PlayBuddy
September 18, 2024, 10:12:38 PM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Phlinx II : Win 18 games this week! [Download Cheat]
Spades HD : Take 150 tricks this week! [Download Cheat]
Monopoly Sudoku : Gain 150,000 Monopoly dollars from filling puzzle cells this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

Sluggish Computer?

Started by Mayhem,

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayhem

StartUpLite is a lightweight and simple to use application that allows you to speed up your system startup, safely and efficiently. The program allows you to disable or remove unnecessary startup entries from your computer. By using StartUpLite, you can dramatically help shorten your startup time with only a few clicks of the mouse.

These startup items eats up ram and cpu resources. You can download the free (no install necessary) program here :

http://www.malwarebytes.org/startuplite.php

Here is a list of items the program will disable (with full explanation on why you don't need it)

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=1248

Make sure to reboot your computer after running the program.
Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness.

mycatownsme

After reading this I clicked on the link and kept the Java update and the one for the mouse thing but otherwise I let it alone and let it go. I am so happy you posted this link. My computer loads so much faster now. Before now, I would start my computer and go and get something to drink and feed the cat and a few other things in the morning just to kill the time it took to get the darn thing going. Not anymore. When I rebooted, it took about a minute if that! And when I click to open a game window it is there within 15 to 30 seconds depending on the game. Before it would take at least 2 minutes if not longer. I highly recommend this for anyone who has a sluggish computer. Thank You Mayhem  tumbsup.gif

StevesMom

snap20

I had most of them already disabled, as I consider myself an advanced user. Still found the program useful to disable three more I didn't have disabled. Malwarebytes makes outstanding programs and can be completely trusted. Thanks Mayhem.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview