PlayBuddy
July 08, 2024, 07:07:53 AM

This week's Club Pogo challenges!
Poppit! Bingo : Pop 150 Prize Balloons this week! [Download Cheat]
Word Search Daily HD : Find 300 words this week! [Download Cheat]

Main Menu

My Internet Explorer9 is not right, Help please....

Started by mycatownsme,

Previous topic - Next topic

mycatownsme

Hi, For some reason my IE9 has moved the start game box or leave table or play again boxes to the bottom of the page.
And this makes it impossible for the autos to run right.
Does anyone know how I can get these to be in the proper place?
I played Canasta and double browsed and I used Firefox with no trouble. But not IE9.
Also tried it on other games and it does the same thing.
It doesn't want to put the boxes where they should be at all.

Just when I thought everything was going along nice and smooth too.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

StevesMom  aka  Lin

Homer

PogoCheats - It's all about the badges!!!

S1lent

Hi,
Are you using Windows 7? 

If so there are two settings that might need to be changed for the autos to work properly with Window's 7; disabling the UAC and changing out of Aero mode.

Disable and Turnoff UAC in Windows 7 from Control Panel:
1. Access User Control Panel from Start Menu - Control Panel - User Accounts and Family Safety - User Account
2. Click on User Account Control settings link.
3. Move the Slider to Never Notify
4. Click OK to make the change effective
5. Reboot.

To change the theme:
1.. Open Personalization by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type personalization, and then click Personalization.
2.. Under Basic and High Contrast Themes, click Windows 7 Basic.

Good luck,
I just hate it Microsoft keeps updating and changing their operating systems.

S1lent

mycatownsme

Hi Silent and Crazy Man,
I have Vista, not Windows7. Thank you for the info in case I did.

I have spent the last few days trying to uninstall IE9 and will never download a new version of anything again.
I had to find a way to install IE 8 because I did not have that anymore. I don't know why. I must have done something.
But after I did instiall IE8 on the Vista r 64 bit computer, I am still in trouble.
I can use it on my account on this computer. But the 3 other users can not.
It says no internet explorer on their accounts. I am so lost. I usually get a box that will ask if for this account or all accounts and I can choose.
I don't recall seeing that box when I downloaded IE8.
So, now I need help in getting this to be on the other names on my computer so they can use their stuff and not go to mine.
I am so so sorry I downloaded IE9. I will not believe anything that pops up when I sign into my email account again. They lie!
This has been so much time and effort and I have had to ask for help so much and it was not necessary at all.
If anyone knows how I can fix this on letting the other users be able to get to use their accounts, please let me know or direct me to where I can read.

Most of all, I thank you so much for your help.

StevesMom  aka  Lin

mycatownsme

(((Silent)))  On this Mothers Day I'm sending big hugs your way.

When I first read your directions, I didn't think I could use them because I have Vista.
But I searched and read and no success.

And so I came back here to read your directions and tried to figure out how I could use them with Vista.
Well, I had some clicking and reading and clicking again.
And I got everything  cheerleading.gif

Well, almost....I could not find that slider bar to never notify. And I was able to turn off the UAC but did not find the Aero mode to change that.
But, I did what I could find according to your direction and all the users do have IE8 and they all work so far as I can tell.

I do have a message that stays at the bottomr right of my screen right in line with the screen size that says Internet and then it says
Protected Mode: Off.  But my Norton AV program is running and so I'm thinking this may be due to what I turned off with the UAC?  Not sure.
But at least you got the accounts to be able to use IE8 and they are going to be happy today.

Thank You Silent  cheerleading.gif  I'm so happy I came back to read your direction and tried to make it fit with Vista.  tumbsup.gif

StevesMom aka  LIn  cheerleading.gif

S1lent

Hi,
A few recommendations for people using Windows Vista and IE9:

Right click your Desktop and choose Personalize
Click "Window Color and Appearance"
Select the "Windows Vista Basic" color scheme
Click Apply
Click OK

BTW...I am liking IE9...haven't noticed any problems.  But, I didn't notice any problems with IE8 or FireFox. 
All my BH autos work just fine.

Good luck
S1lent

lilsh0rtii445

I'm using IE8, and my "play box" is doing the same thing. It isn't just IE9. In the future, if you ever want to go back to IE8, this is what you do.

1. go to the maintenance icon on the far right.

2. go down to where you see F12.

3. It will say "browser mode - IE9. click that and make it IE8.

mycatownsme

Hello Again,
What happened to me with IE9 was the boxes that open, for example, when you play Gin.
they ask if you want to play or leave table. Well, those boxes would show up at the bottom of the page
and not in the center place where they used to be. That made the autos not able to run without
sitting there to stop the auto and click what to do because the box had moved.
I'm so glad you're not having any trouble. Sure makes it lots more fun.
Seems like I'm not having much luck with computers because my one that I used for the autos broke down.
And so I decided to use this newer one and the rest is history
Well...update to history....my cheats stopped working and I don't know what happened.
All was going great and I checked the computer and all was stopped.
I got a pop up box that said it was Internet Explorer 8 Installation. Couldn't figure that out.
I clicked next and after about 15 minutes I got another box pop up saying updates installed, restart computer.
And now none of my cheats work at all. I tried going to BH and downloading again but now I get a different code
and it doesn't match what's on my 150 page. So, I wrote to them today but I know it will be a while before I hear anything,

Especially with today being Mothers Day.  I just wish I knew more so I could figure out what the heck I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again,  Lin

mycatownsme

Hi Lilshorti...hope I got that right,
My luck lately I don't count on anything.  rolleyes.gif
I don't see anything that says maintenance but I do have a wrench tool looking thing.
Is that what you mean? I clicked on that and I didn't have anything threre that said F12 and browser mode.
I have that wrench tool thing with options written next to it and a small arrow that points down.
This is all next to a button and it says Sign In and then that wrench tool Options.
When I click on that I get options for the toolbar.
I do find on a line below that it has my little house for home page and pinter and then Page, Safety and Tools with A question mark in a blue circle.
I did find an F12 there but a page opened up and it said HTML and nothing about IE8.
Is this the thing you were talking about? Maybe that is what is messed up and why I'm having trouble? I'm so darn confused.
I do still have everyone with IE8 which is what they did not have before. But now my programs won't work.
I will hope BH can help me out when they get back to me. It may be I will need them to clear out my 150 club page and I will need to download the programs again.
I didn't have that many done anyways. And that would be a simple fix...if that's what is needed.
Thank you for your help.
Lin  aka StevesMom

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: stevelj on May 08, 2011, 12:18:35 PM
I did find an F12 there but a page opened up and it said HTML and nothing about IE8.
Is this the thing you were talking about? Maybe that is what is messed up and why I'm having trouble? I'm so darn confused.
Lin  aka StevesMom

Yes, that was it! A pop-up WILL open.
When the pop-up opens, looks on the right side of the page, it will say "Browser Mode:IE9"   Click THAT! it will give you an option to go to IE8.

I discovered this feature because I couldn't play Farmville or Cafeworld. IE9 wasn't compatible with FV or CW. I only switch to IE8 when need be. Other than that, IE9 works great for me.

The playbox is doing the same thing to me. I think it might be a pogo issue, not yours. hang in there!

mycatownsme

tumbsup.gif Well. i'm glad I checked here to see that I did find it.
I did get IE8 going but keeping my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed in hopes that all will continue to work.
The main thing I learned throughout this ordeal was that I will Never download a beta program again.
I learned that the public that downloads a beta program are being used as the ones to test it.
I think that is so wrong. These programs should be tested before they put safer and all the other buzz words that grab a person like myself to download without fully knowing everything I should. I will stick with IE8. But I do thank you for the information in case I get stuck going to IE9 and want to go back to IE8.
Have a good night.  Lin  aka  StevesMom  hi11.gif

lilsh0rtii445

Quote from: stevelj on May 08, 2011, 11:39:05 PM
tumbsup.gif Well. i'm glad I checked here to see that I did find it.
I did get IE8 going but keeping my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed in hopes that all will continue to work.
The main thing I learned throughout this ordeal was that I will Never download a beta program again.
I learned that the public that downloads a beta program are being used as the ones to test it.
I think that is so wrong. These programs should be tested before they put safer and all the other buzz words that grab a person like myself to download without fully knowing everything I should. I will stick with IE8. But I do thank you for the information in case I get stuck going to IE9 and want to go back to IE8.
Have a good night.  Lin  aka  StevesMom  hi11.gif

Everytime you start IE, you're gonna have to change it back to IE8. just so you know.

mycatownsme

I believe I uninstalled version 9 and it isn't on here anymore.
I think I only have version 8.
But funny you should say this because I had a window show up on the bottom of my screen today while at another site. I better check again.

Thanks for adding this.  tumbsup.gif   Lin

I just checked and it says IE8 so all is good.....I hope.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview