too well on my laptop; it loads reallllllly sloooooow.  Back to IE until it's fixed - UGH.

Thanks for letting us know! irishman.gif
~Mtndewlover~

BFM2005

I like playing on firefox more than ie, so I found a solution that allows me to still use firefox.

1. go to oldapps . com

2. do a search for Firefox 3.6.13 (this was the version prior to the update)

3.  install this version and reboot. you will be good to go.

4. when you pull firefox up, go to "help" at the top, then down to "about mozilla firefox", check the last few words on that screen to be sure the other version was overwritten correctly.

5. VERY IMPORTANT: go to "tools" then "options" , click on "advanced", then the "update" tab. UNCHECK: the automatic update for firefox, add-ons and search engines. (If you don't do this, the new version, with problems, will automatically download again.

* just as a side note: you probably won't need to backup your bookmarks or tabs, unless you're a nervous nellie like myself, lol. I spent 30 minutes backing everything up and just like normal, everything transferred like it's supposed to 99.9999999999% of the time.

The whole process minus my self diagnosed OCD probably won't take longer than 5 minutes. HTH someone.  blink.gif

ozcar

For those weary from getting it from oldapps . com, you can get it from mozilla's (firefox's) site.

releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.6.13/win32/en-US/

harley89

I was not a fan of the new browsers because of tabs.  I am using google chrome an begining to like using tabs. But of course I am buying up light bulbs before they make us change over to the funny looking ones.  I just dont make changes easy. 

ozcar

I don't like google chrome.  It installs itself on c:\ and won't let me choose a different location.

Homer

Quote from: ozcar on March 04, 2011, 08:19:21 AM
I don't like google chrome.  It installs itself on c:\ and won't let me choose a different location.

all programs install on the c:\ drive

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

snap20

Mozilla has released an update, 3.6.15. I just updated and tried a javascript based game on pogo, and it works fine.

ozcar

Quote from: Homer on March 04, 2011, 10:16:57 AM
all programs install on the c:\ drive

By default, yes, but most other programs let me change it to another drive if I want to.

Homer

Quote from: ozcar on March 04, 2011, 03:16:59 PM
By default, yes, but most other programs let me change it to another drive if I want to.

Yeah...but only if you haved more than one hard drive which most people do not have

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

Mayhem

An update for FireFox is now available - this fixes the java issues.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

gator8_24

Quote from: harley89 on March 04, 2011, 06:17:52 AM
I was not a fan of the new browsers because of tabs.  I am using google chrome an begining to like using tabs. But of course I am buying up light bulbs before they make us change over to the funny looking ones.  I just dont make changes easy. 

I'm with you Harley! WE have those large round bulbs in the dining room fixture and the candlelabra style in the kitchen.  Also the bathrooms have round bulbs.  Now won't that style of fixture look  stupid with those curly ones sticking out?  giggle2.gif

just don

I like the FF browser, but have refused most updates of late, sounds like I did well by doing so? As for those "screwy looking" light bulbs? They sure make a loud noise when they fail, but I have a slew of them that have lasted over 3 years now....a larger investment up front, but truly a money saver in the long run. If you read books, buy  a slightly higher watt bulb. FYI, I also like chrome, and have NOT used IE in years, and I'm happy to see that others were scared of learning about tab browsing. I should stop back here more often.

snap20

Quote from: just don on March 05, 2011, 09:20:03 AM
I like the FF browser, but have refused most updates of late, sounds like I did well by doing so?
I always update FF immediately and this is the first time I've ever had an issue with an update and it was on one site. The security and stability aspects of the updates make it more important to update than worry about something like what happened recently. To each their own I guess.

Sugarfootin

im still having problems.. with ff and if they fixed problems as you said what ff ver. is it to up date plz  ...ty

snap20

Quote from: Sugarfootin on March 06, 2011, 04:36:05 PM
im still having problems.. with ff and if they fixed problems as you said what ff ver. is it to up date plz  ...ty

I haven't had a single issue since the latest update. The most current version of Firefox is 3.6.15.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview